Nunchaku Treats

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by SpinStorm, May 30, 2004.

1. king_dragon

king_dragon New Member

I really want to get in2 nunchaku but it seems really complicated u no any books that i can learn from?Also which MA's practice the nunchaku? :confused:
    Great vids!
    Cheers 4 ne reply! :D

2. nunchaku8587

nunchaku8587 Valued Member

fyi guys...THE FOAM HURT LIKE HELL!!! :Angel: haha, just lettin you know...

yeah, i know they don't hurt as much as the wooden ones, trust me, but they still hurt like a B

3. SpinStorm

SpinStorm Valued Member

My footage will be inaccessable through those links now, as my hosting has died :( I will post working links to my footage once my hosting problems have been rectified...

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hope you get the site running ASAP :)

5. SpinStorm

SpinStorm Valued Member

Thank You :D I'm sure TheSpinStorm will be back very soon, no matter how big the myriad of extremly irritating things is that manage to get in my way... :bang:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  6. SpinStorm

SpinStorm Valued Member

:D It should be mostly up and running now thanks :D

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

It is :) Nice one :)

The site has earnt itself a place one the Weapons Links thread :)

8. ryangruhn

ryangruhn Valued Member

Great Clips!

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Couldn't you have just edited your original post? ;)

10. DarkLander

DarkLander New Member

hello ppl.. how do u do? I'm from Lebanon
    I'm new in here and I'm interested in nunchaku!
    to be honest I'm not just interested, but like it so much and I'm professional,
    I'm lebanon champion since the last 2 years. and on sunday (2 days ago) I had lebanon championship, but I knew bout it on saturday.. so I wanna give a special thanks to SpinStorm coz he puted the videos links and they gave me ideas bout some moves that I made in ma show...
    I placed 2nd in both artistic and combat modes, I dont care for the combat mode, but the artistic is what I care, and I couldnt get the 1st place b coz of someone who hurts my right shoulder in the final of the combat in purpose, because he saw me while I was practicing b4 we begin, and the next day I went for an xray for ma shoulder...
    anyway, I'm gonna get back my 1st place the next year, and I'm not playing combat! :pppp loool...

once again 10x alot to SpinStorm :).

peace out

11. creed

creed Valued Member

Here is another great site to watch videos on:

http://www.nunchaku.org

check out the freestyles link on it and choose demos to access the videos.

12. tommy

tommy New Member

I am a Kyokushin fighter/teacher/student.

any advice on how to learn or who to learn from? I have foams ones, but really don;t know what the hell I am doing. We don;t use weapons in our dojo, but I would like to learn.

Thanks

13. tommy

tommy New Member

Just went on the site...excellent. Thanks

14. DarkLander

DarkLander New Member

10x creed for the web site, I liked these shows, but there's somethin wrong.. they play fine but not perfect, and they dont move their bodies smoothly with their nunchaks... but they have some nice tricks with it! :)
    again thanks for the link creed

peace out

15. SpinStorm

SpinStorm Valued Member

Great! Your welcome! Glad I could help :D

Here are another nunchaku site with some interesting techniques:

www.michisports.com/cd01

16. DarkLander

DarkLander New Member

10x SpinStorm for that site also :).. these r some techniques of nunchaku and they r important I know! but I wanted as these 1st clips that u've posted their links at 1st ;) coz I wanna get ready for the next championship for real and get my 1st place back.. hehehehehe, strange huh? :p.

anyway thanks SpinStorm :) it was really nice of ya!

peace out

17. Blast

Blast Valued Member

I've been training with nunchucks since I was 6 (playing). My dad thought me the basics. At the age of about 12 I didn't use them that much anymore. The last years I'm training a lot with them, so now I'm actually very good with them. Thing is, I've never used them in any sparring situation so it's more like something to play with to me (always on my own with my trusted chucks).
    Those who want to start with the nunchaku and don't know how, I suggest they just search up movies on the internet and practise... a lot! That's how my dad learned it (from tapes, not the internet).
    I'm not good at 'catching' both sticks of the nunchaku in 1 hand. Any advice anyone? I haven't seen this a lot in vids. Also, I don't really use wrist rolls a lot, I don't see there combat purpose.

Great collection of moves, Spinstorm. There are a few moves I can learn from it :). (Somehow a few of your vids were on my computer).

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  18. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

No if you want to learn a weapon then find a bloody teacher!!!

19. Blast

Blast Valued Member

I disagree. There are instructional books and videos made for this purpose. You don't get yourself a teacher to learn some jojotricks, do you?

Naturally there is a difference between a jojo and a weapon, but you can at least learn moves on your own. I've read a guide from a martial artist explaining how to throw shurikens. He starts off all technically and, at the end, he says, take the principles from the martial art you practise and apply them to the shuriken.

Having a teacher is always better, but sometimes you can't.

20. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Ok let me rephrase that.

If you want learn how to use a weapon correctly and as it was intended then you need to find a teacher.

If you want to play around with a weapon then I'm sure books and YouTube is fine, if somewhat dangerous.

Books etc are meant as a suppliment for study not a replacement for an experienced qualified teacher.