Moc Kan Sent - Fla. Kung Fu Inst.?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by masterfinger, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

[​IMG]

ENGLISH MUDDY FUNSTER!!

2. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Which I believe translates as:

Hello friend if you are looking information about Moc-Kan-Sent I have one that is a biogrfia it. Similar to what others have said but according to this he was a monk in his childhood, well, the transcribe:
    "Mok-Kant-Sent born in Canton, China, the seven-year-old hit the doors of the famous Shaolin Temple dfespués of the trials of rigor, was admitted within the pure and hermetic philosophy ogy China. After some years of practice and to absorb knowledge priest reaches the rank of Shao Lin. in a publication KWANG-HWA PUBLISHING COMPANY REPUBLIC OF CHINA TAIPEI devotes an article talking about it as inspired. At eighteen years of age out of China was elected to fulfill the mission of preparing the commands of Korea for the World War II, after completing their mission departing to Puerto Rico and Cuba. later arrives in Mexico, the first knife-thrower who had the floor Mexico is first presented in the theater Blanquita. TV services requests for demonstrations of forms mimicking the movements of the games and how to fight animal, as well as management of the exotic Chinese weapons. Compete in Judo being innumerable triumphs. is recognized as the best competitor with two of his contemporaries, teachers and the late Daniel Hernandez black belt second dan Professor Felix Sosa, later becomes one of the leading roles with the program Aldo Monti "The Bold".
    The cover has great knowledge that 55 styles of Kung Fu. "

Good friend that is the biography we let our teacher Efrain Ponce Sibaja Great Dragon who was a disciple of him and the same Mok-Kant-Sent recommended along with four other China to the Lodge for submission to training. Similar to what they have said only that mean no one talks about the version that he was a monk. Myth or truth. That's what I have I hope you serve.

3. purple dragon

purple dragon New Member

HI,I WONDER IF WE MET AT MOC KAN SENT SCHOOL IN MIAMI,FL ?MY NAME IS MARIO,I HELPED SIFU MOC AFTER ONE YEAR TRAINING HE ASKED ME TO TRAIN ALL THE NEW STUDENTS,HE LET ME DO THIS BECAUSE I COULD NOT AFFORD TO PAY AFTER I GRADUATED HS AND STARTED GOING TO COLLEGE ,HE WAS THE MUST KIND AND BENEVOLENT PERSON I EVER MET, I ALSO TRAVELED TO SAN FRANCISCO CHINA TOWN TO HELP WITH THE FILMING OF THE DEADLY TOUCH,HE WAS LIKE A FATHER TO ME AND WILL NEVER FORGET HIM AND HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS.I WILL SHARE MORE ABOUT MY TIME WITH HIM LATER ON

4. purple dragon

purple dragon New Member

I think years ago I exchanged info with Frank Monsalve of las Vegas ,Nevada about Sifu Moc Kan Sent,since I exchanged e-mails with you I decided to join this site and see if I can find some of my classmates,there were 7 or 8 of us in that class and it was the best group of people I ever met,our Sifu passed away in 1991 from leukimia,I will allways remember him as one of the must important persons in my life.

5. purple dragon

purple dragon New Member

In the 70's when sifu Moc made the movie The Deadly Touch he asked me to take the film to producers of Chariots of the Gods,Sun Productions in Hollywood,Calif,were they turned it down and I shipped the film canister back to him I suppose that Mirta or Frank or Tomas Lee has film now??,I played 3 parts in the movie and he told me 2 parts made the cut,I flew from LA to Frisco where we stayed at the Holiday Inn Chinatown,the Moc family had 600 members in Chinatown and the president and vice president of Chinatown Chamber of Commerce were his cousins who were never without a body guard,during the 10 days we were in Frisco Moc had a dinner for his family at one of the local restaurants,there were 23 people in the picture I was in,Rosendo Rossell and his wife he was a cuban TV actor,a sifu from the city,a german director who was fluent in spanish a makeup artist and film crew of 2 guys who ran the cameras,sound and lights,as soon as I figure out how to put picture in this site I will post them I hope others will do the same,I rrecently found another name for sifu Moc ,it's Francisco Moc Sit in a site that has Cuba's Martial Arts History,I wish everyone the best.

6. bushpilot

bushpilot New Member

Master Moc Kan Sent

Moc Kan Sent started the 1st Kung Fu school in Mexico City, he had a small studio on Insurgentes ave , I studied with him for 3 or 4 years.. when I was very young . He was such a great man, kind and so talented..

7. Biviana Ruffino

Biviana Ruffino New Member

Hi In so happy to read about my Master Mod Kan Sent!!! He has like a father to me. My family met him in Cuba in Tropicana night club because he did some Chinese shows there as well. My father grandparents and aunt where singers at that time. It was around 1955, 1956. He was born in Cantón and because of the communism at age 3 his family moved to Cuba. His father was a great philosopher that's why they left there. At age 5 they send Moc Kan Sent back to a cantonis Temple to be trained there. Not as a monk but as a Kunf Fu Master. He did learn accupuncture, old school kung fu, also learn feng Chui and things that at that time people ignored. It was not allowed to teach kung fu outside China. It was prohibit. At age around 16 he was sent back to Stuttgart his caretaker a Japanese Master , don't remember his name. He did want to the Korea war, he did thought military and police department in Cuba. He open the best judo and karate school that still exist, and he tough baristas son judo. Because of that he left Cuba because he was in the assassination list. He fled to Mexico City with his wife Mirtha, a beautiful Chinese Cuban young girl that also new martial Arts and with her did some Chinese shows in different locations.
    In Mexico they got together with my family and since they never separated. My father and aunt became his students. My older brother Paco Ruffino also was. (years later on, in Puebla he opened his own karate and judo school).
    In Mexico he did tv shiws teaching Judo and he also got hired for a tv show with Aldo Monti a very well respected actor that also became his student. Around 1968 he was able to get his first son (Frank) out of Cuba and in 1970 moved to Miami. Around 1971 he opens the first Kung Fu Academy in Coral way, Miami.
    In 1973, moved also from Mexico to Miami became his student until he died in October 199
    They had a daughter and moved to Miami.
    Hi Gerardo I was also Moc' student but I was like a daughter to him because my family we're always together with him and his wife and daughter since they arrived from Cuba to Mexico and then to Miami. I became his student in 1974 after an open heart surgery, because he said that Kung Fu will help my health, so it did; until he passed in of 1992. The wisdom that I learned from him and Frank his oldest son have save my life in many different ways. Because I learned to observed the movements, not only to defend myself physically but also emotionally and mentally that guided me later on in 1998 to move energy when I became a Holistic Healer.
    In 1990/91, I remember that he brought one of his Masters from China that started to teach Qi Gong. To our surprise, (all of us were black belts) we were in a horse stand position and he asked us to follow what the master had to say. He did not speak English. He just moved his hands and We started to moved like if We were on a swing. We were asked to close our eyes and let ourselves go. We started to moved front and back like if our legs were not in a correct position. That was my first experience with the Qi Gong. They tought us movements that you can watch in YouTube now.
    It was amazing... I am in Miami if you want to get in touch. We probably know each other. They used to call me Chiqui.