New Ashida Kim Interview

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Orangeseger, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Orangeseger

Orangeseger YouTube =/= Training

Okay, it's not *that* new, but I only recently found out about Mr. Kim's third interview about some "Black Belt Council."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jXN3ZaVhSw]Ashida #3[/ame]

I was considering e-mailing Mr. Kim...has anyone else done it an gotten a response???

2. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Probably only a listing on his S""" List if you criticise him.

3. Orangeseger

I probably won't because I'd rather not let him have my e-mail address. (If he finds me, who will lead the revolution?)

4. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

He can have my e-mail address. My dad's a computer Forensics expert for the police, he can bring his lil "s***-list" :p. Besides that i have a million emails, and really enjoy being banned from commenting on certain peoples videos.

5. Motz

Motz Valued Member

The usual stuff regarding all things Koga ryu applies, but I was impressed with the copyright notice at the end. It had an obvious undertone of marketting, but in its essential form it impressed me. :)

Less complimentarily, the idea that criticism is immature and that MAists are of a higher level of understanding in all things does seem somewhat incompatible with his maintaining of the S List. :rolleyes:

6. Orangeseger

Maybe he has a split personality thing going on and he alternates between that of an aging LARPer and a teenager on MySpace.

7. Humanpunchbag

Humanpunchbag Valued Member

I wonder if he knows how ridiculous he sounds...

So rather than intelligently defend himself or attempt to prove his knowledge. He utilizes the media to make an analogy created by a television writer. Than he goes on to restate the infamous water thing that was used by BL, that was used by Musashi hundreds of years ago. I wonder what kind of people are ignorant enough to attend his seminars. I wish someone would come along and issue him a real challenge. Bullshido, and nearly everyone else rips this guy a new one, and all he can do is call them jealous...the only reason he's known is because he's such a fraud.

8. Orangeseger

Or maybe his Ninja powers are so highly developed he only *looks* like an idiot...

9. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE HIM.

HE* IS *AN IDIOT!!!!

Regards koyo

10. Humanpunchbag

Humanpunchbag Valued Member

A good idea that will never work

I think it would be awesome to expose this guy as a fraud once and for all. The best way would be to make him an offer he couldn't refuse. He backed out of the bullshido challenge because the guy was a "250lbs steroid monster", he also said he was too old. So I say get strikeforce, king of the cage, or even the UFC to use this as an undercard. There are plenty of actual 50 year old MAists, who are in Kim's weight class, who would be able to mop the floor with him. I've seen his poorly choreographed fight against the kickboxer, and it looks like WWE on crack. I don't expect every self proclaimed MA master to prove themselves, I just think Ashida kim deserves a beating. Kathy Long is his size and his age, and I guarantee she would woop him, that gives kim every advantage, gender, height, size...every perceivable advantage except size. His Kata Dante looks like a pathetic rendition of the cha cha. I can't stand him or his students, they live in pure fantasy, they belong in fantasy conventions, not MA studios.

The UFC probably wont want to tarnish its rep...come to think of it, no self respecting combat organization would give this clown the time of day. I just hope one day someone gives him what he deserves.

11. Orangeseger

Well I can't say that gender would be an "advantage," in fact him fighting a woman might be a dissadvantage, because it would be the first time in 30 years that he would get to touch a woman, he'd be distracted.

(Hoping this doesn't turn into Man vs Woman)

12. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

"Never fight an idiot, he'll drag you to his level then beat you with experience.."

Seger, I hope you realise I just lost my drink reading that!

13. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Damn, my comment got deleted. I even stuck to the "I don't like Ashida Kim because....." format. There is another user on Youtube i am banned from Commenting on :D

14. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRUGV4DAd3k&mode=related&search="]YouTube[/ame]

LOL.

15. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Dim MAK! That video cracks me up. :D

Seriously though, was it just me or was someone playing Turrican on their Amiga in the background throughout the clip? :D

Attached Files:

16. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Hmm, someone should make a response to that video where the comments AREN'T deleted... ;)

17. Orangeseger

What, you thought I was serious? That was sarcasm.

18. Satsui_No_Hadou

Satsui_No_Hadou Ultra Valued Member

I commented on that video stating 2 points:

1. Even if the video is real and he is able to put his hand in a no4 steel trap (used for trapping small game and breaking pencils on half) all it proves its hand conditioning, not knowlege and skill in maniplulating pressure points.

2. Ninja's did not invent Dim Mak, the phrase isn't even Japanese, yet he refers to it as the ninja death touch. He also refers to the test bloodsport as if it is a reliable account of real martial art tradition!

He deleted the comment.