Mormonism

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by vampyregirl, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Were they familair with the Egyptian of the Greca Roman period? No they had only tudied Egyptian from the Middle Kingdom, an earlier period. Lanny Bell, an Egyptologist with the Oriental Institute, who did research in Egypt for over 20 years, points that out and points out there errors.
    BTW people can interpet visions differently.

2. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

3. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Mayan temple and BofM

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5I504_Olrg"]Mayan Temples and The Book of Mormon - YouTube[/ame] It was long held that Popul Vuh, a Mayan work which is similair to the Christian story of creation and the Great Flood was influnced by Spanish priests but this discovery in 2009 indicates otherwise.

4. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

watch the southpark clip i posted vampiregirl, puts stuff and what mormons say in perspective. are you a mormon, and are you called vampire girl because you read those AWFULL twilight books, by that lady who is also a mormon??

5. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NE4_JSB-NM"]Ancient Mayan city Lamanai and The Book of Mormon - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y33KwIyhpuM"]The Book of Mormon and Mesoamerica - YouTube[/ame]

6. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

WHy do passages from 1 and 2 Nephi match word for word passages from the Isaiah Scroll? Why is Land of Jerusalem, a term not used in the Bible, used throughout the BofM and the Dead Sea Scrolls? Why do the Book of Mormon and Dead Sea Scrolls tell similair stories concerning Jewish law and execution of heretics? Lot of coincidence wouldn't you say?

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Gentlemen, please stay on topic.

We don't want threads derailed before they get going.
    I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with a point or view, lets not start trolling though.

Simon.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Why does the BoM contain the exact same errors as the KJV on several key points?

9. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

If the church is racist why are there temples in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and other African nations? LDS believe we are all children of God.

10. robin101

what about the whole magic tablets in the dudes hat that only he could look at with the special glasses??

11. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

The tablets weren't magic. Their location was revealed to Joseph Smith by Moroni. Interesting, when he said they written in a mix of Hebrew and Egyptian he was called a liar. We now know he was talking about Paleo Hebrew, a language unknown to scholars at the time. It was used in ancient Israel before the babylonain conquest.
    Read the testimonies of the three witnesses and the 8 witnesses and the testimony of Joseph Smith if you really want to know about the plates.

12. robin101

and what about the fact that he kept them in his hat and only he could see them...with special glasses???

13. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

it wasn't that only he could see them, it was only he could read them. Like i said read the testimonies of the witnesses who also saw them.

14. robin101

so you read the testemonies of some people that said they saw the base religious text for your whole faith??? surely you would be a whole lot more confident if they were still around and maybe authonticated by archelogical process, maybe carbon dating , to make sure it was as old as Joseph smith claimed, or from the areas he claimed?

15. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Like i said read. Joseph Smith held onto to the plates until Moroni returned for them. the plates are no longer on this earth.
    You need to read the testimonies of Joseph Smith and the witnesses. http://mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon/ to order a free Book of Mormon.

16. robin101

no longer on this earth ...how...convienient..yea

17. robin101

oh by the way had a book of mormon , my methodist dad converted two who came by the house , left the book to show they didnt wanna be mormons anymore ( i am non anything, my religious views are....complicated). Man that was some messed up stuff. watch the south park vid

18. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I can barely handle one woman in my life. I don't need any more.

19. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Well I'm not even sure what to make of that response. Are you denying it happened? The fact that you aren't "aware" is hardly news.

The official LDS on-line historical record says he did. So he must have. Why would the LDS church lie about something like that? I mean I could understand if they covered it up. But it's right there on their own web site. They're very open in admitting it happened. They're very open that it was church policy for a number of years. They don't even hide the fact it was still on going in other countries as recently as 1998. They also state very clearly why the policy ended.

Incidentally it's "wife's" not "wifes".

20. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Is it all coincidence? Or something much deeper?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.