Nachi's Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Nachi, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Saturday 28.11.2020

Bike ride
    I had a birthday today. Turning 30. Soooo saaaad D:
    Since we can't meet people anyway, I celebrated by a bike ride with Sett and my dad. We rode to several ponds to see some nice birds, too, and had a lunch on the go. The weather was quite ok, the typical November weather, I'd say. Cloudy, wet and cold :D Temperature was somewhere between 0°-3°C, so not freezing, but....
    I also had my first fall in years. My dad decded we need to try a wooden path across a meadow. I rode first. everything was nice and good until my dad called to turn left, which meand going down fro the wooden "pavement" in a spot where there were some rocks and a descent of mayb 30 cm. I was already there when my dad called and I tried turning nearly on the spot. I saw it was a bad idea and I wouldn't make it, likely slide done on my bike, catching the rock and falling down. So I stopped abruptly. Hit my groin on the bike (I have a unisex bike with a rather short and quite a tall frame. Getting on and off the bike isn't so easy as there isn't much space and the frame is higher than I'd like. And when I was already off the saddle, with my gron hit I saw I am already too close to the descent and the bike would slide, or rather fall by this point, down, anyway. And I would no doubt go with it. There was just nothing I could do about it :D So although I wasn't moving anymore, I just went sideways and off the small slope right in the mud :D The fall was slow and ok, into the soft much, but as I was falling to the side, I fell on my elbow and the impact hurt my shoulder. It felt numb and like I pulled several things in there. I was going to lie down and not move until I felt like I could actually move my shoulder, but y dad lifted me up. I had to just rest it for a few minutes, while Sett put up the chain that fell off the gears, too. Riding them was a bit uncomfortable, feeling still and bit numb and all the things I pulled, but when we got home it already felt much better (I fell maybe 12 km into the ride).

Prague ponds
    Time: 3:29 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 50,01 km
    Average speed: 14,7 km/h
    Ascent: 245 m
    Descent: 265 m
    Max speed: 38 km/h
    Max HR: 166
    Average HR: 136
    Training benefit: Steady State training+
    Kcal: 1690
    Fat burn: 43%
    Training load: Extreme, recovery: 3d 7h

Food Log:
    - Waffles and yogurt, tea
    - Greek yoghurt - chocolate
    - Leek cream soup and wholemeal bread on the go (finally made use of the leeks I grew this year!)
    - Biscuit on the go
    -Various cheeses, bacon and canapés(?) with nearly a bottle of wine drank with Sett, my dad and my mum. My mum only had a little, therefore it was nearly a bottle for the rest of us, each.
    Intake of roughly 2208 kcal, 3808 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -1600, next morning weight: 74,7 kg

Morik, axelb and Travess like this.
  2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Happy birthday @Nachi

It's been a weird year for celebrating, sounds like an eventful day, hope you heal up soon.

3. Nachi

Thank you, axelb! :) That is true. Luckily, I am not that much into big parties and I am too lazy to organize something like that, so I didn't mind celebrating small, just with the family :)

Morik and axelb like this.
  4. Nachi

Sunday 29.11.

We went for a lunch to Sett's parents. I could feel yesterday's wine a little and we both didn't want to drink anymore, deciding to only drink up to one bottle between all of us. With Sett's mom not drinking, at most tasting, and Sett, who decided to drive since he didn't plan on drinking anyway, that would be max 2 glasses for me. And I didn't even like that. Well, my plans were smashed as Sett's dad was prepared as usual. I ended up drinking a bit over a bottle of wine again, before I decided to say a strict no. Luckily, with the food and everything, I wasn't drunk and any notion that I was drinking was gone by the evening. Phew. I don't want ot see wine anytime soon.
    On Sunday I ate a lot and have only done a short walk as for activities....

Monday 30.11:

Online Taiji
    Working mostly on the 6th form with the group who just started learning the 7th. We didn't get that far, though, as tehre was a lot to practise with the 6th. I got a correction that I should always look to the front here and when I started focusing on that, I realized that that is definitely not what I was doing, but it is something that skips mym mind often.

