Ninjutsu or Krav Maga

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by TheDarkLord84, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I may have commented without watching the video first and assumed it was a normal kimura, not a strike defence. I blame you really for saying it was a kimura when it was actually an americana :p

I do very few things in training properly.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Actually that is entirely mea culpa - I meant Top Wristlock not DWL

Either way the rest stands!!

3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

That's what I suspected, but*

Well,sounds like he got beaten up. Just with the damaged eyesight and respiratory complications it seems rather doubtful one could continue and prevail. Unless of course these "moves you could go to jail for " weren't really executed,or at least only with nominal force.

Hardest working guy in the dojo,several years in training? In almost every belt graded org or system that would be above green,which is mid-level in basic training.

2 guys may have squared off.But as the story is presented I'll pass.

No problem.You make a copy to show here after blurring/blacking out the faces.We'll be waiting.

And must not have received much damage.

'xactly.

That's the first round,correct?

If he was in such a condition he was falling down I don't see why the opponent couldn't finish it.

Oh,but that's your point.Ninjutsu bites.

One reason is that there are many self-made "ninjas" out there posting vids.

The only mistake would be in the first round he didn't finish off a helpless opponent with no balance.

You can actually hear the wind when a 7 year old swings a broomstick.

Kendo doesn't teach moves with a sword.

You obviously don't know much about these things.

No,lets have a practitioner of Kenjutsu go to the Kendo dojo_One's designed for real combat,the other isn't. People don't go to Kendo for the purpose of learning practical fighting-'cause it isn't.

Not that I want a Kendoka coming after me with a short staff.

4. mindyourownbsns

mindyourownbsns Valued Member

you do realize i didn't calculate the force of the moves , right ? but judging by the faces my friend made , the strikes were taking their toll ( like they did )

that's what i thought , but i guess i was wrong .

ok , pass

my friend works in my ISP company , in network maintenance . and if he sees that i've uploaded a video of him , he probably won't like it . just yesterday , i got a call from him , telling me not to post information about him . the fact that he's still my friend is because i haven't mentioned his name .

i think he did . but i also think you can't take that much damage yourself , thus think it's impossible . although i admit , an average guy can't take that much of a beating and still stand .

that's the first round , and the second round ( halfway through ) . the ninja guy just couldn't finish him off , go ask him why . maybe because he was taught super ninja death-touch moves , but not the heart to use them . that's why i prefer sports fighting arts . the moves are supposed to be used , and we're taught to use them in a manner that harms the opponent , but not so badly as to have 50 officers pointing guns at us .

one reason is that there are far too many fake ninjas out there , not one of them is real . heck if they were truly ninjas , they wouldn't be spamming websites with how they train .

i think his mistake was improper training . " a kick to the crotch knocks every man down " is a myth . i've seen people take several , and stand without losing balance ( no , not my friend ) . also , if you try to grab someone's legs , and run face first into his front kick , it shows little fighting experience .

and yet , not when a ninja practitioner swings it . and * insert sarcastic tone * of course , we know it's only because they want to be as stealthy as possible * end sarcastic tone *

" chop the guy's head off " is not real training . i've never heard of a kenjutsu practitioner go to another dojo , and challenge a guy .
    just like the original Jujutsu and judo . one was designed for actual combat , used for almost a thousand years by the samurai , the other was designed for sports fighting . and yet , the judo could beat jujutsu with shining results . that's why it's taught to many law enforcement units , special forces and armies around the world , while it seems Japanese jujutsu is almost non-existent nowadays .
    see maybe that's the problem with ninjutsu ( whatever style ) . maybe the " horrible moves that could kill a guy " aren't supposed to be taught , because half the people don't have the guts to use it , the other half are sent to jail and/or executed .

none of us do .

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Just to point out that in a Buj Dojo all kyu grades wear a green belt, so if it was a Buj dojo he could of been anything from 9th to 1st kyu.

6. Dean Winchester

ps brush up on your Judo history a bit. ;)

Also Japanese Jujutsu is going strong and training has things in place to practice the more dangerous stuff.

7. mindyourownbsns

i see , well the guy had a patch on his left lapel , with 3 or 4 stars on top of it . what kyu would that be ?

8. mindyourownbsns

will do !!! but which part were you referring to ? the victory over JJJ ? or the army part ?

almost every city has at least one good judo dojo , whereas a true jjj dojo is pretty difficult to find . one can even say it's almost non existent ( at least in my country , i'm not sure about Japan , i guess it's more popular there ) . for example , it can take up an hour to find a good TKD school near your home , two for karate , 4 for judo , a day for Capoeira , a week or two for JJJ .
    also , are those dangerous stuff actually practiced in full contact ?

9. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

If he had a green belt and 3-4 stars, he could have been 6-5 kyu. *

9 kyu badge 8 kyu badge plus 1 star, 7 kyu badge plus two stars etc.

Some dojo change to brown belt and gold stars at around 4 kyu.

Wayne Roy's dojo did this when I trained there. ( I had a brown belt and 3 gold stars :D )

( *depending if they have brown belt too)

10. mindyourownbsns

ah i see . thanks for answering !!!

11. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

This requires some context. I was told that Kano organized such demonstrations in order to popularize his system. Judo vs jujutsu. But the judoka were themselves also masters in jujutsu, in a style that shared things with judo. In other words, this was less about style vs style, but jj vs jj with one side having an advantage because they already specialized in that part of the ruleset.

The main popularity has to do with competition, which is why it is much more widespread than japanese JJ which has no competition. It pays to organize Judo events because there is money to be made by the organizers, the fighters, and the schools.

12. mindyourownbsns

the way i know it , Kano was a Jujutsu expert . but he thought it's techniques were in many cases , strength reliant , outdated , and overly complex . so he developed a system that could be applied by the concept of redirecting the force instead of meeting it with more force . it's not Jujutsu exactly , it's based on it . saying they're the same is not exactly accurate .

again , yes , the competitions are one of the main reasons of judo's popularity . but the way i hear , many JJJ dojos don't train in a lively manner ( much like Ninjutsu ) , therefore the students won't exactly learn the techniques , they'll just realize a technique exists .
    as for money , you're half right . Ninjutsu and JJJ are usually more expensive than Judo , and most dojos don't teach properly . so i personally think the amount of money wasted on judo would be a lot less than the amount of money wasted in JJJ or Ninjutsu .

13. Dean Winchester

What's the ju in jujutsu mean?

Also Judo wasn't always known as Judo.

And how many actual JJJ Dojo have you bean to? Which ryu-ha?

Again how much exposure do you have to the methodology used in JJJ?

Your experience in JJJ is what again?

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've an old book called Kano Jiu Jitsu (Jiu-do).
    I think that's what it's called anyway.

15. Hannibal

This is absolutely NOT the rationale behind the founding of Judo

This absolutley IS the rationale behind the founding of Judo

16. mindyourownbsns

you're defending JJJ now ? why ?
    gentle ? so ? can't two arts be based on the same concept ?

wow , i'm shocked by that revelation . it's changed my life for good .

personally ? none . but i have reliable friends around the world . and the way i heard about the way of training in those dojos , it's pretty much useless ( the method of training , not the art ) .
    1 ) x grabs y's collar
    2 ) x throws y to the ground ( and before you say there's more to JJJ than throwing , change that with " applies a move in 10 seconds " )
    3 ) the whole time , y just stands there and watches .
    4 ) y repeats what x did

to tell you my personal and honest opinion , i think you're running out of excuses and are just trying to make me look bad because i don't want to train in your art .

also i realized , you remained silent about Ninjutsu emptying people's pockets .

17. Dean Winchester

No I'm actually picking you up on the asinine aspects of your post.

It's a bit more than gentle, it can be a few things amongst them flexible or pliant. Now given that and what you've said above how does that fit in with this quote of yours

Can you see the incongruity between this and your comments above?

Do you even get the basic premise of Jujutsu?

Grow up. It was simply pointing out where you appeared to be mistaken.

Which ryu-ha?

I assume you are on about some form of kata-geiko, if so your understanding is rudimentary at best and the reason for your misunderstanding.

Which ryu-ha have these "friends" witnessed?

Excuses for what exactly?

You think far too much of yourself. I don't give two hoots what you study, I have no need to convert people or recruit and you'd find me to be rather selective about who I'd teach.

I don't need to make you look bad, the poor reasoning and ignorance you demonstrate does that well enough.

Your post was full of generalisations. What do you want me to say? That you are wrong well in my experience you are.

When I was in the Buj mat fees were minimal, any grading fees just covered the paper work and if you jumped a couple of grades you only paid for one. Even the insurance was minimal. The guy I trained with was frequently out of pocket if numbers dropped or not enough people came to a seminar. He even chucked in free sessions.

So there's me with five years in and that's my experience if the money aspect and there's you with what? One lesson and some YouTube clips?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  18. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Does "friends around the world" actually mean people you have physically met?

How long have your friends trained in one specific martial art (as apposed to multiple years of dabbling in various arts)?

Please name the arts. You keep dodging direct questions.

I think your experience of martial arts comes hearsay, youtube, and online forums.

19. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

#Hannibal

:evil:

20. Hannibal

I Am Legend!!!