Ninja Senshi Ryu lulwut!?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Ace of Clubs, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

Out of the woodwork they come! I watched a shodan test video on youtube. I hope the 'real' test was different than what I saw on that video. Although, I must admit I couldn't watch all 20 minutes. So maybe it got really interesting after the 5 minute mark.

2. whatsinaname

whatsinaname Banned Banned

youtube only allows 10min videos and we're not about to upload 9 or 10 videos. Cannot fit it all in

3. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

cool. I'll see you in Feb

4. Alvin Tolentino

Alvin Tolentino Valued Member

Bahahaha! I see NSR students are so willing to talk trash about me and take my stuff out of context or criticize my rank but not once have they taken the time to verify Kaylan's training history on this thread. Why would anyone want to call Kaylan on the phone? If he's willing to fudge something on the web, he'll probably say something like that over the phone. It just doesn't make sense.

I imagine people who edit videos for their website would put their best stuff up so if that's their best stuff, well hey, it's a free country I'm allowed to comment on it.

As for the training session, people do make some mistakes in training - erm, that's why it's called training. The way I instruct is that I show different ways of doing something like, "hey, if you do it this way, you can get cut, like this..." You can take anything out of context. I don't remember a lot of it so if I can't anything could be misconstrued.

I found it odd though that I was asked how I usually test for black belt and wow, only a little while later, most of that method is being show on youtube with some extras. Only that they now call it ninjutsu black belt test rather than gyokko ryu sanshin no kata and torite kihon. Love it...

I'm kind of confused about the comment about students not turning up to the dojo because of this thread. In fact Wed I had one ex-NSR student who has been in for about 4 lessons and a new ex-NSR student who ditched work to come in.

If I've gotten other things wrong, well I've stood corrected on this forum before, I'm happy to stand corrected again.

One thing though. Why aren't you just clear about Kaylan's martial arts history? Who he trained with, rank he was given and how he maintains his training? I mean, they're not hard questions... You weren't even clear about his MAIA instructor's accreditation or is that, MAIA membership only? There's a big difference...

I don't mention stuff like this in the dojo because frankly, it's not that important... Hey the good news though is that this thread got you one more person to go to the NSR dojo - Nick M! So it's not exactly harming the "business" now is it?

And for the record, I didn't criticise the fact that they helped someone who was getting mugged. I actually think that's pretty commendable. Nor did I say - don't go over there. I said, if you are thinking of training anywhere, take the time to verify the instructor's credentials and see what the training is like for yourself.

5. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

So can one of you Ninja Senshi Guys please confirm for me exactly how many years of training this Kaylan guy had in budo taijutsu before he split?

6. Alvin Tolentino

Alvin Tolentino Valued Member

I usually show a henka of musha dori where you can break fall forward. It's hard to get the timing right when demonstrating if you take into consideration that I'm trying not to injure the uke, talk at the same time and throw a knife in front for the uke to have something to fall onto.

Or I could have tripped. I'm not claiming to be perfect or that I was having a good night. Eevryone has a bad night now and again.

7. newblack

newblack エピクフェイル

Having trained recently with Alvin, I find none of the above post to be very likely. It sounds more like someone trying to protect their business model but throwing up smoke.

8. TheWolf

TheWolf Dreamer of Dreams

And you flew through the trees in the shadows shooting out throwing stars like in the movie Ninja Assassin. ;)

9. Manga

Manga Moved On

Walkathon22 said - "Unless requested by the countless japanese film crews that keep coming over to film us. For some reason they insist we wear hoods like ninjas in the movies....lol."

See, if this had been me I would have listened to their requests, thanked them for their interest and declined to take any further part on account of having a responsibility not to cheapen and degrade my art.

But hey, that's just me and I'm just sayin'.

10. fearless

fearless Valued Member

personal attack removed. IMO they have video they should post it on youtube....NSR never asked for any of this. i will say it again Alvin did you start this whole accreditation thing out of jealousy? if not why did you bring it up? i personally would have used the media coverage to promote bujinkan and not start a childish finger pointing attitude. i'll say it again Alvin you just come across jealous in my eyes. but please can you post a video of some resent taijutsu as i do really want to learn it and i want to see what you have to offer compared to NSR, i just wanna learn from the best instructor i can

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010
  11. walkathon22

walkathon22 Banned Banned

lol, that wasn't the context. (you want to teach someone how to do the technique wrong? Lul wut!?) You weren’t training you were DEMONSTRATING, SLOWLY and you stuffed up royally every single tech you showed.
    Sure, even a "nervous" 5th dan can stuff up once or twice, but EVERY time?
    Were we THAT intimidating that we made you nervous? lol

Grow a backbone mate, you've been talking trash about us since page5. but can't handle it when actual first hand stories of YOUR poor techniques are told.

In 2 different posts you voiced your opinion on what you considered Alex's level to be at , first you said 5th kyu then it became 7th kyu.(which one is it?) Yet on the Joint Training Night, you told your offsider how "impressed" you were with Kaylans students..... And on that night you knew perfectly what kyu Alex was at and you had no problem then.