Online Taiji - instructors
    We mostly talked with only showing osme of our forms briefly so that we could get corrections. The teacher was asked and then talked about the 8 trigrams and 8 forces used in Taiji. It was interesting.

The numbers of new Covid cases are finally getting lower and the government, which is under pressure, decided to release some restrictions starting on Thursday. The shops will open, more kids will be able to go to school and recreational sports and gyms will be opened. With restrictions on people, though. Meaning we can only work in groups of 10 and no matter the sport, wear masks. I was thinking I could visit crossfit after a while since everyone should be starting after a break, but... the thought of masks makes me second guess that decision. I am not sure about karate, yet, but in-person Taiji classes will start next week. There will be a mix of in-person and online classes to fit everyone's needs and preferences. There was supposedly a positive feedback from people about the online classes and the teacher enjoyed them, as well.

For these past few days my diet went out the window. But I will try to get back on track. My weight was 74,7 kg today.

Morik likes this.
  5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Hang on! I missed Nachi's birthday?! MAP missed Nachi's birthday?

Belated happy birthday to one of the people who personifies MAP! If anyone on the forum wants a role model then Nachi is the one to follow.

If you can follow her training and enthusiasm you'll be doing well :)

Nachi and Travess like this.
  6. Nachi

Thanks a lot, Mitch!
    Writing the log is something nice to keep track, sort of a diary and to keep myself motivated, too! :)

Morik and Mitch like this.
  7. Nachi

Tuesday

Missed the training. I went to a dentist and didn't finish my work on time then. Sensei called during the day, so the trainings were taught by Sett, with me unable to help. :(

Wednesday 2.12.

Online Taiji
    My group today, we were repeating the forms till now, especially the 14th and 15th, worked more on the 16th - Azure dragon emerges from water. I do understand it much better now. We did not add any more movements and the teacher was mentioning moving to the next form soon, which has me thinking maybe we already learned it whole?
    Starting next week, we will have in-person classes mixed with the online ones and with Sunday online talks about interesting stuff, which the teacher came up with three weeks ago and seems to enjoy.

Polar results:
    Time: 0:52
    Max HR: 133
    Average HR: 111
    Training benefit: Basic training
    Kcal: 325
    Fat burn: 45%

A week or two ago, Sett and I thought about creating a motivation group for our Karate organization in some fitness app. We first asked our senseis. While our sensei did not respond, the other really liked the idea and regretted not knowing about such possibilities earlier, so that he could keep an eye on his dojo's kids activities. After some trying, we realized Strava was too focused on only running, cycling and swimming, not any other workouts etc., so we are now trying out Garmin, which can also create groups and is for a variety of sports, can do challenges for the group etc.
    The downside is one needs to have the Garmin watch or something, or upload the trainings manually. Since I use Polar, I am uploading the trainings manually for now, but I do like Garmin's system of challenges and collecting points and badges.
    Since sensei, Sett etc. have been using it for years now, they are far ahead of me and I couldn't help but accept the Garmin's cycling challenge for 250 km in December. I obviously showed Sett if he's in, but he thinks that is unrealistic, since it is getting dark early and therefore we can only go for a ride in the weekends, etc. He's so pessimistic! If he's not accepting, though, he's probably not going to like the routes I am going to come up with :D :D :D
    I just hope the weather allowes it. Today, we woke up to snow everyhwere and though it should get much warmer this weekend, strong winds are expected as well... I am not giving up, yet, though! :)

Morik likes this.
  8. Nachi

Thursday - There was no karate training today
    Friday - Was thinking about at least going for a walk, but didn't manage it before it got dark.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Saturday 5.12.

Morning weight: 74,1 kg.

Yesterday, Sett told me he couldn't stop thinking about the 250 km on a bike challenge and in the end, he decided to go for it, too :D Therefore he wasn't against doing a short ride today before tommorrow's longer trip. We only rode for 20 km as I wanted to go check the birds at a part of the river where there is a traditional wintering spot for several species. There weren't many, yet, but we did see some. The weather today was very warm and even sunny. Tommorrow should be even warmer, but windy, so we need to work on our challenge in case the weather will be much worse in the next weeks!

