Ninjutsu or Krav Maga

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by TheDarkLord84, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Just stop...stop right now. You continue to post idiocy with no clue and then get butthurt when you are called out on your crap.

It's clear you have no concept of what you are talking about and even clearer you have no interest in actually learning anything either - so why are you here?

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Shouldn't that be just be stop it! Stop it!

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Don't make me come over there!!!

4. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Wow that's terrible, a situation like that, well it could drive a man to be forced into other avenues of financial gain ..... Such a selling fake badges :D

"Youve Cornered the market it used lawn mower engines Rodney, genius!"

5. Dean Winchester

LMAO!

Good one.

6. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Lol, it was certainly one way to get hatsumi sensei attention; walk I to hombu with a blatently obvious fake badge stuck on your gi !

You didn't need sakki to sense him thinking 'What is that fool doing?'

Fairly certain we had a crack down on abbreviated swearing not that long ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  7. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Robert Neville came to the same conclusion and how well did that work out for him...? :whistle:

8. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

OK, so the "could go to jail for" techniques weren't executed very well? So after telling us he used these "not for polite sparring" techniques,like GOUGING eyes and CHOPPING throat you've maybe explained why it wasn't over then.

In post 102 you stated "i have the whole thing on video , but my friend doesn't want his face on the internet ( he doesn't even have a facebook , thinks it's a way of information theft ) ."

So if his face is blurred what would be his problem? Everyone going to recognize him by how he throws his shots?

Gosh.A youngster with a whole year of training behind him speculating on how much damage I personally can take and that that would effect my judgement.Humorous. Gee,I'll own I've seen people take more punishment than I could. There,that's laid to rest.

But what I can or can't do myself has no bearing on this.I can't throw a baseball at 100 mph but other people do.By your logic I wouldn't believe that.

No,it evidently would go back to the opponent not fully executing his attacks. How 'bout those eye gouges,any scratched corneas or such?

So that's it? He could do nasty things which messed your buddy up but didn't have the heart to really do them full out to finish his opponent? Maybe not just faulty technique after all.Still,he messes your friend up so bad with X rated stuff he's falling over but then doesn't have the heart to do more to end it?That's still hard to buy.

Maybe not these days. Anyway, I thought you postulated a wooden sword was being used.

Sorry.JJ and Judo have much more in common in function than Kendo and Kenjutsu. They're both about using one's hands (and other parts) to do things to the opponents body and both utilize many of the same techniques.Kendo is about hitting a very few areas with a shinai.Kenjutsu is about employing a sharp pointy item in many different ways to do different things to unlimited targets on the opponent.Your analogy fails.

Judo is taught to law enforcement and military as much of it has real world application. Don't see too much use of Kendo worldwide in the military. Much more likely to see FMA,Silat,things like that. Things about single hand blade usage.If the bushi were still around and using their swords as in the past they wouldn't be studying Kendo to learn blade technique.

At least you don't have to concern yourself with zombies anymore!

:eek:Neville! Come out!:eek:

9. mindyourownbsns

mindyourownbsns Valued Member

yes , i do . but some moves in JJJ ( that are also existent in bujinkan , i think you already know which moves i mean ) aren't exactly the best possible option against a stronger opponent .

i'm not sure . those friends don't have any JJJ background . but most of them have witnessed it , and according to them , that's how they train . i've done business with those friends , and most of them are martial artists ( muay thai , escrima , taekwondo , karate , judo , etc. ) . so i know i can rely on them .

justifying some of your art's moves .

my poor reasoning ? alright , don't accept facts . go on in your life , believing you can apply a kotegaeshi or a nikkyo on someone who's throwing punches and kicks .

mats are still pretty cheap , i think . and the price of a ninja gi is almost the same as a judo gi . but in most other MAs i know of , when you buy the outfit , that's it . you don't have to buy any other equipment ( swords , staffs , throwing stars , etc. ) .

make that several lessons , in which the students were talking to each other half the time , and in the other half they trained the way a 9 year old white belt would . and it's not my fault if ninja blackbelts can't perform their own moves . i've never seen someone with fast enough legs to kick another guys legs twice while it's in the air ( and my friend has 11 years of TKD experience ) .
    as for youtube clips , i showed you one , and judging by some replies i received the guy WAS a bujinkan blackbelt . it seemed to me he's making his moves up ( in some cases ) , and his partner was pretty compliant . if you're trying to pick a martial art , and see this clip , what would you think ? be honest .