And if you consider Alex’s level akin to that of a 5th or 7th kyu then what does it say about your own 5th and 7thkyus? Your 7th and 5th kyus on the night of the Joint Training had no idea what ichimonji was or what the Sanshin was! Even Kaylan 9th kyus had a grasp of them.

Wasn’t really going to comment on the Ex student out of respect for him (but since you brought him up), we both know why he is an EX student of NSR and it has nothing to do with him wanting to leave us, he was kicked out. He chose you as a last resort and even then your offsider didn’t want to take him on either. The other Ex student hasn’t trained with us in over 18months because the distance was too far for him. Lol, you are considered a last resort! How does that make you feel? Lol.

You don’t have the backbone to call anyway. The offer has been there for awhile but you constantly decline. Even when your offsider is standing next to you talking to Kaylan , Kaylan has asked him to hand you the phone, but you refuse to take the phone.If your not going to believe kaylan then why do you keep asking for something you won’t even believe? Lol

Only one person on this board (you know who you are) has had the decency to speak to Kaylan about his history. And kaylan thanked him for his mature and decent impartial stance and told him enough to satisfy his questions. But why does Kaylan need to prove anything to you Alvin (just a lowly 5thdan)? Who died and made you king of accreditation. I dare say if you ever did grow a back bone and call, Kaylan would tell you that it’s none of your business and in this respect he would be right.

And Kaylan is not just a member of MAIA he is fully accredited by them.

You are a nobody Alvin, we know from a few VERY reliable sources how jealous that makes you. Google Kaylan’s name and there are hundreds of pages. Google Alvins and you get zero.

12. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

So how long did Kaylan train in the Bujinkan for before leaving?

Any chance of an answer on this please?

13. Manga

Manga Moved On

14. Dean Winchester

And here you are bitching about people bitching lol

You seem awfully worked up for someone who claims to have no connection to NSR.

Yep you are correct they are free to post videos. However everyone else is also free to comment on those videos and if NSR didn’t want that then they should of kept themselves out of the public eye.

To be honest what I’ve seen is pretty dam shocking, that shodan test was bloody awful and before anyone jumps on me I’m not a X-kan member and don’t train in any related arts, so I've got no political reasons for saying I think what I saw sucked.

I don’t think you get it to be honest.

You go on about wanting the best instructor but seem to miss the point that when the members here raise questions about NSR they are questioning the quality of instruction.

As someone mentioned before if you go to a plumber, mechanic or especially a Dr you want someone who has the relevant experience and qualifications.

Why?

Well because in the case of a Dr you are putting your health in their hands.

Why would you want some clueless person who hasn’t actually got the proper understanding of what they are claiming to deliver?

The same goes for a martial arts instructor.

If it’s for self defence you want someone with the proper background and ability.

If it’s for a traditional system with historic roots again you want someone who has actually studied such a system for the considerable length of time so that they fully, or as close as, understand what they have studied so that it can be passed on to you in the correct way.

All people are doing is questioning that because the instructor’s history, website (when the thread started) makes some of us raise our eyebrows.

Now surely if you want good instruction you’ll listen to those in the know
    yes?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  15. Dean Winchester

Oh and NSR members you won’t win any points by coming in all guns blazing and attacking those who are questioning your school.

You'd be better off just calmly and coherently counter any points you feel are wrong and answering any questions asked.

It’s not hard really.

16. Dean Winchester

Could one of the NSR people please tell us what exactly was being taught/shown here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyYsAto3Xaw"]YouTube - Armour Training[/ame]

17. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

[​IMG]

Keep it polite please. Calling each other bitches does not fall under the description "constructive criticism".

18. Dean Winchester

For reference this is the test I was on about in my previous post:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nEqJ1svTi0"]YouTube - Ninja Senshi Ryu Shodan Test - Pt.1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBedrTZs56w"]YouTube - Ninja Senshi Ryu Shodan Test - Pt.2[/ame]

Oh btw the "muto dori" in pt2 was interesting....... NSR guys and gals might want to check out the thread in this forum for a good discussion on it.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95656

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  19. Dean Winchester

I’ve only quickly skimmed this and so have no doubt missed stuff and I'm not going to go off on one about swords........but can some of the NSR guys explain why at the start of this clip uke is cutting from out of range?

If you look the cut finishes in front of tori, tori has no need to move really. Why cut when you can't hit the guy?

Also can you explain why tori seems to be moving so early? Too early imo it's giving uke too much time to adjust and cut assuming uke was at the correct distance.

Any reason for this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptU81wiTVQk"]YouTube - Traditional Weapons[/ame]

20. Dean Winchester

Also on this page:

http://www.ninjasenshiryu.com/lesson.html

There seems to be the impression, from one of the pics, that you do firearms defence?

What are you instructor’s qualifications in this area?

Just out of interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.