Also we are planning to go to Setts parents' cottage at the end of the year, as Sett has a tradition with a few of his friends. I will be going straight for Talavan - taiji seminar from there and was thinking I could make the trip by train and bike. I said it was a pity Sett wouldn't be able to take his bike there, too, when he realised his dad has a carrier for bikes! Then, I thought we'd only have time before everyone arrives, when we'll only be there with one other friend, and it wouldn't be nice if we left him alone there while going on a trip. After I asked Sett figured out there is an old bike of his at the cottage, so the friend could actually join us :) We asked him and he was all up for it. Hehehe, so many nice trip ahead!

Trója, Stromovka
    Time: 1:16 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 21 km
    Average speed: 16,6 km/h
    Ascent: 70 m
    Descent: 80 m
    Max speed: 47,3 km/h
    Max HR: 164
    Average HR: 135
    Kcal: 634
    Fat burn: 34%
    Training load: Demanding, recovery: 15 h

When we returnes, we wanted to stop by some restaurant and get something for lunch to bring with us. Several restaurants seemed to be close, when we stumbled upon a small, well, more like a stall selling Armenian food and was open. We went in and since it wasn't far from our home and not on a very frequented place, I suppose the man was happy to have some customers. He said he had to start the grill to prepare the food for us, so we rode home first and returned in 20 mins for the food. The man was telling us about how they are expanding their menu and they are going to start selling burgerst and dessert etc. starting next week. He also gave us a small salad from grilled veggies to have a taste, obviously hoping to make us come back. I think we will :)

Just after lunch there was:

Morio Higaonna sensei's live Zoom lecture streaming from Okinawa!
    Sett and I attended, maybe as the only ones from the Czech Republic, not sure. As expected, we didn't practice, only watched the demonstrations and Higaonna sensei's explanation of Sanchin kata, some conditioning and katas in general. I took notes all the while. It only lasted around 45 min. No wonder, the lecture was set at a time the whole world could attand, including sensie Nakamura in Canada, who was translating, so the lecture started at 10 pm Okinawa time. Many things I have heard before, but obviously, there is no hurt in repeating, but some I heard for the first time ever, some things reminding me of Taiji. About how the breath and energy circles and some very interesting facts about vital point I would like to look up as I had no idea...

After the lecture, Sett went running as a part of another challenge, while I finally found the opportunity to plant around 50 garlics in our garden bed. Finally ready for next year's season! Then I baked a cake and we only planned tommorrow's trip. It was quite a busy day.

9. Nachi

Sunday 6.12.

The weather was pretty nice just as the forecast promised. Up to 12°C, so I was fairly hot in all the layers I put on :D At times, there was quite a strong wind, but only at a few places. We therefore went for a longer bike ride. Sett asked his dad and I asked mine if they wanted to join. Sett's dad thought of a trip of 35 km, which was ok, but considering we live 15 km away and would therefore have to ride for 30 km more.... Sett asked if we could shorten it to about 20 km. That was the plan. On the way, since the start was all by the river, no hills and only nice roads, we then decided (with my nudging, ehm) that we'd go for the original plan. I didn't share much of that plan with my dad... There was a nasty hill ascending nearly 200 m in one go, but then it was ok. On the way back, we stopped by Sett's parents house for a late lunch, which was very nice. We didn't stay long as thre still was a bit of a distance to cover for us.
    Today, riding was nice and easier than last weekend for me, so we rode a bit faster. Even the final hill home felt easier and I rode up faster than ever. So I felt great. We also stopped by a car wash to wash our bikes since they were severly muddy since last weekend. All together, the trip was 70 km long. Sett and my dad said it was probably their biking record as they didn't remmeber a trip that long. Well, when I was around 16 I rode 111 km with my friends, so... I still have a long way to go to break my record. But other than that, I am not sure if I did any over 70 km rides. And if I did, there weren't many at all. And certainly not in December :D When we returned home, Sett was happy we covered 70 km, but said meaningfully that he hopes wo won't cover as much for some time now. Meh, one would think he¨d be more optimistic about these distances, now :p

