Meteor Hammer/Rope Dart

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Camo-sling, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Camo-sling

Camo-sling New Member

Hello,

This is my first post on the forums, I'm very happy to be a part of a martial arts forum!

I have been practicing karate for about 6 years and the rope dart and meteor hammer for about 2 years.

Here is a video of my ropedart/meteor hammer practice:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf8cTN3PCzI"]METEOR HAMMER/ROPE DART Practice (Slow Motion - Sony Action Cam) - YouTube[/ame]

Is there any other practitioners of the rope dart or meteor hammer on the site?

Thanks, Nick.

ps. For anyone interested I am also putting together rope dart and meteor hammer video tutorials on my youtube channel

2. mattt

mattt Valued Member

You should talk with Ninja Zach. He loves the meteor hammer and studies karate too. I think you would have a lot in common.

3. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

You've got some talent with that thing! What style of karate do you do?

4. Camo-sling

Camo-sling New Member

Thanks, I knew there had to be someone else on the website who messes around with the meteor hammer!

5. Camo-sling

Camo-sling New Member

Thanks!

I study shukokai karate, there must also be some practitioners of this style on the forums too. What style of martial arts do you do Grass Hopper?

6. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Nicely done! Where did you learn it, have you studied Kung Fu in the past as this is not a traditionally taught weapon in the Karate systems? Never a weapon I got round to training in. I always had a preference for three sectional staff when I used to train in CMA.

Osu!

Dan93

7. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I know chainwhip, which technique wise is 95% the same

8. Grass hopper

I practice (and teach 5 year olds) shorin ryu shidokan karate. Pm me, I don't know anything about shukokai karate, we should compare styles :)

9. Camo-sling

Camo-sling New Member

Hey Dan, I am pretty much self taught. There's a serious lack of rope dart and meteor hammer videos out there so many moves I created myself.

Grasshopper, I'm thinking of uploading a few videos of my kata's. Do you have any videos of your katas?

10. Grass hopper

I don't yet, but I could definitely make some!