Ninjutsu near me

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by emaaoz, Jul 23, 2010.

1. emaaoz

emaaoz Valued Member

I'm not a current practitioner, but I've done enough to know I have an interest in learning more. I'm firstly and foremostly a WMA guy, but I firmly believe that one of the best ways to improve is to cross-train. That way I get to see weaknesses in what I do that I may otherwise have missed.

Anyway, I live where Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex all join and figure that f I want ninjutsu training I can either go to Newbury/Basingstoke and train under Dave Giddings (under Marc Moor?), Croydon under Peter King, or Crawley under Alastair Gould (under Peter King).

I have trained under Peter King briefly and loved it, but it is a hell of a long way to go. I did hear rumours of something in Guildford but never managed to track it down.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

2. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

It doesn't get better than Peter

The guys you mention are all good and there's a more few good instructors eg John Gardner in that part of the world

Links on www.bujinkanbritain.org

Dunc

3. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Matt, I don't know the regional geography and dojo distribution well enough to help -- but I wish you the best of luck!!

4. antihero.zero

antihero.zero Valued Member

If you have ninjas near you, I suggest running to the nearest police station and hiding. Unless of course they're disinterested in you, in which case I'd recommend pretending you didn't notice their presence and casually strolling away. And whatever you do, NEVER feed them after midnight.

5. Ninjuries

Ninjuries The Man Who Genbukan Supporter

You know what? I gotta stop typing lulz.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  6. baldrick

baldrick Valued Member

Hi emaaoz,

I'm with Dunc on this one.

I train with Peter on Monday's (when were you there, we might have met) and can also recommend Alistair's class if that is close to you.

Dave Giddings should be OK (don't think I've meet him yet).

Dave Heald used to do the Guildford one, but i think he has gone off and is doing his own thing(?)

Regards,

Dave.

www.bujinkansevenoaksdojo.org

7. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

I'd got with Alistair or Peter if you have the chance, the quality of these two out weighs the others

8. emaaoz

emaaoz Valued Member

Does Peter King train any other nights? Monday I have my own club in Guildford...

@baldrick, it was about four years ago, I was only there for a month or two, not really long enough to make an impression and certainly not long enough to pick up much more than a general impression of how it feels. I'll have been the spiky haired guy trying very hard not to fall back on my Shotokan ways.

Alastair is probably too far for me. I'm about 20 minutes south of Guildford, at least an hour to Croydon or Basingstoke, nearer two to Eastbourne.

I suspect I'll have to get the bike back on the road.

9. emaaoz

emaaoz Valued Member

Of course there is always the possibility of private tuition.

Does anyone know if anyone in the area offers it?

Just as long as I don't have to train on an island in a lake at night...

10. Ace of Clubs

Ace of Clubs Banned Banned

Sorry, training on an island in a lake at night is mandatory.

11. baldrick

baldrick Valued Member

Hello Emaaoz

I probably saw you at Pete's then, no doubt I was getting thrown around! :)

Peter only does Monday nights.

I think Julian still has a class in Eastbourne if that is nearer to you. if you like, I can ask him to get in touch with you and confirm if his class is still going.

Regards.

12. N1N

N1N Valued Member

Sorry to hijack your thread, but it seemed silly to create a new thread to ask the same question. Long story short, im from croydon, but am currently at uni down in portsmouth. Does anyone know of any dojo down this way, or near to portsmouth?

13. bioshock

bioshock Banned Banned

i'm travelling uk next month and was wondering if there was a dojo near Lees, Derbyshire?