Nachi's Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Nachi, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Monday 24.8.

Morning Taiji (and karate) at home:
    Silk reeling, 5x Tai chi form, a short staff practise, and karate katas: Tensho, Sanseru, Sepai

Polar results:
    Time: 0:52
    Max HR: 151
    Average HR: 125
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training
    Kcal: 406
    Fat burn: 36%

Food Log:

- 1 waffle and yoghurt, green tea
    - Kefir smoothie with half a banana and berries from the garden
    - Fluffy omelette from 4 eggs, with eidam, ham and spring onion
    - Ice cream (70g) and two carrots
    - Red bell pepper stuffed with minced meat with a cream sauce and Czech dumplings (not a particularly low-calorie meal, but a lot of peppers have ripened in the garden and I just love this one ^^)
    Intake of 1601 kcal, kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -817, next morning weight: 76,5 kg

2. Nachi

Tuesday 25.8.

Morning Taiji
    I arrived like 20 min earlier. Went a couple of times through the 4 forms with the staff I was taught, but spent the rest chatting with a friend who was there even earlier than me and was missing the last couple of weeks due to vacation. So I didn't really practice as I had planned to.
    The head teacher was away today and our group was taught by an instructor Z whom I already had a couple of nice classes with. We worked on the forms we know and focused on the last one - a transitional turn which is a bit hard and since the instructor asked if we had something we wanted to go through, I asked about the three steps. I asked the teacher before, too, for an explanation, and got to hear the principles, but I thought it would not hurt to ask. And I am glad I did! We got a detailed explanation about how the movement was step by step and had time to try. It was exactly the type of explanation I was looking for! Perfect. I will have to practise it now to get it into my muscle memory.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:02
    Max HR: 151
    Average HR: 120
    Training benefit: Basic training
    Kcal: 451
    Fat burn: 41%

Food Log:

- 2 waffles and yoghurt, 250 ml of milk
    - Kefir smoothie with half a banana and rasp-, straw- and blackberries from the garden
    - Red bell pepper stuffed with minced meat with a cream sauce and Czech dumplings
    - Ice cream (55g)
    - Veggie salad: tomatoes,cucumber and red bell pepper all from the garden, with 50 g of feta type cheese
    Intake of 1789 kcal, 2340 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -551 , next morning weight: 76,6 kg

3. Nachi

Wednesday 26.8.

Today there was supposed to be a karate training outside and we were looking forward to it. Unfortunately Sett has had a slight cold since the weekend and I just got a sorethroat yesterday as well. Therefore, I kind of persuaded Sett we should not be going. We were feeling fine and energetic, but we really shouldn't spread whatever it was. I told sensei and it was only an hour later that sensei actually cancelled the training due to a strong wind today. And just after that I started feeling like something a bit more than a sore throat and found out my temperature is slightly risen :mad: Well, I guess I won't be doing any kettlebell today, which was my second option of training. I just hope this passes and I can at least go to Taiji next Tuesday as I wanted to talk to the teacher...

In the evening we at least went for a walk. Around 6 km and 571 kcal for me.

Food Log:
    - 250 g of light cottage cheese with peeled apple (I am allergic to the peel) and a few raisins
    - Kefir smoothie with half a banana and rasp-, straw- and blackberries from the garden
    - Red bell pepper stuffed with minced meat with a cream sauce and Czech dumplings
    - Ice cream (55g)
    - Two slices of rye bread with blue cheese spread, cheese and ham
    Intake of 1632 kcal, 2331 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -699, next morning weight: 76,0 kg

axelb likes this.
  4. Nachi

Thursday 27.8.

Skipped morning Taiji class today as I am feeling a bit ill. The sorethroat is much better, although my voice got much vorse and I got a runny nose. I hate it. When combined with my like permanent runny nose from April to October due to allergies, it always takes at least a couple of weeks before I more or less get rid of it :rolleyes: At least I am not coughing at all, so it shouldn't be looking like Covid to people. My temperature is still slightly risen, but really just slightly.