South of Prague, Březová (many records on my new bike here)
    Time: 4:01 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 70 km
    Average speed: 17,5 km/h
    Ascent: 350 m
    Descent: 355 m
    Max speed: 45,2 km/h
    Max HR: 170
    Average HR: 144
    Training benefit: Tempo training+
    Kcal: 2220
    Fat burn: 40%
    Training load: Extreme, recovery: 7d 21h

This was supposed to start at 7 pm today instead of tommorrow. The teacher forgot, though, so we started half an hour later (I kind of suppose it could have been due to the urgings of the main instructor :) ). We did practice for a bit. I tried doing what the teacher talked about, but did the beginner version, on purpose, as in the classes he always shows this one... and was corrected and shown three ways to do it and practice the more advanced one for myself. To be fair, htough, I probably did that one wrong anyway, so... :D
    We didn't practice too much, there was also a talking and demonstration of that form, therefore it was very relaxed. ¨
    At 8 pm the general online talk about the history and Taiji in general. I started feeling very tired. I wonder how I'll do tommorrow....

axelb likes this.
  10. Nachi

Today was the day! First in-person training in like... 2 months?

Taiji
    The Taiji school opened and as per governemnt's restrictions, only ten people in a group are allowed and all wearing masks. As for my group, there were only three of us... plus the teacher. The teacher asked me to do the silk reeling, and I agreed, just before R., a more senior insrtucotr showed up as well. The teacher then asked her to take the silk reeling and I immediately showed I didn't mind and that was obviously the way to go, but the teacher said something about us doing it together and stood us to the front. I made sure to stand a bit behind R and just follow her. She always surprises me that she doesn't seem to have any ego and arrogance as she still looked at me when she said it is ok to stop meditating and start silk reeling. I made sure to nod vigorously and let her know it is all in her hands and she finished the whole thing. After silk reeling we did the 5 forms to 4 directions and then worked on the 15 forms with the teacher who came back. Especially the 15th and then 16th. Ah, alhtough the online courses were great, there is nothing like an in-person class! I mat several friends, was able to interact with people more, observe the teacher better and last but not least practise on a floor that isn't that terribly slippery as the one we have home! I couldn't practise in very low stances at home as my feet kept moving sideways and so the muscles that hurt were my hamstrings as I had to keep them tense in order to keep my feet from going sideways. Today, it was all great! Surprisingly I managet to do the lower stances without any trouble, my legs didn't get weaker, or not by much.
    I got plenty of corrections today. Not that I wasn't getting plenty in the online courses, but I got just about double that today :D I am starting to have a hard time focusing on everything...

When our class ended and the group that is slightly behind us started, there were also only 4 people out of 9, so when the teacher asked me and R, if eatiher of us wanted to stay (to do the warm-up), I agreed. Actually sneakily stayed for the whole class :p The teacher was asking everyone how many forms thay know. This was the class where the 6th form was supposed to be taugh. Two of the four people knew more, though, up to the 26th form, the lady said she knows around that much, but has trouble or doesn't remmebr several of those. The teacher then sent the 3 of us to the other side to practise the forst 14 forms. I thought we were supposed to practise together, but since I looked like an instructor there, the other would follow my lead and I didn't dare say anything. When we were just finishing the last, 14th form, the teacher said to go ahead and do up to the 16 "because Nachi doesn't know any more than that". So now they knew and I would kindly jsut practise side by side with them, but no, I was still sent to the front and the two made sure to stand in a way they could observe all the forms while moving to different directions. I simply HATE situations like these! The two didn't mind at all and they did seem to have trouble with some of those forms, but still. I have just learned the last form, so I didn't realyl enjoy standing in front of the others when we were asked to just drill only that one again and again. I guess I better get used to it, as the teacher seems to love putting me in situations like these, but I would still very much prefer to avoid them.

