Most violent style?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Marku, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

What style is quite aggressive for offensive? (Most damaging, painful techniques etc)

2. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

Well, Jiu Jitsu is painful, most of the UFC fighters do it, Submission fighting is also quite bad. Muay Thai (because i do it :D)

3. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Boxing, Thai boxing

I think it comes down more to the fighter's mentality and aggression though.

4. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

Yeah, i didnt realise that on PADS you are supposed to hit as hard as you want, so now i just let out all the agression i dont let out at life (im a goody goody)

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

As always it's largely down to the artist rather than the art.

6. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

that Ninja(ninjitzu or however its spelt) style was originally for the purpose of killing wasnt it?

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'd say Muay Thai for most damaging/painful etc, but it does depend on the person. Knockdown karate can be pretty aggressive and painful when its done properly.

8. Sweeet

Sweeet Valued Member

Ninjutsu is quite vicious. At least, that's how my instructor teaches it, and that's my natural compulsion in a fight - efficiency.

There are those nasty things such as eye jabs, muscle twisting and grabbing (in clinch) and lots of limb destructions that we're taught - perhaps borrowed from Escrima systems. Oh yeah, and elbows and knees... lots of em :)

9. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

Sounds pretty cool. I better be cautious against any ninjutsu people.

10. Sweeet

Sweeet Valued Member

In reality, the question doesn't apply - I'd say. All styles can be violent - it depends on the practitioner. We only have 4 limbs, there's only so many ways you can use em' :) Even the most 'docile' style you can think of can be vicious if it is applied that way.

11. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

12. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

Muay Thai sounds quite popular on this forum, its mentioned almost everywhere..

13. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

It depends entirely on the practitioner, I know a few Aikido guys who're really vicious and some Thai guys who're real puppies!

Col

14. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

Any style you practice if you have the mentality. A "docile" art like tai chi has strong techniques and applications, but like any way of fighting it has to be taught right.

15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

most vicious

Muay thai, silat, and jujutsu are the big 3 in my book.

16. jejanim

jejanim New Member

any form of martial art can be destructive and vicious..it just depends on the student and the situation he/she is in.

jeja

17. khafra

khafra New Member

From what I've read, Sambo teaches fairly brutal techniques.

And there's always point shooting, that's pretty blunt and merciless.