Ninjutsu or Krav Maga

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by TheDarkLord84, Jun 12, 2012.

1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

I sense hurried googling going on... :)

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

At some point :D

3. mindyourownbsns

mindyourownbsns Valued Member

i sense serious denial of facts . what's wrong ? can't another guy win for once ? wait that happens all the time . very well , carry on .
    that's the address . whether you accept it or not . is there any possible way for you to accept it ? because if not , i don't see the point of this discussion .

4. Dean Winchester

Do those clubs have web sites?

Thing is the last I heard Iran had very little in the way of actual Bujinkan, just the odd club with tenuous links via home study courses and a couple of seminars.

Now it's possible that there has been an explosion of Bujinkan dojo over there but it's still very questionable without details.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  5. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Yeah, except I was talking about googling tojutsu and bikenjutsu.

So touchy!

You win if you want, but what is the game?

6. mindyourownbsns

again , it's possible .

7. mindyourownbsns

8. Dean Winchester

No hate.

You've just had a rough ride because there were inconsistencies in your story and the aspects you decided to rant about were off the mark.

Yes the Buj has quality issues even the Buj guys will say that.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

10. mindyourownbsns

well , that was my experience with ninjutsu ( whether it was bujinkan or not ) , and that was the reason why i tried to stay away from it .

in that case , i'm glad we understand .

11. Dean Winchester

Keep in mind though that quality control does not mean problems with the techniques themselves.

12. mindyourownbsns

no , it doesn't . but some of the techniques i saw in those dojos were really difficult to pull off ( you block the hand that's attacking you from above , bend the hand at the elbow , and then trip the guy ) . it took several seconds for those green belts to fully knock their partner down . if your opponent sees this coming , he'll probably be able to avoid it ( elbow joint is really difficult to bend if the arm is completely straight . you can try it if you don't believe me )

13. Hannibal

If your opponent sees ANY attack coming he will avoid it.

Take a green belt from any discipline and they will have stylistic holes you can drive a bus through...because they are green belts.

I have my own issues with a lot of Bujinkan stuff, as i am sure they have issues with JKD, but that is almost exclusively to do with methodolgy not the techniques themselves

14. Dean Winchester

Sorry I'm having difficulty picturing that, do you have a clip?

Keep in mind that not all waza are meant for or will be trained with a direct combative end result. Depending on what is being taught it might be simply teaching distancing, timing or kuzushi.

You also have to take into account cultural and contextual factors which may or may not translate to a modern SD scenario.

15. mindyourownbsns

16. Dean Winchester

Just a quick reply.

I'm not saying a lock will be to teach distance, just that not everything will be taught as having a direct application.

However saying that , simply because a sequence has a lock in it doesn't mean the lock is the point of the sequence.

You have a beginning, middle and end sometimes people look at the end and ignore what's before it.

17. Hannibal

At 2:09 that is a CACC Top Wristlock (or "Americana" in you are a BJJ/MMA follower) variation - it is common across many arts and not overly complicated to land. It takes some training like everything else, but I have seen far wors techniques from X-Kan members that i would take issue with before this one

Edit: Thanks Southpaw for pointing out my technique typo!

The problem is that because you cannot see yourself doing it you assume no-one can. Again lack of experience/ability is coloring your attitude.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  18. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I can do a kimura ;3

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Its actually my favorite and most successful sub. Very diverse, can hit from a lot of positions and use to set up quite a few other techniques, either subs or sweeps. The only reasonable complaint I can level at it is that its a bit too strength reliant.

20. Hannibal

Yup! But in fairness it IS a little trickier to iniate from a strike

You're not doing it properly :D