Muay Thai home study course.

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by fire cobra, Jul 7, 2009.

1. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Man the adverts for this course by Scott Sullivan are all over the place and its doing my head in! watch the clips guys this is not Muay Thai,any one out there tempted to buy it Keep your money in your pocket!.:eek:

2. fakii

fakii Valued Member

Muay Thai home study course

Thnx man i was going to spend ma money .. u just saved me ..:)

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Your welcome bro,If you want any Thai/Kickboxing tapes go for Rob Kamans series,Its not traditional Muay Thai exactly but more his way of fighting,they are very good tapes.:)

4. UNarmed

UNarmed Valued Member

I would never spend my hard earned cash on some martial arts home study course. I much prefer a real instructor and some good reading =]

5. fakii

fakii Valued Member

i was going to pay but fire cobra saved me lolx.. thanks to him i have join a club and its much better then a home course believe me. training with other ppl sharing exprience and sparring is totally different exprience than a home training course.... i mean much better lolx

6. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Pleased to here you have joined a good club bro,keep us informed of your training.:)

7. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Good luck fakii, welcome to the Muay Thai club. :)

8. fakii

fakii Valued Member

lolx got it bro wot u wanna say ... anyways thanks alot. i have gathered enough information about many styles and muay thai suits me well so i jond the club.
    ^_^

9. clansullivan

clansullivan New Member

"Fire cobra" has attacked me with this same post on Tim Mousel's Defend forum. Please understand that I don't engage in "forum wars" (and I won't respond here again) but again feel like I need to post my same response here:

My credentials are as stated on my website. I have been doing Muay Thai since 1986. I have been privileged to learn many of my things from Ajarn Surachai Sirisute (but my knowledge is not limited even there). In fact, the videos on You Tube that you criticize contain things that I learned directly from him! I don't know if that is good enough for you, but that's the plain and simple truth.

Moreover, I have a tremendous amount of very happy and satisfied customers from all over the world. The testimonials on my site are 100% legitimate. They include both beginners and those who have an extensive amount of experience in Muay Thai (not to mention I have other testimonials that I have not yet been able to post). One can also see my feedback on my Ebay page: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=clansullivan&ftab=AllFeedback . There you will see pure first hand comments - untouched by me - about my videos.

Our Muay Thai course is not a "black belt mail order program". It is a way for someone to learn Muay Thai who is otherwise unable i.e., no gym in their area, can't attend a gym because of scheduling, etc. It is also for those who want to supplement their training with some extra training at home.

There are also new additions to the series that I think will benefit many people. We just released the advanced series (www.MuayThaiHomeStudy.com/advanced) and have some "on location in Thailand" series from a couple of trainers in Thailand that should be out early next year 2010.

"Fire cobra" will no doubt respond with something like "I've trained in Thailand for a long time and this isn't Muay Thai". All I can say is fine, he is entitled to his opinion - what I teach may not be his style or to his liking, but it is indeed the Muay Thai that I have learned and developed from Ajarn Chai and others. Moreover, others who have trained a lot in Thailand have given my course very good reviews.

As a matter of fact, I'll post a coupon code right here for anyone who wants to try it out. Type this code MUAYTHAI25OFF in the shopping cart during checkout and it'll take off 25% of either the original course here:

www.MuayThaiHomeStudy.com

or the advanced course here:

www.MuayThaiHomeStudy.com/advanced

("fire cobra" - you are welcome to use the coupon code too :) )

Finally, I would say that if anyone has any questions, they are more than welcome to contact me personally. I do not withhold my contact information, and I do not hide behind a screen name.

Sincerely,

Scott M. Sullivan
    Chief Instructor
    Bam Bam Martial Arts
    4007 Bellaire Blvd. Suite ii
    Houston TX 77025
    (713) 307-5375
    Email: scott@BamBamMartialArts.com
    Web: www.BamBamMartialArts.com

10. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Yeah Scott Im here to!;)

And I have to say exactly what you said Id say,that the clips dont show how Boxers in Thailand train or perform there art.

Perhaps Im missing something? how about posting some further clips on here or you tube etc to show us for example plam? or chern Muay(len Muay)? wai Kru perhaps?.:)

11. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Yeah Scott Im here to!;)

And I have to say exactly what you said Id say,that the clips dont show how Boxers in Thailand train or perform there art as Ive seen in Thailand.

Perhaps Im missing something? how about posting some further clips on here or you tube etc to show us for example plam? or chern Muay(len Muay)? wai Kru perhaps?.:)

12. raging demon

raging demon Banned Banned

you wont learn just by watching, you need someone to monitor you and correct your mistakes.