I did some Taiji solo training in the afternoon. 15-20 mins of silk reeling and 3x my forms. I can feel it is somewhat harder today as I am not feeling well. But one thing I really like about Taiji is that since it is supposed to be done slowly and is a relaxing exercise, it is quite easy to start. Unlike, say, a kettlebell exrcise or some type of workout that I am not feeling like doing in the morning or when not too energetic etc. With Taiji, I can start easy and slowly deepen my stances if I feel like it, or not. So it is a good exercise for days like this :)
    36 mins and burned 229 kcal.

When Sett came back from work, we went for a walk again: 4 km and 490 kcal. We went slowly, but had to go up a few hills, so my max HR was 168 bpm actually. Average HR was 131 and that is including at least a 10 min break when we stood on a spot.... I really hope it is just due to me not feeling that well :D

Food Log:
    - A slice of rye bread with blue cheese spread, cheese and ham (a leftover from yesterday's dinner)
    - Ice cream (55g)
    - A few tomatoes from the garden and then I couldn't resist and made myself a "semolina mash/purér" (?) or whatever it's called in English - just semolina, milk and cocoa powder + vanilin sugar.
    Intake of 1713 kcal, 2428 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -715, next morning weight: 76,0 kg

axelb likes this.
  5. Nachi

Friday 28.8.

Feeling a bit worse during the night and at some points in the day :/Nearly couldn't speak in the morning, but my voice luckily came back quickly. I was really looking forward to finishing work so that I can grab a book and go to a bed. But first, I, well, today I had to force myself to do some slight activity. It was supposed to rain in the evening, so I wanted to at least do some Taiji before that. And I really didn't feel like doing even that. But I pushed through 18 mins of silk reeling and went through the form a couple of times and since I wanted to do at least 3 reps, I did the last one much faster. And after that I kind of felt more energetic, did 30 push-ups, V-ups and squats and proceeded with Sanseru and Sepai. Actually feeling the best since the start of today :)
    So I was practicing for nearly an hour (including a bit of stretching) and burned 360 kcal. I did finish drenched in sweat, though, despite doing no hard exercise.

Food Log:
    - 2 waffles and yoghurt, tea
    - A couple fo carrots
    - Ice cream (85g) with a few strawberries, nut bar (hungry after exercise. In fact, I was hungry all the time today since I wanted to keep the calories low due to possible lack of exercise)
    - Bread roll with cream cheese spread, ham and cheese, tomatoes and 2 soft boiled eggs. Unfortunately, Sett bought a bigger bread roll than I hoped for, so it was a much larger dinner than I planned.
    Intake of 1821 kcal, 2203 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -382, next morning weight: 76,0 kg

Travess likes this.
  6. Nachi

Saturday 29.8.

Sett wanted to do a Garmin challenge of riding 40 km on a bike. I wanted to join, but didn't feel at all like doing it in the morning... In the afternoon we again at least went for a walk - around 5 km and roughly 500 kcal (I started the activity on my watch late, so not sure about the exact numbers). It was a lazy day today otherwise. I did some cooking, but that was all..
    I think I started to feel a bit better today, my HR is also going back to the lower numbers. My dad tried to force various herbs to make a tea off, as he isn't as big a supported of ginger tea (unlike me). In the end I tried a tea from onion and fennel. Not something I would like to drink regulargly. Tasted like a weird soup. :confused:

Food Log:
    - 2 waffles and yoghurt, tea
    - Half a litre of milk
    - Home made hamburger - beef, the bread, onion, tomato, and a little bit of cheese. I am not too fond of some sauces so this was all the ingredients for me. And we baked it instead of grilling, as usual. Tasty.
    - 35 g of ice cream with some strawberries
    - I tried my hand with zucchini muffins I found a recipe for. Not bad at all. I ate 3 wih cereal toast bread and some veggies from the garden - tomatoes and a pepper.
    Intake of 1692 kcal, 2323 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -631, next morning weight: 76,0 kg

7. Nachi

Sunday 30.8.

Feeling a bit better today. We went for a walk in the morning: 6 km and 504 kcal.

