Martial Arts Rings/Jewelry

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Bulldog, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to get a good quality ring or necklace for a martial artist?

I"ve wandered around the internet and haven't really found exactly what I would like to get....

I was hoping to find a nice sterling silver ring or perhaps a unique pendant...

Anyway...I thought I would come to the best suggestion box on the planet...

Drop me yours...and I'll be a satisfied shopper!

Thanks in advance guys and girls...

Bulldog

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

What do you mean by "for a martial artist"? Do they have like little spikes hidden in them so you can use them as weapons?

PL

3. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

NO POOP LOOPS...:)

Like rings you would wear...class ring style, or perhaps something with a character/lettering...dragon/tiger...that type of thing...

Not a minature Ninja ammo dump for your hands...or neck...

No spikes please...:)

4. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

I never wear jewellery anymore.

Everything in the past has either been lost hastily leaving training sessions or broken in impromptu wrestles!

Nathan

5. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

I don' t wear any rings or earrings anymore for some of the same reasons you mentioned Levo...ha ha

There is also a reason I don't wear my hair long anymore either!
    :)

I was thinking more along the lines for a black belt ceremony...as a gift to the student...

6. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

7. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

That's a good one Pacificshore...

Salute!

BD

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

9. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Excellente'...

10. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

11. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Here is a professional jeweler who only works with really high quality material, gold, sterling silver. I've been promised a ring at my black belt certification.... www.trhawkinson.com

12. inacan

inacan New Member

Yeah I don't ware stuff anymore either, too risky and it gets damaged, not to mention if you accidently hit one of your partners in the face with a ring, it's going sting.

13. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Sting? Getting whipped with a leather belt stings. A ring, well "sting" is not only an understatement, it's not in the same catagory. And, those medalions look pretty kewl. Only problem is finding a chain strong enough for a MA lifestyle without spending a bundle to look like Mr. T/ a Rapper.:D

14. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Umm, who said anyone would wear it during training? :p

15. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

I just thought a ring would be a nice touch for Dan promotions...
    Something that can be personalized, and perhaps even handed down...

Glad you all jumped in on this...I've been rethinking and planning Dan promotions for students...and it is just as special for me as it is for them...ya know?

I think an embroidered black belt, custom certificate and a ring for the ceremony would be quite nice...

16. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

.... that's a nice idea.

I came across this page this morning on martial art watches ... the dragon pocket watch is pretty cool ... (maybe an inscription put on?)... and inexpensive.

There are also dog tags, medaliions, etc... on site.... check out the 'gifts' link

Speaking of certificates... they also have a variety of those too!

17. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

For Christmas I bought 50 pin badges for my students. These pin badges were no ordinary badges - in fact they were the school logo. www.i4cpublicity.com

They went down pretty well......

EDIT: But very expensive!!

18. Ein

Ein Guest

OOOOOOOO now I want a ring.