Morrowind

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by MerKaBa, Dec 10, 2004.

1. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

Any Elder Scrolls fans here?

I was a Morrowind addict all year, I have about 2 dozen fully devoloped characters that I've beaten the game with every which way and I'm still not bored with the game. It's the best I've ever played

2. choconutjoe

choconutjoe New Member

That game stole my life. Then my computer broke, and I my life back. As soon as the computer is fixed I will lose my life once again.

Have you seen the screen shots for the new elder scrolls game? I honestly can't beleive how good the graphics are, it's unbeleivable.

click

3. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

i've beaten the game 2ce from scratch.

Great game . Just needs a difficulty addon because its too easy.

4. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

I liked the game, personally, but my only beef with it is the combat system: shields didn't seem to do jack for you, and I hit a guy in the face with an arrow. Just a normal walking-around-normal-townie-NPC guy, and I hit him in the face with an ARROW. He stopped what he was doing and killed me. Hell I couldn't even finish one of the quests where you gotta kill a bunch of drow in the beginning because they'd all gang up on me and I'd have to run away like a sissy. :cry:

5. GeeniusAtWurk

GeeniusAtWurk Valued Member

God I love that game. There are so many side quests and user mods for that game it hurts my brain to think about it. And of course, I'll be buying Oblivion when it comes out, cuz i just got a brand new top o the line comp. Yayness for the me!

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

its a good game, but some of the quests really do feel like chores. like when you are running around vivec interviewing those 3 people, my god that was just a pain in the ass. and a total lack of interactivity- nothing really ever happens. it just feels like everyone is a cardboard cut out, they dont even sleep like in daggerfall. speaking of which, it uses the same combat system in arena, daggerfall, and morrowind- it really is time for an upgrade. hand to hand combat in this game sucks.

7. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

I completely agree with Ikken's points, but it didn't stop it being one of the best gaming experiences I've had.

8. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

ya i agree too.

The most annoying thing about Morrowind for me is that it was "dead". The people just didn't exist. No speech just reading stuff rendered charachters said, people just standing there day and night, millions of the same faces. I would prefer just having 1/3 of the population provided they had some life in them.

I liked the combat though.

If you don't know what i mean you really should check out gothik. (and vampire bloodlines for something more recent. )

9. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

I liked Morrowind, but my computer wasn't so hot for it. It was kind of laggy.

I personally prefer Daggerfall, in all it's rediculous glory. Those dungeons were huuuuuuuuuge.

10. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

What's great about this game is that you can make it more difficult by roleplaying. Glad to see there are a few fellow fans here. Oblivion is really looking awesome. Even though it's not gonna be as big as Morrowind it is gonna be a lot more realistic because of the way NPC's live, just read the article in Octobers issue of Game Informer.

Also on the official Elder Scrolls Forum the devs are currently taking suggestions for TES:IV :)

PS

I know what you're all thinking and I've already suggested multiple hand to hand fighting styles ;)

11. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

Everything you mentioned here will change once you get to higher levels. With some of my uber chars if I even aim my bow at them the NPC dies of a heart attack, and as for the Dunmer (Drow is a modded race ;)) in the Balmora Council Club you're reffering to you just have to get stronger and upgrade your weapons, stealth, or magic.

12. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

Well I got a gift cert for the local video store, so if they don't have KotOR 2 or Halo 2, I'll retry Morrowind. I really wanna try BG: Dark Alliance 2, though :)

13. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

BG 2 is another good game, but I don't think it's nearly as good as Morrowind, and I wouldn't reccomend renting Morrowind since after about 2 years of playing I still haven't done everything there is to do in that game (you could get a pretty big late fee for that), and you can buy the GOTY edition for about $15 now ;).

Is KotOR 2 out yet? Halo 2 is a good one to rent because the single player game is pretty quick, but fun. Though if you have X-Box live or a lot of friends with x-boxes you may want to buy that one also because of the multiplayer value :)

14. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

kotor 2 should be out by now; I've heard rumors about it being out in the States back on the 6th. You're right about Morrowind, though, and that's exactly why I bought kotor 1 instead of renting it.

If you haven't played Armed and Dangerous, you should definitely put it on your list. It's a short one, but it's funny, has sorta-celtic music in the sound track, and a really bad Empire Strikes Back reference :p

15. Dojo

Dojo Shotokan fanatic

I've made some upgrades at my comp just to be able to play the darn thing. LOVED it and still LOVE it :D It has got some flaws, but it was great. Of course I'm still playing it. I've met a nice community at the manufacturer's site, Elder Scrolls. Very informative. I got stuck few times and they provided some good help.
    Now I'm playing Sacred and love it too. Oh these games :Angel:

16. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

He he, I used to sit on that site all day helping people that got stuck... not as much anymore though.

17. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

World of Warcraft has everything Morrowind had, better and on-line. The NPCs seem very alive. Crafting, factions, quests, side-quests, dungeons...

Right now I ahve a 19th level Warlock (demon summoner) who is alse an expert fisherman, a journeyman tailor, and has just started learing to cook. He is also becoming a skiled enchanter, and can crate magic items for his own use or to sell.

One trip on a gryphon from Ironforge to Stormwind city will hook you for life.

18. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

I just personally don't like MMORPG's.