"No Gi Judo" Videos thread

Discussion in 'Judo' started by Done-Gone, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Sounds like you are using these two kids to play out some unresolved sibling rivalry with your brother?
    Probably better if you and your brother just have a grapple and sort it that way?
    I have no problem with someone being pleased their student won.
    It's doing it in such and extravagent maner front of a crying kid I'm not a fan of.
    I also think this is partly a US V UK thing. People in the UK being more subdued about such things it seems.

2. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Point well made and well taken.

I was only looking for "CAMERA TIME!", that's all. NO disrespect intended at anybody. PLEASE believe me. :Angel:

3. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Im afraid he'd kick my butt, jump around and gloat like an idiot adult (in that order) in celebration, embarrassing and humiliating me. I hate when that happens.

The truth be told: Brother's should NOT fight against one another... and we dont. :pinocchio: Never!

4. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Sorry. I meant that its about his students, not about him dominating someone.

5. Blade96

Huh?

Brothers compete against each other in lots of sports and athletic activities. Lots of examples of it in hockey. In spring 2009, two brothers, Pittsburgh Penguins player Jordan Staal and his brother Eric of the Carolina Hurricanes played against each other with their teams for the right to play in the stanley cup final. (Jordan's team won the cup that year.)

and if brother's love and compete together in MA and against each other I think that's very cool!

Nothing wrong with it at all, in my view. :)

6. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

"perfect" I aint.

HUMILITY is often "over rated" IMHO. :evil:

7. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

I said fight, NOT play or compete. Besides, the Pinochio means I'm NOT telling the truth. We argue, fuss and fight, just like all competitive brothers who LOVE each other to DEATH.

:heart::love:

8. Blade96

ah crap. I didn't see the pinocchio!

Blush.

9. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

My bro and I are very competitive, with and against each other. In Grappling, we each have our own team, and we compete (his team vs. mine). In Judo, its a different situation, we compete as 1 (one) team.

10. Blade96

That's cool, mate! :) so cool when you have family who love your activities with you. I'm the oddball in my family when it comes to martial arts. :(

11. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Humility

Maybe that's true but I have never seen GSP, Fedor, Randy Couture, any of the top judoka from Japan or the Gracies act particularly vain or big headed about their high level of skill. One of my judo instructors was Romanian national champion and you never met a more humble guy... maybe it is just a cultural thing.

Might be worth a consideration.

powchoy

12. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

There's also Muhamad Ali, Brock Lesner, Ocho Cinco & Terrell Owens (to name just 2 from the NFL), Reggie Jackson, Pete Rose, etc. and many others who are NOT so humble in the face of victory.

I would NOT disrespect anybody by getting in their face and rubbing it in, but a small and controled celebration is O.K. IMHO.

13. SenseiMattKlein

SenseiMattKlein Engage, Maverick

They are both little warriors in my book, for getting in there and having a go.

14. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

You had me until he did the cartwheel right off. He'd either get punched in the face by a good boxer or a bjj guy would take him right out. Sorry, rolls and cartwheels have little to do with martial arts unless your learning to fall in my opinion.

15. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Are you serious? Puched in the face by a good boxer? Its a Grappling match, for God's sake, NOT striking. A good BJJ guy would take him right out? He's been doing crazy stuff like what you see in the video for quite a while now, and he does very well for himself, with a spectacular winning percentage... against good BJJ guys in his age and weight division.

That's why they call him the "JUDO NINJA". :ninja2:

16. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

A little flashy for my taste, but other then that, it's good.

Just like to say that he cartwheels and such won't work forever, and he may lose because of it, just like any other martial artist. No offense intended of course. Just my own personal musings.

17. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

It's cool he can use these moves effectively (for now), but they hardly make him a ninja (just being picky). I've seen plenty of folk use cartwheels and cartwheel headposts in bjj, so he's not exactly unique.

18. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Depends entirely on the art in question and the context of use.

Rolls and such are not only ways of falling safely but also methods of traversing.

19. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Yes... and confusing your apponent as well.

20. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Some one posted that they dont seem to be having fun. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, they have fits, and cry when ever they cant make it to class. :cry: