One-armed MMA fighter.

Discussion in 'MMA' started by illegalusername, Dec 5, 2011.

1. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

I was just about to brag on facebook how hard i've been training lately, and then i see this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDYMBaqh1lo"]One-Armed MMA Fighter shows amazing battle - YouTube[/ame]

Speechless. Completely speechless.

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Dang, makes the guys with two arms look pretty bad.

3. JamesR

JamesR Valued Member

This is amazing, truly inspirational, I'd like to think If I had an accident or illness I would still continue with my MAs training, great guy to be doing what he is :)

4. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Wow, that's damn impressive. I'm saving that on my phone for times when my motivation suffers.

5. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

You lose, and you got beat by a guy with one arm.

You win, and you beat a guy who only has one arm.

It's a lose/lose situation.

6. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Actually he is a one and a half armed fighter -_- goodluck pulling off that leglock with only ONE arm. Either way this was impressive.

7. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Well if you think about it the one advantage fewer limbed guys have, at least below HW, is that they have thicker limbs since the weight of the extra limb isn't there.

That one wrestler dude with one leg has the same advantage.

So next time a cripple provokes you don't pull your punches. (J/K BTW)

8. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Then again that weight advantage is being eliminated by his gigantic brass testicles.

9. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

How does having fewer limbs ever become an advantage? I know the thicker remaining limb issue is there, but he's still got only one arm to punch with...

Edit: actually watched the video, and that is freaky how he doesn't even seem to be affected by the lack of a left forearm.

I have the utmost respect for him, though. Dude's got moxie.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  10. TaekwonPRO

TaekwonPRO Valued Member

I wonder what the guy was thinking when he was told he was going to be fighting a one armed fighter....

11. bjjcompete

bjjcompete New Member

Damn, respect!

12. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

Thats kinda not fair if he is allowed to strike with the hard end of his "stub arm".

Shouldnt they put a makeshift glove on it?

13. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Well remember the wrestler who had no arms and legs? (in freestyle he was actually doing fireman carries :confused: )
    He tried MMA apparently they tried to place gloves on him but they kept slipping off, possible same scenario here?

Also what difference is it to an elbow? its essentially what it is..

14. fonzerelli_79

fonzerelli_79 Valued Member

That's unbelievable. I kind of feel bad for complaining about a torn calf and pulled hamstring in the past. Must try harder! :)