Meetings....I hate them

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Xue Sheng, Aug 3, 2020.

1. wakaba

wakaba Valued Member

Hey, kind of a long story. Check out my thread about training material and it explains a lot :)

2. Mine is easy. I studied Shotokan Karate about 30 years ago, and i think i got to yellow belt. Life happens and I lost interest it. About 4 years ago I started Wing Chun, mostly self taught. I did go local school but stopped after Corona. I wasn't confident in the safety measures upon reopening. That is where I am now.

wakaba likes this.
  3. I read them. Very interesting. I live in the DC area but most of the schools in the DMV(DC. Maryland, Virginia) are too far especially travelling on the roads,traffic really bad and due to Corona I don't want to take chances.

wakaba likes this.
  4. wakaba

wakaba Valued Member

Hey sorry to hear it didn't work out with the classes. What made you decide on wing chun?

5. Not alot of kicks, and I am not exactly a young guy in his 20s. I still have good reactions, and also in WC no wasted motion, you block and attack at the same time

wakaba likes this.
  6. Also forgot only 3 forms or Katas to learned. I learned the first one myself with no outside help.

wakaba likes this.
  7. wakaba

wakaba Valued Member

That might be worth looking into, then.

8. Let me know what you think.

wakaba likes this.
  9. Hi Claire,
    Training update. I did train with a guy who I ran into a couple of years ago, and met with him a couple of times. I lost touch with him. I think I located him. I wrote him a short note, so I guess I will see what happens. I did try to send him a text but did not hear anything so that is when I decided to write him. To quote a movie called 'Ben Hur' "The race goes on."

10. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I have a meeting today.....with the person that got me quarantined at the start of this whole Covid thing...happy happy joy joy

axelb and wakaba like this.
  11. wakaba

wakaba Valued Member

Oh jeez hope it went well!