Olympics Disgrace & Outrage......I'm Offended!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ular Sawa, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Probably not the best choice in the world.....

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Frankly, most of the corporate sponsorship of the games disgusts me. I mean I know they need the money but there is something badly wrong with a massive sporting event like this being sponsored by Heinekin, McDonald's and Cadbury! :woo:

The statements put out by these companies and the Olympic Association to justify how they can be part of a 'healthy' society make me mad!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18708790

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  4. Dean Winchester

At least Cadbury is Brit...i..sh er hang on!

You're on the ball though Frodocious. You'd think they'd have something more appropriate.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Hershey FTW?! ;) :D

6. Dean Winchester

No no Cadbury and Banks's and we are sussed.

That's my idea of supporting local produce :D

Well it was until those barstools bought the bloody company.

7. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

You're taking this far too lightly my friend.....

England may not have invented beer but certainly came up with the types that taste any good. The world would be a much poorer place without fine English ales.

8. Dean Winchester

I'm just miserable because I can't drink anymore.

It's a bloody disgrace though about this heineken lark.

9. Young Noob

Young Noob Valued Member

What should be advertised during the games? Please, not the latest 20 minute ab machine!

10. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Didn't you know that a Big Mac (TM) provides all the nutrients you need to become a world class athlete?

11. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Plus a whole bunch of extra stuff you don't 'need'. I'd call that a bargain!

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The thing is though companies that produce or sell products that are in keeping with the ethos of a healthy and active lifestyle rarely earn the sort of money needed buy this sort of sponsorship I think.
    Not compared to companies that make beer or junk food.

13. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Didn't Bolt have mcnuggets or something last time?

14. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Unfortunately most of the people watching the olympics aren't athletes or health nuts so healthier sponsers won't pay as much. In a way it's cool though. We're suporting our best athletes with the money of fat slob couch potatoes! See you can spin anything to be positive. If Mitt Romney can be polling at 42% then McDonalds and Hieniken can sponser the Olympics!

15. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

As proven by Micheal Phelps!

16. liero

liero Valued Member

At least the beer will be served cold....

Unlike some of the rubbish on tap in UK bars

17. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

You didn't...

:ban:

That amber liquid (shockingly similar in colour to another amber liquid, as well as taste) barely even qualifies as beer. Gimme a good Wychwood or Surrey Hills any time.

18. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Pfft! That's small beer compared to what actually happens when a city/country is award the chance to host the Olympics. Basically the Olympics exists as a sort of micro state within a state. Normal laws and market competition rules are virtually completely suspended. Visa for example will be swicthing off all cash machines at Olympic venues except for their own. The only credit and debit cards that will be accepted will be Visa cards.

The whole event is a disgusting display of the power and hubris of multi-national corporations.

19. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Oh come on guys, after about the 12th Heinie you'll be so hammered it won't matter anyhow. :)

20. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Because he wasn't sure what the food would be like in China? There was an Australian bike sprinter who's diet practically consisted of Mars Bars and KFC IIRC.