Official MAP Meet 2012

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Late for dinner, Apr 1, 2012.

?

Are you coming along to the 2012 MAP Meet?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2012.
  1. Yes definately

63.2%
  2. Unsure at this stage

31.6%
  3. I am coming and bringing a friend

5.3%
  1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I'll be paying for myself and at least 2 of my students tomorrow, it's looking good folks :)

Mitch

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Well if anyone was planning on booking a hotel for the night, the 29th has like zero hotels left in Nottingham. Yay for ufc.

Me and Grappling Dummy are going up on the Friday and staying here
    http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-r...tannia-nottingham-city-centre-nottingham.aspx

For 40 a night if anyone wishes to join us being incredibly boring and probably not getting smashed and instead having an early night. You know you're tempted ladies.

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

still sorting out logistics as i've a few personal things need sorting before i can shoot down the country. but if i stay there i can promise the early night wont happen :p (i'm fighting the weekend after so it probably will to be fair)

4. Mitch

I'm paid up, along with two of my black belt students, Derek and Suzanne. I'll see if anyone else can go this week :)

Mitch

5. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Does the ringworm sleep for free?

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I like a fungal infection with personality.

7. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

If I pamper the bugger he'll never go away.

On that note I have a question for the guys taking sessions. Are any of you cool with me training and taking part? I was going to sit them all out bt my k1 coach is letting me back into that so long as I keep the ringworm covered with a few layers so figured I'd ask about the meet too. Completely understand if everyone says no though. On the brightside ya'll won't have to suffer the sight of me in shorts now.

8. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

As I've always said to you...

"No-one wants to see it! Keep that little worm covered up!"

:evil:

9. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

:evil::evil:

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

You can bugger off. :)

11. John Titchen

On a serious note, I'd like to see it sprayed with second skin, then covered, then tracksuit bottoms over that, and you making sure you've given your arms and hands a good wash!

12. Simon

For those not getting Bassai's joke; last time we met he split my lip open (through a face mask).

If someone can distract him while I kick him in the chuds, then I'll buy that person a beer.:)

13. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I feared this might happen , I suspect I'm doomed .

14. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Maybe if we all wear Hazmat suits... :) :) :)

Really looking forward to next Saturday...

15. John Titchen

Just paid. I hope the paypal page number of visitors reflects the number of payees.

16. Mitch

It's getting really close now folks, very excited *hops from foot to foot* :D

OK, so other than mankinis all round, do our instructors have any requirements for kit or clothing people need to bring?

T shirt and jogging bottoms? Doboks/gis? Any pads, gloves, groin guards or gumshields?

Looking forward to meeting everyone for a great day's training :D

MItch

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  17. John Titchen

T shirt and shorts/tracksuit bottoms plus trainers for my class. No need for gumshields, gloves or boxes.

18. Simon

Same here.

Boxing gloves, decent MMA or bag gloves for one of the drills though.

If you don't have them then I'm sure I can adapt the drill to use you as a punchbag. :)

On a serious note the drill can be done empty handed and all I ask is an open mind and someone who is not afraid to question.

19. Mitch

I can rustle up a few sets of gloves. Might bring kickshields along too in case any of you non-TKD folk fancy learning how to kick properly :whistle:

MItch

20. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Clothes are not optional (Mitch - read mankini's are not ''clothes)!! ;' )

T-shirt, shorts or trackie bottoms, shoes (or not) ... footwear is all up to you.

Gum shields are optional and a personal choice. You can bring MMA gloves if you like although they aren't necessary.

We will get somewhat up close and personal so if you are at all worried about what ends up where, put on whatever you feel you need to in order to keep things in check :' P
    That goes equally for the women as for the men.

Don't think that anything else is important other than bring your curiosity and leave the ego's at the door (please :' ). I'm open to criticism but I have to warn you I will be on my back far more than any of you could possibly be :' S.

LFD