On Kata...and henka and adapting the art for

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Please reality, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Notice how I was replying to two people? It's not all about you, that was in response to what Hatsie wrote.:eek: Carry on.

2. mattt

mattt Valued Member

No, I have no idea what you were talking about regarding your reply to me, but the manner in which you crafted that post led the quote button to ignore that part.

My point, to which you replied strangely is that I am talking about the residents in the Bujinkan (and other arts for that matter, but lets not get too side tracked here).

The Japanese Resident Bujinkan population was the subject of this post:

3. Da Lurker

Da Lurker Valued Member

did I specifically refer to RP? where?

it's about ATTITUDE. it's about VALUES.

your previous post tells us something about what you value. same as mine. ours differ, but that's normal.

as stated in the my previous post, it's ONLY considered heroic if he SUCCEEDS. the thing is, it's easy to criticise, but stepping out to the plate is hard to find. walking the walk, so to speak.

how do you walk the walk? and how do others say you REALLY walk the walk?
    do you go into a public forum and say "i'm here at the mountain trail and walking the walk"? no, you're just talking the walk. talking involves words and listening. walking involves movement. and others acknowledge and verify walking most of the time by seeing, by feeling, not so much.

now, can you show movement in an internet forum? can you WALK THE WALK on the internetz?

4. Da Lurker

Da Lurker Valued Member

not really, if you're just practicing with a wooden dummy(or an uke like one of those), will you know that your base was wrong? or if your uke was tentative and hesitant to sweep, will you know your faults? or what if at that time, your uke was working on his ukemi without telling you, resulting in lesser attack attempts?

one will learn a proper response when an action to a certain stimuli leads to negative effects, then one will adjust until the result is acceptable. most of the time NO WORDS are needed.

the problem comes when the stimuli's reaction is only peculiar to itself, i.e. it doesn't apply to others or the real situation, hence a positive effect reinforces the improper response. in budo's case it is a dishonest uke.

and dishonest uke are prevalent in the bujinkan in my experience.

5. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDWRZneNBs"]Heart of the Bujinkan - Chapter 4 - Bonus Feature - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe I had CC all wrong. The effortless flow and skill at which he demonstrates his deep understanding of the technique and henka is astonishing. I stand corrected.

ps-where'd the Koku thread go?

6. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

How can you miss it? It's right there. The opponent right punched and then right kicks. So much koku. So wow.

7. bboygyro

bboygyro Valued Member

That took considerable effort for me. I survived 30 seconds before my eyes bled. Where's my sake?

8. Pankeeki

Pankeeki Valued Member

I was thinking exaclty the same thing, his wifes moves the same BTW

9. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

My firewall came up with "Content blocked. Reason: sticky-out arses"

Money well spent ;)