Ninja and ninjitsu practitioner

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Shortfuse, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

what is the differance between a ninja and ninjitsu practioner? or is a ninjitsu student a ninja because i heard there arent that many real ninjas out there anymore

2. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

Oh no not this again. I'll wait for Kurohana or Silentnightfall to help but mainly it depends on what you think a ninja is.

3. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

when isay ninja i mean the genral conception, the stereotype

4. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

Well I guess that means there is quite a diff. I'm not sure many if any ninjutsu students go out and murder heads of state or anything. I guess that would be the gerenal conception of a ninja but not what ninja really are. This is covered in a LOT of other threads tho i think you should check around the board.

5. Adam

Adam New Member

6. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

i kno its cuz of that real ultimate power kid- and what ninjitsu was, what it is and what people think it is

7. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

there you go that thread is about the exact same

8. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

9. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

arggh stop starting these threads, read the ones that are already there

10. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

11. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

And just for the new members who don't know much about the art... It is typically spelled "Ninjutsu." If you see it spelled "Ninjitsu," chances are that you are dealing with a modern system with no real historical lineage or links to true Ninjutsu. Just thought it was worth pointing out since most people do end up pronouncing the art "Ninjitsu."

12. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Ninjutsu practioner = someone who studies ninjutsu. Simple. If you study ANY of the schools of ninjutsu, you can claim to be a ninjutsu practioner.

Ninja = "someone who practices ninjutsu. Someone who strives to live life with a pure heart. NOT an assassin or thug or someone who dresses up in a black gi and carries swords thru the neighborhood at 2 AM. Not someone who claims to walk thru walls or knows 247 ways to kill a person.
    Do you practice ninjutsu? Do you find yourself standing in hicho no kamae while waiting in line? Do you find yourself subconsciously practicing "Mall no kamae"? (If you don't know what I am talking about, you may not be a real ninja. One day you will figure it out and the light will come on ). Do you practice and kind and loving heart? Does your ukemi show thru when you don't try, like slipping on ice or being pushed around in a crowded subway terminal?
    I have a piece of calligraphy that Soke gave me about 12 years ago, that says pure of heart. Was he saying or implying that I have a pure heart? No, what he was saying to me is that I should strive, above all other things, to have and live with a pure heart. That is what seperates the ninja from the SAS, Special Forces, SEALS, GSG-9, Mossad, Delta Force guys. It's not just what we practice, but how we live our lives outside of the dojo."

If you study ninjutsu and strive to live your life with a pure heart, in harmony with man and nature, if you put family and community above yourself, if you remain true to yourself and others, with an open and loving heart and open mind, then you can call yourself a Ninja.

13. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

My name is Ice Queen and not only am I a ninja, I am the strongest their is, I am a female ninja. I am a kunoichi.

:woo:

14. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

thats a pretty a big thing say

15. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

I also think that training has to be outside of the dojo aswell as in. I believe keeping your body in peak condition plays a big part..