Anyway, the training was great, I enjoyed it thoroughly! Just breathing in the mask when I was pmyself and needed more air was a bit (ok, quite a bit) annoying. I did push myself a little with the stances for two hours straight, not allowing myself many breaks and even though my legs or anything didn't hurt after yesterday's ride, on my way back, my legs and honestly whole body felt very tired.... I hope I'll get a good sleep today.

Didn't measure with Polar by accident.

11. Nachi

Online Karate

Today was supposed to be the first in-person karate, but sensei asked us the instructors what we think, that he is not sure if we should go to the dojo or just continue online today. He has gotten more caustous and isn't sure about how the training would go with the masks on, which is mandatory for now. I agreed as I was a bit behind with work and this would help me make it on time and seriously, I had a hard time breathing through that mask even yesterday on Taiji.
    We did another online class, both for adults and kids today, therefore we focused on kihon. Sett didn't participate today as he didn't feel too well. I wanted to since I missed the only training last week, despite my legs being really tired from the long bike ride and two hours of Taiji yesteray. And as for my arms... I could definitely feel I haven't been using them much lately. I am always planning to do some kettlebell session, but there is just no time.... and energy due to the trainings in between.
    At the end of the training, sensei wanted us to vote who'd like to continue online on Thursday and who would like to meet in person. It was 50:50. We voted online as I am a bit worried about going to school and furthermore teaching the kids with masks. I just can't imagine how to force them to keep the mask on. And can't imagine doing a training in it, either. Sensei is enjoying the online classes for now and doesn't like the idea of someone collapsing with the mask, so he feels like staying online for now. Honestly, there's what, like one more week of classes before we do a Christmas break? I think it would be fine to stay online till new year under these circumstances. But we'll see.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:06
    Max HR: 141
    Average HR: 104
    Kcal: 311
    Fat burn: 50%

12. Nachi

Online Taiji

Now we are combinig in-person classes with online, so I willbe going physically on Mondays and online on Wednesdays (till they close us again, anyway. The've been basically planning that since re-opening a few things). We worked on the last two forms especially and started on a new one - Double pushing hands. I think we did the whole form, explained without many details at the moment, but enough so we can practise and try to figure it out. This one doesn't seem that difficult, and is a bit similar to the third one we learned.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:09
    Max HR: 119
    Average HR: 92
    Training benefit: Recovery training
    Kcal: 276
    Fat burn: 59%

Morik likes this.
  13. Nachi

Online karate

Today the training was under my lead. Only a few hours before did I realise that since the other dojo is training in-person now and it will be only mostly for our dojo, there is no need to divide the training to kids and adult class, since the attendance wasn't big last time, so I did the training for everyone. It was a good choice. There were only 4 kids, one of whom attends the adult classes anyway and only around 4-5 adults of whom only one had a camera, so...
    We did a bit of cardio for warm-up, Junbi Undo including stretching and some techniques, then worked on some kihon and moving sideways, plus turning and in the end chaining all that into kihon ippon kumite. I did some work-out in between all those exercises. And Gekisai Dai Ichi kata at the end.
    Finally I had a bit higher average HR and burnt some calories! I do tend to get more exercise when I lead the training, usually. I wonder if it is because I do everything with more vigor, or I am just doing the trainings harder. I would almost say th first, but since I've had quite a few people complain before, maybe it is the latter. :)
    Anyway it went well.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:04
    Max HR: 169
    Average HR: 132
    Training benefit: Steady State training
    Kcal: 497
    Fat burn: 32%

Morik likes this.
  14. Nachi

Bike ride
    I did part of my work yesterday in the evening and started a bit early in order to finish most of my work early and go ride my bike as there was no other training today.
    I was worried Sett might be sad I am going alone, but in the end, he finished his work soon as well and came home early. Not as early as I would like, so we decided that I would go as planned, at 2 pm, and as soon as Sett comes home he'll follow after me till we meet. I didn't want to wait for him as it was obvious he would ride way too fast for my liking in order to reach the destination - a pond - in a relatively ok time. He did ride fast, but started much later, so I made the trip slightly longer (by 6 km) and went to look at another pond etc. We met at the final destination and rode home together. Not too fast now. We didn't make it till dark, but we did have lights, so it was fine. In the end my trip was 33 km.

Pískovna, Slatina
    Time: 2:02 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 33,č km
    Average speed: 16,4 km/h
    Ascent: 110 m
    Descent: 120 m
    Max speed: 34,8 km/h
    Max HR: 163
    Average HR: 137
    Kcal: 1032
    Fat burn: 37%
    Training load: Very demanding, recovery: 1d 9h

Travess likes this.
  15. Nachi

Bike ride

We wanted to do a 40 km ride today before we went to visit a friend. We rode for 41 km in the end. It was around 3°C, but no wind, although no sun, either.

Pískovna, Slatina
    Time: 2:35 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 41,8 km
    Average speed: 16,1 km/h
    Ascent: 230 m
    Descent: 250 m
    Max speed: 35,4 km/h
    Max HR: 164
    Average HR: 138
    Kcal: 1335
    Fat burn: 37%
    Training load: Extreme recovery: 2d 9h

16. Nachi

WE were celebrating Sett's dad birthday. Which meant lunching at his parent's house. I at least brought a cake they enjoyed last time and we gave our dried chilli in a practical spice jar that would allow to use the chilli like salt. And a small glass of my home made pumpkin and chilli sause. It seemed to make Sett's dad happy, so I was glad. Aftr we ate lunch and I stuffed myslef to the pioint of nearly being sick, we went for a walk, this time over 4 km. When we returned back, I was yet again presented with unending supply of wine. Ended up drinking around a bottle and a half of white wine... Still managed to get straight to cooking and cleaning when we returned home so that I could make it before:

Online Taiji - instructors:
    This time we started with practising. The teacher wanted us to do Fajins in the first three forms. I am not good with those. I can't figure out the feeling for the motion and I think I haven't been explained the principle well, yet. Therefore I kept wondering if it is like kime in karate, but considering the teacher was talking about the "springy" force, I thought probably not and was afraid to really go at it as I would do a karate-like strike and lose the feeling for the type of motion that should be done in Taiji. We drilled that for around 40 mins before the teacher said it was time to talk and asked for any questions we had. He really wants us to ask questions, so when there was the long unbearable silence, I asked about this problem of mine. I did not want to bring up karate and ask if it is the same, but I did ask about the principle - if I am actually supposed to use my arma nd body muscles for the Fajin, since We are usually told our upper part should be relaxed. The teacher gave a short answer and asked: Shouldn't that be similar in karate? Well, that is what I was trying to figure out. Then he gave an elaborate answer with several examples or ways to imagine it. It made sensei to me and I think I understood theoretically. Now about bringing this to practice....
    Since by the time he finished answering the hour was over and the next part - the teacher's talk abotu Taoism for everyone should begin, he asked us if we were fine with starting half an hour earlier next Sunday. He thought the hour was too short. Well, I certainly do not mind :)

Polar results:
    Time: 0:40
    Max HR: 120
    Average HR: 101
    Kcal: 201
    Fat burn: 54%

17. Nachi

Monday 14.12.

Taiji
    My second in-person class after so long. We are for now only allowed to come to one class per week since ther can only be 9 people due to restrictions. OUr group has two classes. The one tommorrow morning is full with people waitint to get in, while today evening... there were three of us and of of us three was a more advanced instructor not really from our group... I have no idea why, but good for us, I guess. It was clear instructor Ro would take the warm-up. The teacher almost wanted to say both of us, but as there were three of us in total... even he then changed his mind, luckily. We practices the 16 forms. When the teacher was away, instructor R gave us some tips. She explained the things that help her do this properly, like imagining someone pushing at a part of her shoulder, which would help her move well pushing from the leg. I did hear that before, even had the teacher push at me to try. With the force applied, I was able to do the movement well, but as soon as it was only imaginary... However, R tried pushing at me and I discovered to push against her well and keep straight, it might just ned me to push from my heel. And it did seem to work with just imaginary pressure on the shoulder. Pushing from one leg to move to the other is a principle our teacher just spoke about last time. I tried this method and focused on shifting the weight by pushinbg my weight from one leg to another, and from my heels in particular. Althoguh it felt clumsy the teacher said my shifting weight is getting better! This is the main mistake I make now nad am reminded by the teacher constantly. And if he knew I wasn't practising at home at all outside of the classes...! :eek: So I have to try super hard when actually in class :oops:

In the middle of our class, another frined arrived. One who was supposed to come to the class after ours, but in the end was the only one there, so she was told to come asap. There wasn't a full hour long class after that, only about half an hour, but all three of us stayed and we all practised the first five forms to four directions four times in a row.

As we were practising, the news of the new restrictions were apparently released. The pandemic got worse again after these two weeks of milder restrictions and we went back to teh 4 level of restrictions (5 is the worse). Meaning no groups larger than 6 people, fitness centers and amateur sports closed again. So we'll go full online from next week again. What bothers me most is that the Talavan seminar I already payed for for three days around New Year's eve is apparently not going to happen. I am so sad! I was looking forward to it so much and made plans how to ride part of the was on my bike and was really looking forward to it all. But now...:( What a bummer. We even have the curfew back, although only at 11 pm. I wonder if this will stay till the new years eve :D Which would mean we couldn't even go celebrate outside. But I think they might make an exception for that. Despite the fact that the secretary of health said there won't be any special exceptions for the holidays as that would be pointless. Oh, well...

Back to Taiji, when we had a break and talked with the teacher, he was hopeful the situation will get better in spring and for summer as he prepared the halberds and said: "you could learn the halberd form"! I wasn't sure how much "you" encompasses also "me" as I am a newbie and shouldn't really be focusing too much on weapoons wehn I can't do the weaponless basic form very well yet, so I wasn't getting my hopes up, but then the teacher was clearly looking at me when explaining the halberd was light enough so we all (girls) could practice with it easily. I tried and it really was ridiculously light compared to how it looked. I urged a little and the teacher showed the start of the form for a bit. Wow, when he does Taiji, no matter the weapon or what, it always looks so awesome! Despite the fact that he is a large guy, he can be very graceful and it always leaves me surprised. I wonder why I can't do that :D But I am starting to look forward to summer! The halberd looks great. And I hope to learn more and especially practice more with the staff, too! And it was also mentioned one of the older instructors might start teaching the fan! And since me and R were proclaiming how nice the fan was, maybe we'd get the opportunity, too! It would be great if I could learn, but I am scared it would collide with my karate classes. I really wanted to learn teh fan even before starting Taiji. I actually asked it there is any opportunity to learn it before I went to the trial class.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:42
    Max HR: 131
    Average HR: 105
    Kcal: 526
    Fat burn: 51%

18. Nachi

Tuesday

No training. I was trying to ask sensei about how the trainings are going to be and if we should do some Christmas meet or something, but it would be hard as the restaurants are going to close again on Friday and sensei apparently didn't have much time responding. In the end, no message about today's training came, so there was none. I, however, planned on baking some traditional Christmas sweets anyway, so I spent around 4 hours in the kitchen doing that.

Wednesday 16.12.

Online Taiji
    We were working on the last 4 forms we learned. To this class, only 6-7 people come, of which only 4 of us have camera. Anytime the teacher would start talking I just expected a critique for myself and was correct. I kind of struggle with the 14th form nad the teacher analyzed it may be due to me not using hips as I should and showed me how to do it and was talking about how nice and light and elegant that form is, gaining momentum from the start to the end. Sure, when he does that, it looks just awesome. I am happy if I can somewhat keep my balance, though -_- It is starting to get a bit frustrating.
    Too bad the in-person classes didn't last long. On the other hand, we should have an online class even next week - December 23rd and then in between the holidays, too, apparently :)

Polar results:
    Time: 0:54
    Max HR: 119
    Average HR: 100
    Kcal: 253
    Fat burn: 56%

19. Nachi

Thursday 17.12.

