need help going down a couple of weight classes

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by flippedout6, Nov 7, 2003.

1. flippedout6

flippedout6 New Member

hi im new to boxing

boxed for more than a month now and somehow i need to lose weight so that i can fight people in a lower class

right now im in light heavy weight class and i want to drop to middle wieght

i am 5' 8" and weight 184

i know that sounds heavy but i have a short and stocky build

i did track and lift lots of weights last year so does the muscle mass just weight a lot more than fat

and the problem is no matter what i do i cant shedd the pounds off

my friend is taller and looks a bit huskier than me but weights a lot less why is that ?

so are there any remedies aside from road work - fasting / and wearing more clothing to sweat more

2. zun

zun New Member

You're boxing for one month and already you're fighting???

Best way to lose weight - get the flu. Those kg's/pounds just drop off. :)

Sorry dude. Only sure way to lose fat/weight is the hard way.

Otherwise you'll pay for it in the ring. I've watched guys sweat it in the sauna, only drink coffee, etc - get knocked out in the ring.

When's your fight?

3. flippedout6

flippedout6 New Member

my fights gonna be on the 16th of nov.

against a really tall person who wieghts the same as me - but because he's taller his punches in close distance are not as fast as mine since im short than him and he has less muscle because of his hight

i find it hard to knock down someone who is a lot taller than me - being that i always have to stretch more in order to hit thier head

but i figured i planned this out and give him lots of body blows until his jaw finally drops or do u have a better sugestion

any would help

4. zun

zun New Member

Go for his kidneys. It'll hurt like hell after a whle and he won't be able to bend over.

When he pulls his guard down, use hooks for his jaw. It will stun him. If you want to knock out quickly - go for the temple.

Try and stay inside - and don't clinch and let him clinch.

Oh, and make sure you are fit and well stocked up for energy.

Combo! Combo! Combo! Did I say combo? Well, combo.

Make sure you can REALLY bob and weave. He has longer reach - so you must be able to weave against this.

Good luck.

5. iron_mick

iron_mick New Member

be in shape and just give him constant pressure. head movement would be very important so you could get inside where you deal lots of damage =)

zun is correct on saying the only way to lose weight is by doing it the hard way. there wouldnt be any shortcuts =) goodluck on your fight!

6. flippedout6

flippedout6 New Member

thanks guys hahaha looks like i have to keep doing what i've been doing for the past month

anyway i just bought my secret weapon yesterday in sears hopefully it works

5 pound wrist and ankle weights - my friend in kempo told me it helps him prepare for a fight so i did the same

any idea if its ok though cause im not so sure about it ?

7. flippedout6

flippedout6 New Member

HA hahaha - i ended up losing about 7 pounds so i was good to go for the match

about the match

the first round i messed up cause i kept getting hit in the head a couple of times

but by the second round i hit his body with a power straight right
    and from then on he got soft and i finished the fight with a right hook to his jaw

after that hook it was over - very clean shot too

8. Cyph

Cyph Banned Banned

nice, congratulations!

9. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Congratulations!

What did you learn?

10. flippedout6

flippedout6 New Member

hahaha well if you really want to know
    i learned that there is a god

kidding - reach isnt as fearsome as i thought it was and if i come across other taller opponents i'll take them on too

11. Nakthai

Nakthai New Member

you can buy, or get prescribed i should say tablets, i think they're called Zenecol. They'll make any fat you eat go straight through you. And they'll make sure any last inches of fat on you...aren't.

12. zun

zun New Member

Well done!