Martial arts in Nottingham

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by GojuKJoe, Aug 3, 2006.

1. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

I'm considering going to see Tool in Nottingham this december, so I though I might also check out some MAs while I'm there. Does anyone know of any good schools there?

The styles I'm mainly interested in are Karate (Goju, or Kyokushin/derivatives) judo, and BJJ/submission wrestling.

Cheers

Joe

2. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

i teach chinese wrestling in coventry which is about 30 mins from nottingham. in my syllabus i teach stand up wrestling, submission wresting and strikes from standing and on the floor. would u be ok to travel that distance on a friday night? :)

3. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

Thanks for the reply, but unfortuneatly the gig is on the friday night, so I wouldn't be able to go.

4. b19vny

b19vny Valued Member

Check out Lee Livingstone's MMA gym - somewhere in Sneinton - Nathan Leverton (Levo on here) knows him . . . I think he's a blue belt in BJJ.

Simon Oliver, Aiden Trimble and Asano are amongst the best Shotokan karate-ka in the county - not much Gojo here though.

The Beeston Rylands Judo club is a BJA centre of Excellence and GB squad members are often seen down there. It is a very tough work-out!

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Portland Judo Club train most nights of the week, and also Saturday and Sunday during the day.

Notts MMA also train most nights and during the day. MMA, submission wrestling, BJJ etc etc.

SFUK do BJJ etc, don't know them but they have a good rep.

More SFUK people

There are lots of Karate people, including a Kyok club that trains Sundays and Thursdays. Go here for contact email and phone numbers for the Kyok club.

Mitch