Online karate
    Sensei didn't do a training on Tuesday saying he'd have time today. He wrote there will be training at 5 for kids 6 for adults. At around 3 pm I got a call that he probably won't make it to the kids class. Could I take it? Unfortunately, I was just going to pick up a present and could only advise sensei to again do a joint training for everyone at 6 since there aren't that many people anyway. To which sensie agreed and asked whethere I was going to make it to the beginning..... I said I hope I will, but coulnd't be sure. Sensei said he should make it, but asking just in case. Five minutes before 6 I got a call from sensei that somehow went right to miss calls, but before I could call back, Sett's phone was ringing with sensei appologizing he won't make it for the beginning, if we could start and he'd join later. Sett led the training and did some basic techniques and start of the first kata. There were also three or so 4 year old kids there for the first trial class, so it was a bit difficult to do a training suited for everyone. Sensei arrived online at 7:00 exactly the time the training should end, appologizing as he'S been busy with a project. We just wished everyone happy holidays, but sensei promised he'd do a trianing next Tuesday. Which was some good news!

My calorie burn for this training was for some reason fairly negligible. Less then half of what Sett has. As per the trend..
    Polar results:
    Time: 0:47
    Max HR: 91
    Kcal: 148
    Fat burn: 59%

Friday: I planned a kettlebell workout, but was too busy with work and visit to a friend that I didn't ... :(

20. Nachi

Saturday 19.12.

Sett and I spent pretty much the whole day doing the Christmas claning. We did a good job, though, but had no energy left for anything....

Sunday 20.12.

Bike Ride
    Today a Garmin 12 day challenge (to ride 200 km) starts and we planned a longer trip of roughly 63 km to ride to Elbe, ride alongside it for 2é km and back - a triangle sort or route. My dad was tempted to join, but was worried about the cold weather and only decided at the last moment's notice to come. Well I knew he wouldn't pass up on it... We made a tiny detour along the way and I was trying to figure out a way to drag us a bit further to complete 70 km. My dad wanted to go see a place a liiitle further the river and we made another tiny detour and in the end made the 70 km! Yay :) There weren't many hills. Only two big and one of those wasn't even too bad, but a slow long ascent most of the way back. Therefore the route wasn't very demanding, but it was still 70 km so I arrived quite tired.

Labe (Elbe)
    Time: 4:29 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 70,2 km
    Average speed: 15,6 km/h
    Ascent: 315 m
    Descent: 335 m
    Max speed: 41,3 km/h
    Max HR: 170
    Kcal: 2264
    Fat burn: 47%
    Training load: Extreme recovery: 5d 5h

The downside of this was that after I showered, washed my hair, ate a piece of Christmas cake with matcha tea, ironed the Christmas table cloths, and wanted to go relax at least for a bit, I found out I have 15 mins till the start fo Taiji :eek:

On top of that, since we were talking quite a bit last time, the teacher thought we could do this online training longer and prolonged it to 90 mins. This is the only online class this long now and it is not even started by the usual routine of meditation and silk-reeling, which usually take around 20 mins. I am generally rather hapyp about that, but today, my legs wer stiff and my whole body a bit weak. So when we started with the form right away, I was doing a horrible job, I could feel it. I am used to easying into it with the silk reeling etc. Then there was time for questions, but I seriously had none today. A couple of the senior instructors asked about some advanced form, so that was at least 15 mins of me just listening. But as no one had anything else to ask, we started practicing the forms again. The only more junior intructor than me that comes to these online classes wasn't yet present, so we worked on the latest forms I could participate in as well - the 14th, 15th and 16th. We spent some time with each and we all got corrections. A lot of them. We were trying Fajins and I haven't practiced them and still haven't figured them out at all and I could tell my attempts were awful and I felt really bad about it. But the teacher gave a few tips. Anyway, we were exercising for the rest of the class, so I burned the most kcal at any online Taiji thus far, I think, most likely because of how tired I was already.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:13 (I paused the training for the talking break)
    Max HR: 111
    Average HR: 134
    Training benefit: Basictraining
    Kcal: 438
    Fat burn: 47%