National Capital Open - Herndon, Virginia

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Cait, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

so i spent today at the NCO...

this is the third year i've been. it's a state-qualifying tourney, so it's always packed, and today was no exception - even after our nor'easter yesterday. and for as large as it always is, it's rather well run. Grandmaster HK Lee has been around long enough, and been hosting this long enough, that he does it right. there were schools from north carolina, virginia, maryland, & pennsylvania there today.. and even a few gm's visiting from san francisco.

sadly tho, even for as many people as there are always there, my division is always tiny. where are all the women??? it tends to get frustrating going to such a huge tourney just to have 1 or 2 others in my div. :cry:

but still, a good experience, and i'm glad i went. oh, ran 2nd in forms, 3rd in sparring... which sounds good until you find out that it was out of 2 & 3 :eek: oh well. it's about the experience, right? :p

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Congratulations Cait! I do know how you feel. I was the only one in my age/rank category at our last tournament. :D One of our owners, she is 40 years old, no longer competes because she winds up having to compete against her 18yr old daughter! Something she refuses to do! But yes, it is all about the experience, making contacts, and learning more about tournaments. Any pics???? ;)

3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

experience? yes, always. try to think about your mistakes or the good things your opponents did and anaylise them a bit.