Morrowind

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by airweaver, Jul 18, 2010.

1. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

Any fans here of this most excellent game?

I am playing it now and am playing an argonian assassin.

2. rivend

rivend Valued Member

I was addicted to that game and still like to play Are you playing "The Elder Scrolls"

3. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I'm a big fan of the whole series, one of the best current RPGs available.

5. Hyper_Shadow

Hyper_Shadow Valued Member

Morrowind is absolutely amazing. I was hooked when I first played it and I was hooked through the expansions. The P.C version has a lot of awesome mods available as well if you look for them.

6. righty

righty Valued Member

Awesome.

I actually liked Morrowind better than Oblivion.

7. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I'm playing oblivian at the moment, and so far don't like it nearly as much as Morrowind.

One of the most emersive games I've ever played, my pimped out house in Balmora was my pride and joy...ahem

8. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

OMG my favourite game of all time!!

I dug it out the other day for lack of anything new to play and still can't believe that despite its age, it's such a brilliant game.

"If you become diseased, people will like you less."

9. Adam.C

Adam.C New Member

The game is absolutely awesome, I was somewhat sad that the Oblivion Story didn't seem as awesome (even though mechanics wise it was improved).

The Expansions where also quite enjoyable.

House Telvanni ftw!

10. rivend

rivend Valued Member

I had a whole library of books and a bunch of weapons stashed in a temple room in Balmora. It was the PC version you folks make me want to load that again . :wow: Did you play the mod with the ninjas?

11. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Yeah I had library too, and shelves with the best weapons and armour on show. I never played any of the mods, shame cos I've heard some were awesome?

I did play through the two expansions both of which I really liked, well worth playing.

12. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Morrowind...I still have a poster of the map hang on my wall.

The expansions Bloodmoon and Mournhold were equally good. I have the Xbox version so I never had the chance to play the mods.

Oblivion was fine, but Morrowind has yet to be surpassed by another TES.

My Dark Elf assassin, and War Wizard (High Elf with very high magic *Mantle of Woe* but has some powerful melee skills *Long Blade*), are still running around once in a while.

The story is awesome, the graphics are awesome, but the only thing that could have been improved is the melee combat system (change options to *Always use best attack*? lol...).

13. rivend

rivend Valued Member

This is not from any of the expansion packs i have seen just a great picture by some individual. But it looks like it could be

Attached Files:

14. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Yeah that pics fro ma mod. Actually the mods that can be downloaded for this game are what make it. If you've only ever played it without mods then you've onnly played 10% of what this games capable of.

Through sheer coincidence I started replaying it a few weeks ago and one of the best mods I found was one which does away with the whole levelling up schtick. Instead, what it does is link all your main stats, as well as health, fatigue and stamina, to your skills directly. What it means is that instead of levelling up a bunch of skills then all of a sudden getting a big increase in stats etc. It constantly gives you a tiny small gain every time you level up a stat. It does al this crap in the background so you don't even have to stop to click on crap for it.

15. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I never heard of the game until I got deployed in '08. My brother hooked me up with a copy and loaded it onto my laptop. Needless to say, a lot of downtime got spent playing the game. It got to the point where it wasn't even fair because of how awesome my spell-using thief got.

I started off buying two spells, Chameleon at 100% for like 5 seconds and Open Lock at 100%. From there I stole everything you could possibly see, including every single item from every single store I came across. Once I got enchantments (which I conveniently stole from the enchanter in Balmora), it got even worse. I ended up buying every skill to 100% before I even did half of the main quest.

16. Master Betty

Yeah the game is entirely too easy to break - but again, there's many many mods out there that can correct this in a variety of ways.

17. rivend

rivend Valued Member

That is an interesting approach.

18. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

You can become unstoppable in just a few hours if you know what you're doing.

I personally like to levitate and reck vengence on the peaceful ihhabitants of Vivic, Dagon Fel, Gnisis, Khuul, Tel Vos, etc. by making a spell 100-100 damage Fire, Frost, and Spark, and just hurling them randomly at npcs.

"YOU EN-WAH"

19. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Where do you go to sell items then if you have a bounty on your head?From attacking the towns?

levitation.. is a real plus have to have it but i had a wizard's staff of levitation i got in a cave, had like two minutes flight time

20. Master Betty

Well if you know where all the tiems are it's ridiculously easy to get some good weapons and armor straight from the start. You can get the Ring of the Mentor (+10 to willpower and intelligence constantly) right from the start in a tiny little starter dungeon. Just south you can discover an abandoned ebony mine that you can sell the location of to a bunch of different people for rewards like 10000 gold, spells and daedric weapons.

It's worth also looking up "morrowind speed runs" on youtube- there's people can complete the main quest in a matter of minutes of starting lol.