Morihei Ueshiba encounters?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Edgeorge, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

O.K., Hannibal, I can see that you are of the type, 'don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up.'
    What is your opinion on the Chinese master on that post that I gave?
    If you are incapable of believing in ki, chi, prana, or what we american indians call orinda,
    I guess you will always be a disbeliever

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Chi in terms of something mystical is bunk, plain and simple.

It is not up to us to prove it, it is up to you to do so. You have made the claims so back it up with proof. Saying "I was there" is not enough.

I am lucky enough to have some very good Tai Chi instructors. These instructors are lucky enough to have been made disciples of some of China's most respected Tai Chi exponents. We all talk of chi and energy, but they all debunk the theory of anything mystical. In fact I have been told that if you travel to China, mix in these circles and claim anything supernatural or mystical you will get laughed out of the room.

It is not that we are incapable of believing, it is a case of show us then.

As Hannibal said "James Randi has a million dollars to anyone who can prove under lab conditions chi, phsycic capacity, mind reading etc".To date no-one has claimed the money.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No I am more of the "don't confuse me with myth, legend and innuendo show me the facts"

I can see you have your feet firmly in the unicorns and pixies camp

4. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

Drinking of alcohol before or after training would not be unheard of as part of the culture in places where training involved katai-keiko. Less common these days with the availability of steroids and pain killers.

If you can't give your real identity, then all you have to do is find someone who will provide their real identity that was there to vouch for your claims. This is a thread about personal encounters with masters... no third-party references such as reporters count. Only your own personal experiences. Find someone to vouch for your claims that was there or had similar experiences.

If you can't do this, then please go create your own thread. IMHO.

As for the level of belief and Chinese person you linked to... my level of belief is that it has to be proven in isolation, that is no sight, not sound, no touch, no smell... if you can prove ki exist in the absence of all of the before mentioned, then you that is the level of belief I'm at. In other words, stick uke and you in separate rooms with no way to see, hear, etc. each other and prove ki works.

Have a nice day.

5. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

Does that mean you refuse to look at the video?
    Yes, I worked with the great Zhang manching, considered the greatest tai chi master of the last 100 years. He had great chi as well.
    But, if you won't even look at the video, how can you call me a troll?

6. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

You guys are really amazing, you claim to be in aikido, but you don't even believe in ki.
    Nothing 'under the skin' for you guys, pure behavior science.
    So, what is it that you actually believe in?
    I'm from an indian tribe, we had a guy that could make it rain.
    Giants walked the earth in those days,
    And, then there was the matter of Jesus,
    But you don't even seem to want to consider the possibility of something beyond your ken. (and I don't mean 'kin')
    Too Bad.
    Let me try one more master on you, see what anyone thinks about this guy.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread647592/pg1

7. embra

embra Valued Member

This thread is a thread about Morihei Ueshiba, and as seems to be almost par for the course is getting blown of course into mystical mumbo-jumbo land including Tai Chi.

Both Aikido and Taichi suffer from so much tosh getting yacked about Ki/Chi. Although the 2 arts do share some similar principles (but very different application mindset), the evolution of the 2 arts are distinct and different.

We have plenty of Chi/Ki thread waffle-todge in this thread and many others. A sensible exchange of Misogi and Aiki with Chi, Qi Gong and Neigong is possible; but not in this forum, as it just invites too much random noise. This forum (MAP) generally better addresses more tangible aspects of both TCC and Aikido.

Unfortunately, both seem to be slipping into an internet disease of ki-tosh in this forum.

8. Hannibal

Ok I'm about at my limit with idiocy for the day

I call Troll - Ban pls

:ban:

9. embra

embra Valued Member

Scottish Ki...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrrBs8JBQo"]YouTube - Braveheart In Defiance Of The English Tyranny! BRAVO[/ame]

At 0.55 there is a quote regarding lightening bolts.

Thats about as polite as I can put it.

10. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

o.k., and no one here but me claims to have met osensei. So what is this thread really about? It seems to be about invalidation, mostly.
    I'll tell you why I can't reveal myself. Osensei gave aikido to Tohei, not his son. Because of that, Tohei, the only person promoted to 10th dan by osensei, was kicked out of aikido, and I went out with him. So, I'm persona non grata now. And I'll stay that way. Many super serious american aikidoka went out as well. Probably at least a hundred left, and, either stayed with Tohei, in 'KI', or went to the 'new aikido', or went to other arts. osensei died in the arms of Saito. Kissomaru Ueshiba allowed Saito to stay on, and teach jo and bokken, but, when Saito died, the Saito name was swept out of aikido as well. Right now, if you were previously promoted in a Saito school, your rank may be registered in Hombu. But if you try to get promoted again, Hombu will not recognize you. You think you're practicing the present aikido, but you're not. The Saito family live close to the Ueshiba family, but they don't get along.
    All promotion in Ueshiba family aikido now has to go through hombu or Iwama,
    Saito Aikido now becomes a branch of aikido. Sort of like the way karate branched out.

11. embra

embra Valued Member

claiming 'meeting' Ueshiba - one aspect - I might have met him in the grocery store - but that doesn't mean diddley.
    Chi/Ki exists/doesnt exist/what is it etc - another aspect.
    Relationship between Aikido and Taichi/Bagua - another aspect.

Summary Of == Waffle Todge.

Most folk on this forum are fed up with it.

12. embra

embra Valued Member

John Chang has been yacked about on this forum in various threads, nothing conclusive deduced - BUT nothing to do with a)Ueshiba or b)Aikido.

I cant see from a video evidence of anything - you have to experience this to be tangibly plausible.

13. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

I took pa kua and hsing i from competent masters. osensei spent a lot of time in china and tibet, but I don't think he got any techniques from there. I think he got it all from sword practice. Osensei told me personally that tai no hentai move is used in every single aikido throw. If you do kotegaeshi with only one spin move, and one walk through. that is actually aikijitsu, not ueshiba aikido.
    Ki went out of aikido when Tohei went out of aikido. I spent the entire 60s in the far east. I worked out with 8 'head of house', not only osensei and zhang manching, but Seiga of Okinawa, Wong of pa kua/hsing I, others in taikwon do, moy thai, etc.
    In tai chi, they say 1 in 300 practicioners will develop clarvoyance, and one in 300 of those will develop spirituality.
    I took clarvoyance, etc. into combat in vietnam. I saw more combat than 99% of all marines and special forces.
    I only saw Tohei once, because he was always in the states when I was in Japan.
    Just before he was kicked out of Aikido, I met some of his students in South San Francisco.
    I ran into something I never believed I would see.
    White guys with ki.
    When Tohei got kicked out, those white guys quit, as I did.
    Tohei is persona non qrata now, but he was the only person besides osensei who was allowed to dodge bullets. Kissomaru was not allowed. The uyeshiba family now won't admit that.
    Right after WWII, an american name Goode, from Denver, an expert shot with rifles and hand guns, was allowed to bring all his guns to Iwama, and spend three days trying to shoot Tohei, anyway he could. He did, he even shot at him when Tohei was in an outdoor shower. Never hit him.
    Goode 'converted', and joined aikido after that. He had a school in denver for years. He's probably dead by this time.
    Again, the present Ueshiba family will deny this ever happened. But the Goode family will verify it, if you can get ahold of them.
    With Tohei, if you spent 50 minutes with techniques, you would spend 10 minutes with ki. Misogi, sazen, aikitaiso, etc.
    You guys make fun of ki now, because its not a part of aikido any more.

14. Simon

Once upon a time in a land far far away ...................

15. Hannibal

Had to quote this gem for posterity

16. Simon

It is me, the chosen one.

I knew you were going to say that.

17. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

What amazes me is for such an experienced individual he can't spell the names of some of the arts he's claiming to be involved with.

18. Hannibal

Don't start another kanji argument!

19. roadtoad

roadtoad Valued Member

Yeah, that's great about the spelling. I never did practice with anyone who could speak english. Certainly not osensei or Saito

20. Simon

Fixed.:evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.