After that we went to celebrate my dad's birthday. We went for a lunch and each got a piece of cake as well and some champaigne and finished with ice cream. Today was a big cheat day in my diet. But knowing that it was going to be the case, I only ate a small breakfast and small dinner, so the calories in the end do not seem that terrible, but still. I will have to be more strict since Monday again :oops:

Food Log:
    - A waffle and yoghurt, small cup of milk
    - Rump steak with baked potatoes and a cake. Then maybe 4 dcl of champaigne with some crisps and finished with up to 100 g of ice cream.
    - Cucumber and tomatoes from the garden. Nothing else.
    Intake of 1966 kcal, 2535 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -569, next morning weight: 76,5 kg :(

8. Nachi

Monday 31.8.

Not much activity today, only a walk to a shop to pick something - a walk of maybe 2 km. Therefore I did my best to keep my calorie intake low enough, too.
    Other than that, I am feeling much better today. HR got to normal levels, voice sounds more normal, stuffy nose is also significantly better. I think I am ready for Taiji tommorrow :)

Food Log:
    - A waffle and yoghurt, tea
    - 3 zucchini muffins, a slice of cereal toast, tomatoes and peppers from the garden
    - Couldn't resist a small icecream and a Kinder bar. And linden tea that could help cure me, parents say
    - I cooked a Czech version of Chinese food for this week and took a smaller portion for dinner. It turns out it doesn't have much calories at all! Ate with basmati rice.
    Intake of 1400 kcal, 2027 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -627, next morning weight: 76,1 kg

9. Nachi

Tuesday 1.9.

Taiji
    I feel much better and I really wanted to go to Taiji today, so I went. I did my best to not cough or clear my nose. I thought I'd rather suffocate than cough there. It worked out, more or less. I feel well, but when getting cough and stuffy nose it usually takes me forever to get rid of it. The class went well. This time we started with the instructor, going through our 15 forms and when the teacher arrived, he sent the instructor to the other group and taught us himself. We worked especially on the last three and went through the whole form a few times, me being put in front of the class again. I got a correction to make my forms more fluid as I tend to just stop for a while after I make a step. There should be a slight movement still before continuing, so in the last form I was trying to figure that out, although the rotating then shoved me in a wrong direction somehow. I'll figure it out, though.
    After the class I wanted to ask the teacher about the Monday instructor classes. I just wanted to know some details and make sure he did not change his mind :D After class the teacher actually approached me himself and ask if I was counting with those classes, so that was good. He added that he also spoke to the two girls I met at Talavan last time and they will be coming as well, so we'll make a good bunch. Which is nice. There will be more of us newbies,which would make the whole thing easier on my nerves :D I am quite looking forward to it. Well, I am still nervous, but curious, too.

Forgot to stop the training until I was home... My max HR was 160 and I burned over 600 kcal, but counted with my way home. But over 500 it should be.

In the evening we went to sensei's school to prepare the new dojo and a room with a sofa for the season. We unpacked a few boxes of stuff form the dojo, washed all the cups and dishes, hung some certificates, threw out unnecessary stuff and laid the tatami. It was only the instructors and one mom who also works in the school. We finished at 21:30 and went to our favourite Asian restaurant nearby where we waited for sensei, who still had some work in his office. We talked about some stuff concerning the season, sensei told us his vision of training schedule and we only arrived home at 23:30. I was very tired, so I took a shower and went to bed...

With the school starting today, face masks have been made mandatory in public transport and some other places. No restrictions really concerning me too much. The number of new cases for today, however, was a record - over 500 in on day. We have not come close to that number yet and now here it is. And now all the kids go to school and I suspect things can go worse. People do not want any more restrictions, I guess, but I wouldn't be agains them. This is one of the reasons sensei told us to not look for accomodation for their seminar in Slovakia three weeks from now, as Slovakia is also putting some restrictions in place and ho knows how things will be by the.

Food Log:
    - A waffle and yoghurt, cup of milk
    - Couldn't resist a small icecream and a Kinder bar.
    - Czech version of Chinese food with basmati rice.
    - Chinese chicken soup with corn and 8 gyoza dumplings
    Intake of 2054 kcal, 2793 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -739, next morning weight: 76,5 kg

10. Nachi

Next week the new season and new timetable of my trainings begins. The Taiji school already made the timetable public, and I talked to both my Taiji and karate teachers, so I already have an idea of my training schedule:

