Ninjutsu Questions

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by ninjabumon, Mar 3, 2002.

1. ninjabumon

ninjabumon New Member

Hello everyone! I was recently told by Rob, who is a member, I should check out this site. Rob asked me if I would mind responding to some of the questions people have on Ninjutsu. I will do my best. My American teacher Ed Martin (papasan) I see is on here! This is good. If Ed can't help you because he is busy, I will try. See you in Japan soon Ed! Thanks again Rob.

Country Ninja,
    Tracy Crocker

2. waya

waya Valued Member

Hey Tracy,
    Glad to see you could make it :)

Rob

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Glad to have you hear Tracy.

If you could help clear up some of the common misconceptions that would be great.

Ok, do you actually teach the use of shaken, is it something that you'd only teach at a high level?

Thanx

Col

4. ninjabumon

ninjabumon New Member

Hi,
    The Shaken (Shuriken) and the Bo Shuriken are something that I teach. I usually teach it after someone has been training around 3 months. That way they have better basic bodywork and can use it better. My Asst Instructor Brian Bennett (Sandan) can throw them better than I! He can probubly hit a dime at 25-30ft! I can't do it and I know most would have to see it to believe it. He has been practicing it's usage 15 minutes a day, every day for the past 7 years. It does take practice. I usually focus on Taijutsu (unarmed combat). I have seen some pretty good Shuriken throwers in Japan as well. Ed Martin usually has us throw Business cards, then throw playing cards threw newspapers. It can be pretty hard to do at first, but you can do it. Keep trying. Hang in there and if I can help anyone else, please ask.

Country Ninja,
    Tracy Crocker

5. HKD

HKD New Member

TRACY!!
    it's good 2 C Ur still alive :O)
    i haven't talked 2 U in a while.

HKD

sean willis

6. fragilesense

fragilesense New Member

Here in the UK we can only legally train with rubber shuriken, which is a real pain in the backside :(

I've heard that the Tai Kai next year is in Manchester, where I live. Any truth to this?

7. Juzo

Juzo New Member

Yes, TaiKai will be in Manchester on the 6th, 7th, and 8th of June in 2003. More information will be loaded onto www.taikai.co.uk soon.

8. binski20

binski20 Valued Member

Just curious is this is the same Juzo I know??????

9. Juzo

Juzo New Member

It is :)

10. Raizan

Raizan New Member

Juzo...that's a nice ichi-monji no kamae under your name!

11. Juzo

Juzo New Member

Thank you very much Raizan :) . Its just an edited version of a picture i found in Google image search typing "Ichimonji No Kamae", and im not sure where its from (I think its from Shinobi no Mono, but correct me if im wrong)

12. Raizan

Raizan New Member

Heh,heh...I guess I know my Ninjutsu. If you get the chance to go to Tai Kai...GO!!! I attended the one in Collinsville, Illinois this year, and I had a blast!

13. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox New Member

what Is Tai Kai?

14. eninpodotcom

eninpodotcom New Member

In simplest terms, a Tai Kai is like one great big seminar where everyone gets together and trains, usually the head of the organization is there as well.

15. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox New Member

so its one big sparring session? cool.

16. eninpodotcom

eninpodotcom New Member

Not exactly... ;)

17. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox New Member

is it a seminar or was it something completely different?

18. Raizan

Raizan New Member

It's your chance to train with Hatsumi-Sensei...AND meet fellow Ninjutsu students from around the world.

19. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

And it can feel like a big ole family reunion...

20. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox New Member

o.

by the way i totally new to ninjutsu so..yea.