Must split log.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by justinksw, Nov 11, 2005.

1. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

I decided tonight to split up some pieces of wood that were in my garage so we could sit by the fire tonight. Little did I know what I was getting into.

I hacked away at 10 of the 11 pieces and really had no problem at all. Then came #11. The first swing of the axe was like hitting a brick wall. My next swing was locked in the log so hard I had to pry it out using my feet to hold the log down.

What happened next was a blur. Next thing I know I'm swinging wildly at this stupid log, determined I was going to 'win'. I truly have no idea how many times I swung at that dumb thing.

I have split my fair share of wood in my days, but never have I ever met anything quite like this little 8inch diameter log.

Defeat was not an option for me. I swung and swung until it felt my arms were going to fall off. FINALLY one little piece popped off the side and that was enough for me to call it a 'victory'.

Now I am sore and ready to pass out nect to this fire I have built - which just happens to contain that special little log I spent so much energy on.

Looks like I did win after all.

[​IMG]

Ever have this happen to you before??

2. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

No, but it looks like you got...

[​IMG]

...by a log.

:D

3. Agutrot-

Agutrot- Jack of all Trades

justin ive never heard of you're fighting style before you think i could get a summary?

4. Jesh

Go to the Kuk Sool Won forum in the forums index, there you should be able to get everything you want.

5. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Actually I've had this happen and I won with a wedge and a sledge. Train smarter to train harder. :D

6. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I think we all know what the problem here is; you trained in a traditional wood chopping school and only practiced compliant chopping skills, so of course you couldn't use it on a fully resisting log. :rolleyes: :D

7. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

What kind of wood is that anyway? It looks like Black Oak.

8. Jesh

Good analysis. He should have used a mixed wood chopping school. This would have granted him t3h ub3r l337 5k1ll5 to take his axe to the ground through the log.

:D

9. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

I was really wishing I had a sledge on this one!

I don't know, and it's too late to tell. I only had two of them and they have since turned to ash and smoke.