Monday:...................................................................................19:00-20:00 Taiji 20:00-21:30 Taiji instructor class
    Tuesday: ......8:00-9:00 Taiji................................18:00-19:30 Karate
    Wednesday: ........................................................(17:30-20:00 Karate at uni) 19:00-21:00 Taiji
    Thursday: ...(8:00-9:00 Taiji) ...................... 17:00-18:00 Karate kids 18:00-19:30 Karate 19:30-20:30 Black belts
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday: ......................................................possible karate class not every week

Taiji and Karate clashes a little on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I do not think I will be attending the classes in the brackets, or only occassionally. Karate at the uni is something I would like to go to from time to time, but it is not a regular dojo training. And it only lasts during university semesters.
    I could theoretically make it to both morning Taiji and karate in the afternoon on Thursdays, but that wouldn't leave me enough time to do my day job, so I think I will skip the morning Taiji, since there are plenty more Taiji classes I can now go to. And I can't skip the karate kids that start at 5 pm already. I am happy sensei decided to make the advanced class on Thursdays! It was my idea and he liked it. I thought it could be probably more like brown and black belts and sensei only called it a black belt class, but we'll see how it turns out :)
    Anyway, I wonder how and if I will be able to make it regularly to all the trainings I made bold. It would be 5,5 hours of Taiji and 5-6,5 hours of karate every week. Sounds great, but probably rather hard to manage all of it. But I am really looking forward to trainings finally starting next week! :)

Travess likes this.
  11. Nachi

Oh, they found how they put two Taiji classes for our group in a row on Wednesday and cancelled one. Meh....

Wednesday 2.9.

No activity today. Tried to keep the calorie intake low as well.

Food Log:
    - A waffle and yoghurt, cup of milk and a 1 l jar of ginger, lemon and honey tea
    - Kefir smoothie with half a banana, strawberries, raspberries.
    - 45 ml ice cream
    - Chia Shake - a protein shake I used to drink a while ago and came back to. It added the needed protein and fibre into my today's diet.
    Intake of 1353 kcal, 2054 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -701, next morning weight: 75,6 kg

axelb likes this.
  12. Nachi

Thursday 3.9.

Morning Taiji

Today was as usual taught by teacher P and he had an instructor O present as well, whom I've only seen once. Today the teacher was with our group all the time, while the instructor was teaching the advanced group. I always wonder how comes our group has the more experienced teachers most of the time. Not that I am complaining in any way :)
    We went through our 15 forms and worked on some details the teacher spotted we did wrong. This was the first time in months we've been inside (as opposed to the terrace) and at the larger mirror and I actually had a spot in front of it and could tell my Taiji looks better compared to when I've last seen myself! Improved my mood :)
    I was standing just behind the teacher and messed up one move that we just started from standing, not moving into from the previous form and although this teacher doesn't give many personal corrections, the second I did it and realized I overdid the motion, the teacher corrected us that we shouldn't overdo it in that way and repeated it a few more times, sometimes looking my way. I nodded that I understood and was at first happy that the teacher said we should probably sometimes practice separate skills like this - doing the steps. I just thought not long ago that I should work on them and got a correction on Tuesday also about something in the stepping. But then I realized this may be the way I used to step, as I learned it, but then the main teacher corrected me. Sure, I was doing more things wrong that needed to be corrected, but it seems what teacher R was putting at least some emphasis on, teacher P says shouldn't be like that. Dang.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:04
    Max HR: 156
    Average HR: 130
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training
    Kcal: 516
    Fat burn: 35%

Food Log:
    - Two waffles and yoghurt, cup of milk and a 1 l jar of ginger, lemon and honey tea
    - 250 g of low-fat cottage cheese with peeled apple and a few raising
    - 45 ml ice cream and Kinder Pingui
    - Two slices of cereal toast, one with cheese spread and ham, one with liver paste + cherry tomatoes
    Intake of 1720 kcal, 2455 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -735, next morning weight: 75,8 kg

axelb likes this.
  13. Nachi

Friday 4.9.

We took a day off work and planned to visit Sett's parents at their cottage in South Bohemia. I proposed to make the trip by train and by bike. We bought tickets, but ran into some trouble with the Czech railways. Their bad reputation, however, is well deserved. How can they tell you that there was a sudden change and the train will depart from a different station like 20 minutes before its departure? Well to be fair, by subway we made it there just fine since it them also departed 30 mins late. And despite having tickets for particular seats that are booked together with space for the bikes, the trair had different eagons and ours (which was not ours in the end), was filled to the brim with some similarly confused pioneers. We managed to squeeze our bikes in, but ended up sitting on the floor. Just great. I am so gonna file a complaint!
    Anyway we rode a little over 5 km to the first station and then around 30 km mostly up the hill to the cottage. We took it slowly, because of me riding slowly up the hills and Sett taking pictures along the way. I burned over twice the kcal Sett did :D I think just touching my bike makes me burn them :D My legs hurt a bit at the end, but the trip was great. Except for the train, though. In the evening when we arrived, Sett's parents had a barbecue prepared and wine, as usual. We also looked into some bikes I could purchase, as I probably will get a new one. Sett's dad seems knowleadgeble about them.

Polar results:
    Time: 0:18
    Distance: 5,4 km
    Max HR: 167
    Average HR: 120
    Training benefit: Steady State & Basic training
    Kcal: 125
    Fat burn: 37%

Polar results:
    Time: 2:59
    Distance: Around 29 km
    Max HR: 172
    Average HR: 144 (including all the breaks)
    Training benefit: Tempo training+
    Kcal: 1630
    Fat burn: 35%

Food Log:
    - A waffle and yoghurt, tea
    - Roastbeef baguette in Bageterie Boulevard with salad without dressing and tea

- Chia shake
    - Grilled chicken leg and not a whole piece of pork, most of one slice of bread, tomates, cucumbers and over half a litre of wine...
    Intake of 2380 kcal, 3764 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -1384, next morning weight: ? kg

14. Nachi

Saturday 5.9.

I kept waking up in the morning and could not fall asleep since 6:30, so I got less rest than I hoped for. I wasn't too tired the next day (until evening), but when we went for a walk - the only today's activity, I was fairly worn out. We went mushroom hunting with Sett and his dad and found several bolete mushrooms. I am already looking forward to the traditional mushroom soup I am going to make :)
    The trip to the forest took a bit over two ours, but while looking for the mushrooms, our pace was slow, so we covered around 7,5 km and I burned 642 kcal.

Food Log:

- A slice of bread with butter with butter and home-made jam
    - Some pork on peppers, as well as chilli in a brown sauce with rice. Was rather hot (both Sett and his dad who was cooking have a thing for chilli and spicy food), but delicious

- Two pancakes with home-made jam
    - Two grilled sausages with most of one slice of bread and plenty of tomatoes and cucumbers from Sett's parents' garden, which i absolutely love and they just put them on the table in front of me :D
    - Around 30 g of crisps (ahh, this was not planned)
    Intake of 2057 kcal, 2323 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -266, next morning weight: ? kg

15. Nachi

Sunday 6.9.

After one more day of rest, my legs felt more fresh for the bike ride back. Unfortunately, my watch had some problem and I only realised no training is being recorded when I checked in the middle of the way. Anyway it was around 27 km to the train station and then around 5 km home. My highest HR on the wa to the train was around 165, which is nonsense, I am very sure it had to be at least 175 bpm. On my way home it was 170 in the final hill. Today, the trip wasn't as exhausting as after climbing all the hills on our way to the cottage, on the way back, it was mostly down the hill and only around 160 m up (on the way there we had to climb 314 m). Anyway, on my way up one long hill which I started on the heaviest gear and only went lighter and lighter as I progressed and I think I had to reach my max HR there, I started feeling a strange sensation near my heart I'd say. Like a slight pain, but very light. It stayed with me for some time, though, until our stop for ice cream and go a little more prominent in the next climb. It was a weak sensation, but made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Let's just hope I am still to young for heart attacks :D

Our short trip from the station home (the longer one wasn't measured properly)

Polar results:
    Time: 0:22
    Distance: 4,9 km
    Max HR: 170
    Average HR: 137
    Training benefit: Steady State training
    Kcal: 185
    Fat burn: 30%

Food Log:

- Two pancakes with home-made jam
    - Pork on peppers, as well as chilli in a brown sauce with rice.
    - Ice cream along the way
    - Chia shake
    - 300 ml of Goulash soup with twi pieces of crispy rye bread
    Intake of 1886 kcal, 2512 kcal burnt.

