Mixed martial artist defeats of Pro Wrestler, Kurt Angle.

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Yukimushu, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Great wrestlers can still be *plonkers* (props Yuki;)). I can't remember Nova, but Dean Malenko was something else. Remember his match with the WCW version of Rey Mysterio (before he filled out most probably due to WWE endorsed steroids ;))?

2. Bolo Gracie

Bolo Gracie New Member

What if, used some of the MMA fighters from the past?

It would have been awesome if they had MMA against MMA. If Ken Shamrock was still in the WWE or, Dan "Beast" Severn were still their Puder would not have stood a chance against them. What about the WCW when they had Scott Norton or, Tank Abott. It would have been awesome to see them fight them. Dan Frye is prodominantly a Greco-Roman wrestler anyway. By the way I think that Mr. Angle received his Gold Metal in Freestyle wrestling not Greco-Roman. They are accually two diffretn styles with diffrent rules.

"You broke my record, now I must break you"-Bolo Yueng

"I don't really care about the money it is about the tradition of my family."-Royce Gracie

3. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

The WWE don't like doing shoots, because they can't control them. The Brawl For All tournament (basically a stand-up 'kickboxing' type tournament they did back in 1997-1998ish) didn't go the way they planned (they wanted either Bradshaw or 'Dr Death' Steve Williams to win: Instead, Bart Gunn won it, then fought Butterbean in a boxing match at Wrestlemania XV, and got KTFO), and obviously the Puder incident was a giant 'Holy crap!' moment from the perspective of the people in charge.

Basically it all boils down to if things don't go the way the McMahons want, they get miffed. :p

4. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Why was this thread resurrected?