Official MAP Meet 2012

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Late for dinner, Apr 1, 2012.

?

Are you coming along to the 2012 MAP Meet?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2012.
  1. Yes definately

63.2%
  2. Unsure at this stage

31.6%
  3. I am coming and bringing a friend

5.3%
  1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

And I do wear a little hat. Plus you just triggered my trap that unleashes 12 huge ancient Red Dragons, get ready to make saving throws baby.

Mitch

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I won't ask where.

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

geordieshire?

4. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

*Rolls Double 6

"Safe!"

5. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0lHNCiiXGo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0lHNCiiXGo[/ame]

6. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

I roll tomoe nage. I win.

7. Unreal Combat

*Rolls Double 6 and lands on feet*

Nope.

8. Mitch

Exciting news :D

MAP MEET IS GO!

We've been forced to change the date to Sat 29th Sept, so that gives you 2 months notice to sort your diaries out :)

The venue will be the Portland Leisure Centre in Nottingham.

There will be another thread with all the details soon, this is just your advanced warning :)

Mitch

9. Unreal Combat

Where's that one? Meadows isn't it?

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yeah. *Pencils date in diary* :)

11. Mitch

That's the one mate yep. Easy for folks coming off the A453, walking distance from the station.

Mitch

12. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Ok, I'm in charge of organizing the meet in the Colonies! I head up the American Chapter! I'm gonna organise one TOO!

Well, I guess its true. Absolute power corrupts absolutely MITCHELL....

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  13. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Colonies Mitch, really? LOL

14. Mitch

Heh, that was actually Mike's wording, I just changed all his "Who's going to" into "I'm going to.." Big fella just needed little push to volunteer :D

Mitch

15. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Apologies Mitch :eek: I thought you were pulling the old hat out of the closet Hehe. That's even better though, he's the right man for the job! :cool:

16. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Why is it that any sentence involving Mitch always ends in "out of the closet"?

Most mysterious...

17. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Oh but I'm REALLY not. No follow through at all. Nope. None. I'm awful. Anyone else is better really. I'll bring snacks though!

18. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

So I get to hang out with MAP during the day and go watch UFC in the evening?

Greatest. Day. Ever

Edit: I know this is still something that's being organised, but are we going to do the "raise money for charity" thing again at this one?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  19. Mitch

Yes. Money raised above the cost of expenses will go to charity.

There may be a side event to raise money for JWT's and my bar bill if his last visit is anything to go by.

20. Mitch

The MAP Meet is on!

On Saturday September 29th the next MAP Meet will take place at the Portland Leisure Centre in Nottingham.

The centre is in walking distance of Nottingham train station, easy to find from the M1/A453 and has parking outside.

We will aim to start around 10 and finish around 4, though this will depend on how many Instructors we get.

So far, our confirmed Instructors are JWT who will be teaching his usual top notch self defence, and Simon who will fill you in with more details soon.

We hope to be confirming many more soon, and please do ask if there's a particular session you'd like to attend.

Price will be around the £15-£20 mark and all profits will go to charity.

Details of how to pay and the Instructors involved will follow shortly (no, not you Frodocious), so get the date in your diary and please do express your interest here.

See you in September folks! :D

Mitch

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012