10. mindyourownbsns

it means people i've done business with , therefore trust their judgement .

some have been practicing for over 10 or 20 years , some have been practicing for a year or two . i think all of them have only practiced one specific art .

the arts my friends practice ? judo , muay thai , escrima , karate , taekwondo , and i think that's it .

i've been training in judo for about a year . my experience of ninjutsu , however , is watching several of their dojos , watching a friend spar with one of them , and watching youtube clips . but this is the only online forum i've been on .

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Fixed that for you.

To clarify, you are a martial artist with just one year of experience?

12. Dean Winchester

You can argue the same for Judo, some waza tend to fit certain builds better than others. That doesn't negate the art as a whole.

So again given your previous posts what do you see as the basic concepts behind Jujutsu and how do the differ to Judo? I'm not on about teaching methodology I'm in about the technical theory behind the waza.

So we don't even know what was witnessed? It could of been Sensei Bob's modern mix up jujitsu, rather than anything with any real connections to the arts.

When discussing traditional Japanese arts then you need to be specific, Jujutsu is just an umbrella term for certain skills. Different ryu-ha have different methods and teachings.

Some use only kata-geiko, some incorporate randori, some have connections to Judo Dojo, historically some will have been otome-ryu being incorporated into certain domain's training.

All of this creates a rather comprehensive cross section in training. Not only that but correct kata-geiko can be very useful, this is something you've yet to see, as indicated by your posts.

I don't have a desire to justify anything to that extent. You still haven't indicated that you know what I study or what "moves" I might train. Talk of "moves" makes you look naive to be honest.

Why on earth would I be using something like that in that situation?

Seriously.

Again you show a lack of understanding and then use that as a basis for your criticism.

See now you change the goal posts. Initially you make out that there was some sort of conspiracy to fleece people, now you make it about the equipment that is necessary.

And you wonder why I comment on your reasoning?

Do you know the price of a good BJJ gi? The cost of a Yumi for kyudo?
    How about an aluminum knife for Kali or JKD? Gloves? Head gear?

Most arts require extra costs for equipment for an initial outlay for gear. You moan about Ninjutsu lol have you tried Iaido? Iaito, hakama, obi, gi, bokuto, membership. Kyudo equipment is very pricey etc I could go on.

In the Buj for the first few years you can get by with a bokuto, bo and hanbo, wooden tanto. None of those will break the bank.

I wouldn't think much of anything from one clip. My points still stand, you are bending over backwards trying to justify your points but most of those points don't have much to back them up beyond very limited experience. Any points you have made that people agree with have been highlighted, it's the rest you are being pulled up on.

Also the quote you are responding to was in reply to your comments on the money aspect. Again my points stand.

Buj has faults yes nobody has disputed that, it has quality control problems, some members act like cult members and a lot of the training is compliant. Most of this links back to quality control and not much else.

People have already pointed out that that particular technique can be seen across multiple arts, did you not see those posts?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  13. mindyourownbsns

the " moves you could go to jail for " , means if you go to our police , and tell them a guy gouged your eyes , they'll send cops after him .
    also , a chop TO the throat is different from chopping the throat .
    and for the last time , my friend didn't give up , the ninja guy was happy to have a weakened opponent , therefore the fight went on .

i would greatly appreciate it if you could get him to understand that . he nearly got into a fight with his faculty's head professor , because he put a photo of him and his classmates on the faculty's main board of information , called " class of 2009 " ( i think it was 2009 , i had to convert the years ) .