Total kcal: -626, next morning weight: 76,4 kg

Travess and axelb like this.
  16. Nachi

Monday 7.7.

Taichi (1 hour)
    I joined a class of people doing Taichi for longer, but still only learning to the same form as me. Today the teacher explained about reverse breathing (I have never heard a proper explanation, yet) and we were to try it during the whole class. Worlking through all of our forms. There wee quite a lot of people in this group. Together in this and the less advanced one who practiced on the terrace, I met four of my friends I met at Talavan. Finally a group where I know someone a bit better :)

Taichi Instructor class (1:15)
    All four of them, as expected, together with three more instructors were invited for the next class. The teacher had us work on the basics - the basic one handed form of silk reeling and he explained the body mechanics to a better detail than I heard it explained before. Also having been instructed on how to make Fa-jins from this mechanics of movement. We practice how to rotate in the hips during silk reeling, how it affects the body and hands. At the end we tried the 5 forms faster to see how our center of gravity worked and tried to breathe properly. That was fun.
    The teacher was hoping to make this class into a sort of club we can attend even when we don't feel too energetic for training and can only observe and where we can correct each other etc. He also decided since all of us present today were invited by him, we do not have to pay additional fees for this class as it should be, but will have it for free. In exchange we can help with some teaching. Although for us beginners it will probably not be anything big or very often, I guess. Anyway, this class was seriously awesome. Specialised and to more detail than usual. It helped me understand several things that we were also able to practice. We felt it was just awesome and a perfect opportunity to improve our Taiji. I am really happy I was invited here.

Polar results:
    Time: 2:31 (forgot to stop the training until around 15 mins later)
    Max HR: 153
    Average HR: 122
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training, long
    Kcal: 1089
    Fat burn: 43%

Food Log:
    - Two waffles with yoghurt and tea
    - Kinder Pingui and small ice cream
    - semolina mash with cocoa (I had a sweet tooth today)
    - Chicken breasts with cream Niva sauce with leek and curry, pasta
    Intake of 1481 kcal, 2823 kcal burnt.

Total kcal: -1342, next morning weight: 76,1 kg

axelb likes this.
  17. Nachi

Tuesday 8.9.

Morning Taiji

We had the class on the terrace today, although it was a bit colder. But as soon as we started moving, it was fine. After meditation and silk reeling, the advanced group and the main teacher moved inside and we were taught by instructzor Z. We went through all our form a couple of times and then spent most of the time working on the Three steps form again. We did this one last time with this instructor, but I am not complaining, I am still not very confident in this one. The instructor explained well to details and we practiced.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:06
    Max HR: 145
    Average HR: 113
    Kcal: 417
    Fat burn: 45%

Karate

First karate training of the season, we stayed outside. In the adult class there were only 9 of us, sensei included, and unfortunately, we do not expect many more people to come, if any. Surprisingly, there seemed to not bee too many children for the children class, either. We are planning to do some demos at some events. I hope we can attract new members.
    We have twins in our dojo who have just celebrated their 19th birthday. To celebrate it more, sensei had us to some exercises in this number. After Junbi Undo we started the training with a 1000 tsuki. Ten rounds or so with everyone counting to ten, sensei twice. After each round we did a bodyweight exercise 19 times. It was press ups several times, then squats, jumping jacks, lunges and whatnot. Each round we changed the stance or number of tsuki on one count. After hidari and migi heiko dachi sensei asked what stance to do next. Despite me having my legs already tired after all the taiji, I proposed to do shiko dachi. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, but I am rather sure sensei would have us do shiko dachi at some point anyway and I thought we'd better do it sooner rather than later. I did my best to keep my stance as low as I could and my legs seriously burned. What I did not expect was sensei not announcing any exercise, but rather, the next round in hikui shiko dachi - which means the same, but even lower stance. Ugh, that was terrible. And of course, the bodyweight exercise after that were shiko dachi squats.
    For the second part of the training we did a long combination, step by step, while half of us being defenders and the othr half running from one defender to another, to attack. I hate long combos. I never can remember thme. Got hit as I forgot what ws coming and was deep in thought...
    After training we stayed a little bit to again go through some things in the club room we brought from the old dojo and tidy them up. Later we went to our favourite Asian restaurant just around the corner. I wanted to eat only something small - maybe a soup. But then got an appetizer instead, in the form of 5 gyoza. Not the healthiest meal, but delicious. Sensei then ordered one huge ice cream cup with banana and whipped cream for the twins. The staff did not understand well and brought two instead. So we were passing them around the table and everyone got a spoonful each round. Ruining my diet plans....
    Unfortunately, for some reason my Polar did not start measuring the training, so I do not know the calories for today. I suppose I could have burned at least 500 kcal, though.

Food Log:
    - Two waffles with yoghurt and milk
    - Small ice cream, Kinder Pingui
    - Risoto with cheese
    - Chicken breasts with cream Niva sauce with leek and curry, pasta, smaller portion.
    - 5 Gyoza and a bit of icecream and banana
    Intake of 2437 (wow, I messed up!) kcal, 2523+karate kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -the karate training, next morning weight: 76,8 kg I think after hard trainings or after I restart trainings after a while, the next day my weight goes up. I hope it either doesn't stay that way long or that it is just muscle. Although I am not sure if muscle can grouw so quickly :D

18. Nachi

Wednesday

Taiji
    25 mins of meditation and silk reeling with instructor H, who is rather new to me. then we worked on the 15 forms with some tips from the teacher. My legs are already a bit tired since altogether this was my 5th training this week... but I didn't compromise my stances. Just that they were a little bit wobbly when standing on one leg etc.

Polar results:
    Time: 0:56
    Max HR: 159
    Average HR: 115
    Kcal: 369
    Fat burn: 43%

Just before taiji, me and Sett met in front of a bike store where Sett's dad found me a nice bike. One that has both wheels suspended and is a 2018 model, size S. Apparently they weren't able to sell this one bike for a while, therefore they put it in a 20% discount and I was advised to quickly make a reservation on it, since it just might be the right size for me and it is a very nice Scott bike that I could potentially get for a very nice price (considering the bike's parameters).

I was looking into getting anew bike, one that wouldn't get me close to getting a heart attack while riding up the hill. Right now I have a bike without any suspension at all, a cross type bike and my very first adult sized one that I got when I was 14 yo. Right now, as our professor from my university who is an evolutionary parasitologist predicted, the Covid is going to spread fast now with opening the schools and with people being less willing to keep distance and wear face masks. And since we are breaking records for the past few days and his predictions are coming true even faster than he thought, he has interviews in the media like every other day since last Wednesday. Hopefully people are going to start to listen. And since he predicts the schools and other places are going to, or should close rather soon, I think it is a good time to equip myself for outdoor sports :D The bike stores did say they don't exactly have bad sales right now. ¨

Anyway, I tried the Scott bike out, it was a very pleasant ride and the size seemed just right. Unfortunately, they didn't want to block the bike for me any longer than one more day. Therefore we went straight to another shop, where I wanted to try another bike, well equipped, new model, with several advanctages, including the price, but without the rear suspension. Actually I was more inclined to get this one. That is until I tried riding it. It was not really comparable to the full suspension and despite the seller's assurance, the M size felt too big, I was leaning too much and I fear my wrists would hurt and the saddle was very uncomfortable, probably as I was leaning forward too much. Well, at least the decision was made easily. I am going to pick up the Scott bike on Friday :) Since our big birdwatching holiday this November is not going to happen, I am at least getting a new bike to help me lose weight and get in shape ^^

Can't wait to try it out this the weekend :)

Food Log:
    - Small ice cream, Kinder Pingui, half a Chia Shake
    - Chicken breasts with cream Niva sauce with leek and curry, pasta, smaller portion
    - Chia Shake in between the bike trials and Taiji (no time for any other dinner)
    Intake of 1632 kcal, 2430 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -798, next morning weight: 76,4 kg

Travess likes this.
  19. Nachi

Thursday 10.9.

Karate Kids
    Around 9 kids present, me and Sett were teaching, a fellow instructor E joined us later. We had the kids do a simple run and hit game, but some found it very hard to pay attention for a minute to hear what we wanted of them and had a hard time figuring it out then, so we tried a few more times with some changes and I stood next to the girl who just seemed she could not do it to giv her instruction where to run and what to do each time. We then practiced some basic techniques, me again working with this little girl of maybe 6 yo. She has her two older brothers there and her mum helps with things in the dojo, so I know her. The mom, however, left to buy some groceries and the girl started crying as she missed her and because she usually did not participate past the worm-up and stretching. Her older brother and I found a way to motivate her to try and she actually lasted till the end, happy to see boht of her parents arrive. I was acting as her private instructor till the end of the class, helping explain her the techniques. It is not like she never did them, but she didn't recall and struggled. Otherwise the class was calm, not as much yelling and running around as usual. Maybe as it is still the start of the school year and maybe becasue there were more of us instructors and I could take care of the little devil the little girl can be :)

Karate
    - a few rounds of what we call randori (like a very light sparring with partners alternating attack and defence techniques), and a few rounds of light sparring, hands only.
    - Junbi Undo
    - Practised three combination, each starting with a kick - mae, mawashi and ushiro geri. First as kihon ido, then in pairs, in groups etc.

Karate brown and black belts:
    This class was supposed to last an hour, but was a bit shorter today. A fellow instructor's son celebrated his 13th birthday and he wanted to go celebrate to our favourite chinese restaurant. So we finished a bit sooner and went. I kind of hoped that at least today, I can perhaps get home early and have a chill evening, but it did not happen. Tommorrow for sure! In this class all we did was go through all of our kata, each one twice. The three brown belts were told to try to copy Sanseru and Sepai from us. And so that we don't feel too confident we know everything, we continued with Kururunfa we all had to try and copy from sensei. A nice class.

Today I was a bit frustrated as I could feel I wasn't doing karate for a while and felt sloppy. I took it rather easy and didn't do many things with full power or full effort, therefore, well, my average HR and kcal burned were much lower than in a regular Taiji class :oops: At least I wasn't the only one. Sett said he also felt sloppy and both he and sensei said they were sore from Tuesday. Well, that wasn't my case, luckily!

Polar results:
    Time: 3:06
    Max HR: 159
    Average HR: 98 :oops:
    Kcal: 753
    Fat burn: 50 %

Food Log:
    - Small ice cream, Kinder Pingui
    - Chia Shake between trainings
    - 5 gyoza dumplings and an orange juice in the restaurant
    Intake of 2062 kcal, 2517 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -455, next morning weight: 76,3 kg

And yay, I did it! I did go to all the trainings I had planned to this week! I didn't have time to do much else, so all the chores are postponed till weekend, but I am happy I did it :) I wonder how long I can keep it up :D

20. Nachi

Friday 11.9.

Got rid of part of my savings today, when I got my nice new bike. I am happy about the choice. I visited the shop and talked with the sellers, got a few accessories. I am still going to look for new grips, though and a saddle bag. I am also thinking about getting a Polar bike computer. It is nice, but I don't want to spend so much additional money. I am tempted, though. I am used to using at least a normal very old computer showing speed, max speed, time, distance and odo. I am not sure if to get one like that in case I decided for Polar later. It would be cool to have my journeys noted in the map and one even has navigation. My GPS through phone doesn't always work too well for this and when navigating all the time through the phone, it looses battery quickly. Although I do plan on getting a new phone, as mine is over 4 years old and I currently have to cherge it twice a day to last, without even using it much.
    Anyway, we rode back home from the shop, which was some 11 km. I have a harder time getting on and off the bike, but I hope I will get used to it. Otherwise with full suspension compared to none before, any eneven things on the road I don't really have to care about and they don't slow me down. Riding up the hill is significantly easier, too! It is a very cool bike. I hope I will find some time to try a longer ride in the weekend.

Polar results:
    Time: 0:58 (I started measuring the training a bit early and stopped it a few mins later...)
    Distance: around 11 km
    Max HR: 167
    Average HR: 116
    Kcal: 359
    Fat burn: 39%

Food Log:
    - Small ice cream, small fruit bar
    - Kulajda - a traditional Czech mushroom soup I tried from the mushrooms we picked in the weekend.
    - Crisps. This was totally Sett's though. I should have never admitted we had some. Ruined my diet today :mad:
    Intake of 1950 kcal, 2398 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -448, next morning weight: 76,4 kg

axelb likes this.