Movies you liked that others disliked

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by koolaid, Jun 20, 2007.

1. koolaid

koolaid Valued Member

I usually can find something I like in every film.

a few movies i really liked that many others seemed to dislike were.....

DOA : Dead or Alive
    Ballistic : Ecks vs Sever
    Resident evil 1 & 2

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

The critics all hated Mallrats, which I think is teh aceness.

Um... can't think of many others...

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Good lord, there's probably thousands of them. :)

Anything by Paul Anderson is a good candidate really. Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, Event Horizon, Alien vs. Predator. (Actually, that last one was kinda pants, but...)

4. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

I love the original italian job butthe wife hates it
    also th esame case with
    wrong turn, children of the corn,Donnie Darko
    hell i could go on for hours

5. Moosey

That's grounds for divorce. C'mon Hoosey, you can do better than her.

I've got a soft spot for Event Horizon too. I quite fancy watching that now...

6. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

Actually I think Event Horizon is the only Paul Anderson movie I didnt think was utter garbage. Alien vs Predator was a crime against the genre. You got Predator. You got Aliens. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SCREW IT UP??!!
    But he did. :cry:

I liked Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. Mock if you will. :p

7. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I'm sure there are lots. Big Trouble in Little China is definitely one. I thought it was just hysterical.

8. koolaid

koolaid Valued Member

Hehe Romy and Michelle's high school reunion is definately a guilty pleasure movie for me aswell.

Its ok, we both know we are cool. it is everyone else who doesnt like romy and michelle that are uncool.

9. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

As Moosey said 'Mallrats' was much ripped to shreds on it's release but the movie is awesome. Where else can you find a topless fortune teller with three nipples?? Discussions on Superhero appendages?? Tish the Dish?? And the 'God damned Sailboat'?? I'll tell you where, 'Mallrats' and in 'Mallrats 10th Anniversary Edition'. :D

10. Raven001

Raven001 New Member

hey I liked Romy and Michelle too :p . another good one is King of the Kickboxers with Loren Avedon and Billy Blanks

11. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Yes indeed! It didn't help that they paid a slight homage to the books but screwed around with it too much.

If they'd have stuck to the book's plot it would of been cracking.

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

A lot of people hated 'American Beauty', but I really like it.

13. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Water World!

I really liked it.

14. SiAiS

SiAiS Moved on

Spider Man 3 .... Yuk!

15. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas, I thought was fantastic but only knew of 2 others that liked it.

Event Horizon here also.

16. Chimpcheng

I thought it was the other way round. The critics and audiences raved about it. I saw it at the cinema and apart from Mena Suvari as a cheerleader it blew and it sucked.

I quite liked 'Judge Dredd'. Sure apart from the costumes and a half-hearted attempt at a 'block war' it bore little resemblance to the 2000AD comic.

17. southern jester

southern jester New Member

the best example of a movie that i liked while others disliked would be the movie adaptation of the marvel comics character daredevil.

just about everyone that i have mentioned the movie to not only disliked the movie they hated it. there seems to be any number of reasons. most often it seems the actor ben affleck (who plays daredevil) is cited as the biggest reason for not liking the movie. no fan of him either yet didnt let that affect my enjoyment of the film. there have been a few comments about other cast members (except jennifer garner) and some felt the movie was boring.

way back in the day used to read marvel comics and daredevil was among my favorite characters. was pleased to see daredevil had been adapted into a movie and more so because my son really wanted to see the film. enjoyed the movie and was suprised to here most people did not.

18. Moosey

Ah c'mon - NOBODY likes that do they?

19. Chimpcheng

I found it enjoyable, okay it isn't a patch on the other Marvel comics movie adaptations but it was far from being a turkey. Apparently the Director's Cut is almost a different and better movie, though I've not seen it yet.

Okay, this will have questioning my sanity, but, 'Pearl Harbour' was great. :D ;)

20. SiAiS

SiAiS Moved on

Why on God's earth would anyone want to subject themselves to someone else's psychotic episode?