Muay Thai on TV/DVD in the UK ?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by philliphall, Nov 17, 2005.

1. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

Do any cable channels show Thai Boxing in the UK?. All I have seen is 'Now is the time...' on Channel 5. Does anyone know where I can get some (cheap) DVDs of Thai bouts ?. Anything of a good standard just to watch, learn and be inspired would be great. Thanks for any help.

2. Webdunk

Webdunk Muay Thai Diary

Men & Motors had some Thai / MMA / Kickboxing on for a bit - don't know if it's still running.

Might be worth joining Amazon Rentals for a bit - you can get a fair few Thai DVDs off that. I'll send you a link if your eMail's in your profile...

3. ThaiMantis

ThaiMantis New Member

eurosport

have a lot of fighting, Fight Club with K1 etc

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

By this Christmas in the UK you will be able to get the recent S-1 and WBC bouts that were fought here at the 2005 Hong Kong Xplosion, Night of Champions.

This has some real interesting match ups on it.... Australian, Nathan 'Carnage' Corbett v.s. Korean fighter Chung Ho, it's got Buakkaw v.s. Skarbowsky, it's got Magamedov v.s. Nuengtrakarn... and more.

and it's got.... drum roll please.... Me! :eek:

Yes I am the fight commentator!
    So you can here me giving the play by play and commentary on the fighters backgrounds!

So by all means run out and pick it up. Available on Buena Vista DVD. :D
    How's that for shameless self promotion!

5. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

I might buy it just for this feature. :p

6. slipthejab

Thanks! :D

You will also be able to hear me commentating on the forthcoming Kings Cup Muay Thai Championship fights this December in Bangkok, Thailand. :eek:

They will also be released for the UK, US and Australia.

7. tiptoe

tiptoe New Member

slipthejab when will this be and what channel will it be on

8. slipthejab

There is probably not much chance of catching this on the tele - unless you get Thai television by satelite.

Both of the above mentioned fight promotions will be available on DVD.