oh no! not another new guy!

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by jediraven, Apr 2, 2006.

1. jediraven

jediraven Valued Member

hey all...

well i'm 30 yrs old and i just got back in the game.
    been dormant in Martial Arts for a long time, my studies included TKD and Karate...when i was a kid
    now that i'm older aikido has really caught my attention. i think it's practises and applications as well as its overall phlosophy is ideal for my current state.

so i sat in on some classes and joined.
    my wife is begining to show some intrest as well.

anyway, any advise from you guys and girls out there would greatly be appreciated.

hope i had a point . i look forward to gaining some wise allies through the use of this site.

Peace

2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Read the FAQ-Answers thread at the top of this aikido forum. If there's something we left out of it, ask.

Also, search the old threads. We've got discussions on ukemi, discussions on strikes, discussions on weapons, discussions on what type of gi to wear, ... we've covered a lot of topics over the last few years. It's possible that your next question was answered in one of our old threads, so don't be shy about reading the old threads.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  3. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Hmm advice. Be prepaired to be extreamly frustraighted when you think you know it ... then find out you don't when it doesn't work. Other than that, stick in and enjoy it.

4. jediraven

jediraven Valued Member

Thank you both for your response i will indeed read through all the old postings....

there is so much to learn on this site!

5. Xav

Xav Valued Member

aikido is a long path to get good at it

6. Ferenc

Ferenc New Member

Yes, you learn humility very quick.
    Dont expect to be good at everything.
    Dont be too urgent, especially with rolling, bad techniques are very hard to get out of once they set.