Mushroom workout LOLs

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Mushroom, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yay!

Its still wobbly though.

I mmmmmmmay have a wrestling bout in November. I'm already walking at 85kg and a lot stronger to boot.

Just need the skillez

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Glad to see you back lifting! :)

3. Mushroom

I actually never stopped.....I've just been (umm....) lazy with the posting.

Usually its lift , shower , work. Or work , lift, home.

4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Shame on you! It should be lift, post on MAP, shower etc...

5. Mushroom

Bench DB
    28kg x8x3

Incline Bench
    25kg x8x3

Cable Flyes

(over)
    15kg x10x3

(under)
    15kg x10x3

Pushups - 30 x2

As mentioned to FishoDoom, now trying Oly lifting.

Clean and Jerk
    15kg Dumbells 8x3

Barbell (empty) 10x3

Reason being is that I want to be familiar with some movements first before I risk slamming metal into my teeth.

Next day.

Bent Over Rows
    60kgs 10x3

Pullups
    10 x3 (last few assisted with a bench )

Lat Pull Downs

50kg 10x3

T Bar Row (1 hand)

30kg x8x3

Deadlift

90kg x 5

100kg x5x2(new PB again!)

#sciatica

6. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

EVERYONE OLYMPIC LIFT!
    WOOOHOOO!

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

8. Mushroom

Yay! I have no clue what Im doing!

Woot!

9. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Take something from the floor an put it above your head then swear a little, works for me :)

10. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

what he said :D

11. Mushroom

Bench

Oly bar only x20 x2 (warm up)

60kg x8 x2

80kg x5

90kg x4 (past body weight, yay!)

-
    Incline Bench

50kg x10 x3

was throwing these up to the point where the bar was leaving my hands, heavier next time!

-
    Flyes
    15kg DB x10 x3

-

Pushups x 20 (struggled)

==

Today

OHP
    40kg x 8 x2

50kg x4

-

Front Row Raise

40kg x10 x3

-

12. Mushroom

Gains!

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      63.6 KB
      Views:
  13. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

how does when even press that imbalanced?!

14. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

The colour of that guy's head looks more worrying than how he missed that lift:eek:

15. Mushroom

Yesterday

3hrs Boxing. Basic pad/bag work and shadowboxing. Back to basics.

Today

Zercher Squats

40kg x 8 x1
    50kg x 8 x2

Once again more on concentrating on form rather than weight. Back straight, bum out and low squat as possible.

Seated Calf Raise
    40kg x 10 x3

Crosstrainer - 20mins

Burpees with Knees - 10x3

Shadowbox - 3 rounds @ 2mins

16. Mushroom

Bit of wrestling and No Gi, rust is still there, grip is not as strong but I'm getting my fluidity back. Whats frustrating is that I know the escapes, I know the counters but the body freezes..its lile the reverse of muscle memory.

Weight is on track, might be a bit under tho (thank Coma for that).

17. Mushroom

Ok so I went in, for a double category Subs and Freestyle, knowing that due to a mix of injuries, scheduling and basically lack of training in said art for about 2yrs...Lets say I didn't have my hopes up. But hey, when someone asks me for a comp I'm always willing, I'm stupid that way.

I didnt do well at all, pretty much got mauled and I got outpointed in silly situations. And by complete fluke I got placed...I'm not happy and refuse to accept that award for 3rd but I'll stick it on mantlepiece with the other medals as a reminder.

In the subs...well. Got killed. The only saving grace is that in 1 match my muscle memory kicked in and I spent about 3mins defending a very tight guillotine. While being choked, I could sneak oxygen in through my nose and stay composed. I got side mount and tried escape, leg got hooked and spun over, I countered with a sweep. In the end I tapped with about 20seconds to spare.

Anyhoo, I went under a new diet regime. In October I weighed 87kg and had 4kg to lose...the day before the comp I weighed 81kg, this was basically because I didn't feel I had lost that much weight. I felt strong and not even that dry. (Probably even stronger since I been benching between 70 and 80kg comfortably..still dont know what my 1rep max is yet).

This brings me to what I have been thinking for a while. Im 34, my left elbow is all over the place, right knee is shot and sciatica is creeping in. I'm wondering if I should have a change of direction in my MA, I do have the drive to train, I just dont know if I want to compete again. Its currently the case of the techniques are in my head but my body isnt reacting as well as I want it to be.

I got a few boxes left to tick and theres talk if I want to drop weight as clearly Im too small for 84kg.

Will see..but currently I'm happy to have pizza.....very soon.

18. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Stupid?? That's called heart where I come from.

You'd mentioned something about a coma in your post before last. Apparently I missed something...

19. Mushroom

Cheers BT.

"Coma" as in the Mod formerly known as (now goes by Gareth) basically came up with a plan for me. Won't go in with much details but it was a 'happy' cut. I wasn't hungry and thirsty and as above...I didn't even notice the weight going. I was lighter yet still strong. Because of this I think I can actually drop further and go for a much lighter weight class. Of course different disciplines have their own groups/limits so I'll probably still be up and down depending on which limit I go for...if I still want to that is.
    (I still have a fresh unused Amatuer Boxing licence so thats one).

I have been bandying about 'retiring' for a while now...in fact I think I even mentioned it in this thread before. I know my comp days have been few and far between (I actually took a comp before my wedding and another just before my honeymoon....Shroomette was not happy)..but I'll be having a chat with my trainers and see where I go.

20. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Well, glad to have cleared that up. I was thinking "...okay the longest gap occurs between July and Sept of '12...'Shroom must've had an accident then, but nothing was mentioned" :thinking: LOL!

I'd never guessed, the way it was written, that it was somebodies handle. Yep, comas will most definitely take the weight off one.