Martial Art Christman gifts?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Bellator Manus, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

I was reading another thread and got this idea for a problem of mine:

Christmas is coming and it's the first one that I have been in MA, and the same year for my little bro. I was wondering what gifts I could ask for/get for my brother that could help our training at home. He and I usually train alone and our arts are American Kempo (with a little Arnis and kickboxing) and Matsumura Kenpo . Cheaper is better.

2. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

how about getting some focus pads and kickshields? