Not Frank Dux Comments on MAP Article

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Not Frank Dux, Apr 20, 2012.

1. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

I'd rather it was JCV-D

2. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Have you not seen that docudrama about the kumite? It must be true as there is a movie about it :p:evil::eek:

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

We at MAP have not had the confirmation, but the reply to Matt suggests that it is indeed one and the same

4. finite monkey

I think they are refered to as minions

5. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

What do you guys think? Should I go ahead with the next article? I'm starting to have second thoughts. Continuing this nonsense might be a bad idea.

6. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Your call. As long as it remains a) the truth as you genuinely believe it, b) a matter of public interest and c) fair comment based on the available evidence, then it's not slander. Other than that, as long as you abide by the terms of service, I don't see why we wouldn't allow it to be published.

7. Hannibal

Absolutely you should!

This is a typical scare tactic employed by those with something to hide. Threats of legal action, lawsuits, defamation accusations....all smoke and mirrors

Publish and make the devil a liar

8. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Go right ahead, please. The last article I thought made a great point which has been overshadowed by all this frank ducks nonsense.

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

bear in mind that if he does file a suit, you'll have to pay to defend yourself with no guarantee of having those costs reimbursed if you win. Pick your battles bro.

10. OwlMAtt

It will of course be true and fair comment on available evidence, and I'm aware Dux and his doppelganger are just blowing hot air, I'm just not sure I want to take on the role of anti-Dux crusader.

That said, I've pretty much written the whole thing already. It seems silly just to let it sit in my Google Docs folder and collect dust.

11. finite monkey

If it turns out that NFD is FD will his name be changed back to FD, or perhaps The Real FD?

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Point (a) -- there can't be "willful blindness." That means if you could have checked the facts but didn't, and it turns out to be false and defamatory, then you're in trouble. So, check your facts. Research what is available to you.

No doubt you've already done that.

13. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

If it's the real FD, then if he doesn't caption it 'all you other FD's are just, imitating' he should get chucked for wasted opportunity.

14. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

If you are concerned whether you are dealing with the ''real''FD or not you might just do a couple of things.

a) put the e-mail address into PIPL.com and see who is associated with that e-mail address. It is not bad at finding where an e-mail account is being shown. You might find it is attached to another person's name.

b) stick the web page into ''whois.com'' and see who the registered owner of the web page is. It often shows the name and which city the person has registered the account from. Did this before when someone pretended to be a beautiful model coming to my area (wanting me to accept '' cheques'' and to give the model's 'rep' the difference). Funny the real model and her attorney were not amused by her name being used when I e-mailed them.

Wouldn't hurt to check!

FWIW

LFD

15. finite monkey

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGk2qmDmvT8"]Eminem - Real slim Shady - YouTube[/ame]

16. OwlMAtt

Thanks for the tip. Pipl seems to think it's legit.

17. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

I was wondering when someone was going to ask the Real Frank Dux to please stand up. Don't worry about him ambushing you in your driveway OwlMatt, he's not a ninja anyway. In fact, I have heard that the Ninja Federation is holding a special emergency meeting to determine whether or not to send Okasa out after him for dishonoring the ninja name with his whining.

18. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

If it walks like a Dux, and quacks like a Dux ...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! :)

19. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

20. Hannibal