that's because no one ever believes me when i say a man CAN stand up after a kick to the groin . but i've seen it happen .

i wasn't in his mind , i don't know what he was thinking . i don't know why he didn't finish my friend . i just know he didn't . maybe he had never been in a fight before , so he didn't know what a kick to the groin does to your opponent , and couldn't do anything else . maybe he was too arrogant . seriously , how should i know what he was thinking ?

i'm not talking about how they used to train samurai in ancient japan , i'm talking about how civilians are trained nowadays . most people have never killed another human being , and most of them never will . therefore , teaching a guy to look a guy in the eyes , and chop his head off with a sword he was supposedly carrying with himself in the street would be pretty much useless , because he will most likely not be able to do it .

ok , i didn't say they don't have anything in common . but judo doesn't have any strikes whereas JJJ has plenty . we don't train with weapons while JJJ guys apparently do . we don't have finger joint locks , but i think JJJ guys do . we're not so similar after all . also , some JJJ throws are non existent in judo ( that's what i've been told , i'm not sure about this )

isn't that what i said ? the judo techniques that work , are taught to military forces . as for the blade , i'll go with FMA . i heard Malaysian military let go of silat some time ago .

If the bushi were still around and using their swords as in the past they wouldn't be studying Kendo to learn blade technique.[/QUOTE]
    look , we're talking about real world application , not an imaginary scenario .

14. Dean Winchester

Real world? Hmm then why did you keep telling people to visit a Kendo Dojo?

Also why oh why moan about traditional arts being er traditional?

Again this is you getting mixed up and not being logical.

15. mindyourownbsns

yes . is that a problem ?

16. Dean Winchester

So when would you be applying kansetsu waza?

All this talk of things not working, let's explore it.

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Only when you're telling experienced martial artists what works and what doesn't.

There is a difference between asking and telling and as a discussion forum I would prefer to see a question that can be expanded on, rather than a blanket statement that then gets pages of aggressive answers debunking said statement.

18. mindyourownbsns

because the kendo class was before a ninjutsu class , i got there early !!!

i'm not moaning about them being traditional , i'm only saying some techniques were designed for different purposes . purposes that may not suit today's needs .
    what i can't understand is , why some people don't want to accept that ?

19. mindyourownbsns

of course you can , but keep in mind , judo is a sport . some moves are designed for the purpose of competition only .

that's also a possibility , i don't deny it . but the way i heard , those senseis were getting richer , so why should they close down the dojo ?

i understand , but for MY purposes ( and the purposes the original guy asked ) , those wouldn't be the best places to learn an art .

you wouldn't , if you want to win the fight at least .
    tell me , what move would you use in a situation like that ?

when you teach someone something , and get money for it , it's not robbery . but when you make blackbelt factories who can't perform half of their own moves , it IS robbery .
    it's not my fault if you don't understand that .

i think i do , yes . do you know that a good metal sword would cost almost twice as much as all of those , put together ( in my country , i'm not sure about any other place ) ?

that doesn't explain why bujinkan is expensive .

like i said , the sword itself would .

correction , most NINJA FANS agree with those so called " facts " .

if you say so .

first , i don't recognize THAT guy's existence . second , that doesn't mean the move is a good one ( ALL engineering fields have math courses , does that make them good at math ? no . talk to a computer engineers if you have doubts ) . third , i was talking about half of his other moves as well ( when he can't apply a move and pulls back on the gi , when he tried to trap the guy's elbow at 0:40 , when he suddenly lets go of his partner after he lost balance ) . and last but not least , no , i don't read every post , just the ones that seem to be more logical .

20. mindyourownbsns

i know several people who never did any kind of martial art , and could take on " martial arts experts " without much trouble . they grew up in bad neighborhoods , or dangerous places . i'm not saying i can do that because i most likely can't , i'm saying not one of those guys would perform such complicated moves . this was confirmed by a guy like that ( when he saw the move , he said " wow , the guy must have really thought about this move . just punch the guy in the face and then run like hell " )