Martial arts magazines

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Monkey_Magic, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Which martial arts magazines remain in print?

Since the demise of Martial Arts Illustrated, I’m wondering which other magazines are still in print. Has anyone read World of Martial Arts magazine?

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I haven't heard of either of those

I am still reading Black Belt, but have been losing interest in the magazine. The articles don't really resonate with me that much... especially the B movie reviews and some of the very outdated retro articles. I probably will let my subscription lapse next time.

I think Taekwondo Times is still published - I got tired of their shift in articles from a mix of KMA to mostly sport TKD and especially the very pro-North Korean slant that the articles took. I let my subscription lapse quite a while ago now.

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Good question! And I'm glad to hear BB Mag is still in print! I haven't had a subscription since, oh, 2001, I think. I had a subscription to "Inside Kung Fu" at the same time and liked them both for several years, but at some point it just wasn't lining up with what I was doing in m.a. any more. (shrug)

I'm old fashioned. I like paper magazines. I do not like online magazines. A couple years ago I was looking for a physical BJJ magazine. I found one, and subscribed to it, but then it stopped printing a paper version before my first year expired. Ack! I was sad. I did not renew.

I'm not familiar with "World of Martial Arts."