My side is killing me

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by StorDuff, May 17, 2004.

1. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

I layed on the couch for about an hour and a half, resting all my weight on my right elbow into the furniture, somewhat sitting upright. About 30 minutes later as I went to take a shower I felt this sharp pain in my side. It hurts when I cough, breathe deeply, move, and lie down. I must have subtly set off some stuff in my body or stretched a muscle or something. Although I'm kind of ashamed to admit I hurt myself just lieing around, I want to remind everyone to take warning to what they do, no matter how minor it is. You can come out of a hard MA class and take strikes and blows all day, but lie down wrong... :eek:

2. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

I'm with you on this one! Hidden dangers lurk everywhere! I broke my knee just turning around in class - no kick, no spinning back whatchamacallit. Simply just turning back to face my partner and SNAP! :eek: Beware of all your normal everyday activities. I think there should be a gov't sponsored study of these things. Lying down and turning around should be banned or have warning labels placed on them.

3. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

I certainly know more people who have had injurires from almost nothing than from actual physical movement. Woke up today and it doesn't seem to be feeling any better, I'm really looking forward to sitting in those hard plastic school chairs in an hour :eek: