My First Fight

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by SCP_Kensei, Sep 1, 2006.

1. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

Well I've finally bit the bullet and have my first fight in November.

It's not Full Thai Rules but AKA Kickboxing rules.

Now this sucks a bit but it still full contact with Knees allowed to the body, leg kicks, clinch and Spinning backfist all allowed.

Thenly real restrictions are no knees to the head and no elbows, oh and no catching of kicks :(

The stupid amount of body armour puts me off a bit (Shinnies, forearm guards, headguard, 16oz gloves, torso protector) but it'll be a good introduction.

It's tournament format so I could have up to 3 fights during the competitoon.

Here's the website, what do you think?

http://www.aka-england.org/

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  2. gornex

gornex Valued Member

wicked sweet

3. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

My son had his first F/C Muay Thai fight at Beastmaster 2 years ago, might try and find the time to come and see you fight. Good luck

4. NaziKiller

NaziKiller New Member

I may have my first fight sometime next year myself... but I don't think it will be with forearm guards and torso protectors. At least that way you can't complain to the insurance company though. ;)

5. Captain Karate

Captain Karate New Member

forearm guards? wtf

6. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

I don't understand that, My son had to wear headguard, bodypad and shinnies and he was 10

7. SCP_Kensei

I know, I dont agree with the forearm guards Either (Or the shinnies,the head guard, body protector or the 16oz gloves) but those are the rules and the AKA's a good organisation to get started in. It's apparently a good leg up to professional fights.

8. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

As you can do spinning backfist, pratice overspinning your roundhouse straight into a back fist and back to a guard. In your first fight, in all the excitment, you will proberly miss a couple of times and end up side on, your opponent should see the opening and move forward to attack, straight into your backfist. Even if it doesn't hit he's not going to want to try it again. I'm quite surpised, considering all the safty gear why this technique has been allowed, but as it's there take advantage of it.

9. SCP_Kensei

I wouldnt compete in a competition that didnt allow SBF If I can win a couple of fights on the AKA circuit I wat to fight full Thai rules (would have done when I was in If I hadnt had my motorbike accident).

SBF get a bad rap for no reason, It's a perfectly safe technique (doen properly, like everything).

10. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

SBF is banned in most Thai fights in the UK. :cry:

11. SCP_Kensei

It's banned in modified Thai fights, unless agreed by both fighters. There are plenty of fights available with no restrictions like that.

However once I start fighting Thai I plan to go back to Puket and do it there.

12. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

Good for you, enjoy your fight.

13. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

good luck

on the rules...the torso protector seems execssive but as for the other stuff....who cares.....you can still get alot of ring experence without getting hurt.....

dont worry it will still be hard hitting......but dont expect a knockout

14. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

good luck man im fighting this saturday, a couple of guys and girls from my gym are on ameture and all they use is bodyuards / headuards and 10oz gloves you really wanna get put in for pro ameture after this!

as for spinning back fist being banned in the uk its far from it? full thai rules is everything and spinning back fist can be used in ameture as can elbows too the body if both camps agree

15. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

My mistake, can't ever remember a fight were I've seen then except when the guy that did it got warned.

16. SCP_Kensei

TomB the fight will be ProAm. B Class.

17. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

if you watch 'Now Is the Time - Night of Combat', channel 5 its on various days either monday or fridays usually from 1-3 in the morning. record it its got all the top clubs fighting full thai rules and alot of the badco champs on, best british thai boxing you will see which i must say is very good :love:

Kensei,

its odd that your wearing all that stuff though it seems to extreme, i wouldnt consider that pro-am- maybe in kickboxing terms.
    guess its a good introduction for you and to get used to a croud but there will be plenty of fighters in thai boxing shows at your skill level and that 'no catching of kicks' is just going to hold you back as is dressing up like a marshmello.

you should try get put into a big show
    badcompany
    koa loi
    nongkee pahuyuth
    master sken
    kstar

maybe you should ask your trainer about getting on an interclub or a badcompany show richard smith matches people really well. where abouts do you train and for how long?

-Tom

18. SCP_Kensei

That where we're planning to go next, however there are a lot of fighters in my gym who arent MT focussed and want to try fighting in this environment first. I dont mind, i'll fight in any scenario (so long as it's a good matchup).

19. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

Got years worth, but most of those fights don't allow SBF

20. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

Try GFC in Bury if you can travel it, great interclubs and he normally matches everyone pretty well, not quite a fight but you can go hard as long as you agree beforehand. You can fight more than once if there's enough their, and you want to. 3x2 mins normally.

www.gfcmuaythai.co.uk

Give Darren a call and I'm sure he'll let you know when the next is.