Ohaiyo Gonzaimasu

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by segrub, May 7, 2010.

1. segrub

segrub New Member

Hey all, just a quick post to introduce myself.

My name is Dean and I'm a martial artist from Australia.

I've been training in the martial arts since I was 9yrs old and have been lucky enough to experience various styles/forms over the years.

My martial background consists of Int. Goju Karate, Moo Hap Kwan Hapkido, Kyokushin Karate (AKKA), Uechi-ryu Karate and now Budoshinkai Jistu and BJJ.

I'm your typical "aussie bloke"; I love a good surf, a hard training session and am happiest when sitting around a campfire with my mates and a couple acoustic guitars.

I've joined MAP to broaden my martial knowledge and hopefully meet some interesting people and make some new friends.

Anyway I am sure I have bored you all enough by now, feel free to drop me a line sometime and I look forward to talking with you all in the near future.

Osu.

Dean.

"The secret to success is simple...sweat." - Sosai Mas Oyama (Kyokushin Founder)

2. liero

liero Valued Member

Welcome aboard, where in Australia do you live?

3. segrub

segrub New Member

Thanks mate, glad to be a part of such a diverse forum.

In answer to your question, I live/train in NSW.

How about yourself?

4. liero

liero Valued Member

Ditto.

Who have you trained karate with over the years? Esp. Goju, I might know them :)

5. segrub

segrub New Member

I've been very fortunate when it comes to the instructors and styles that I have had access to.

Initially I started my training under Shihan Robert Hutchinson (IGK) in QLD, then moved interstate and began training under Jim Gill (Moo Hap Kwan Hapkido) and John Hallford (Kyokushin) in Tamworth. Then it was time for another interstate move which allowed me to train under Ray Gardiner (Uechi-ryu Karate).

Now I'm back in the dojo once again and loving every session, training in Budoshinkai Jitsu & BJJ in NSW.

How about yourself mate, what is your martial background?

6. oldyonkyu

oldyonkyu Valued Member

Hello Dean and welcome to MAP, Great site, perhaps the best MA community on line.

7. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

welcome to MAP

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

9. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Welcome to MAP. Nothing like a burst on the old guitar to wind down after some hard training.

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard Segrub :)

Mitch

11. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

The secret to success is not only "sweat" but also "train smart". 1, 2 is better than 1, 2, 3 and 1 is better than 1, 2.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  12. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

13. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Welcome!

I'm just itching to put on my hiking boots and hit a trail or two, and after a long hike unwind around a camp fire and just enjoy the beautiful world.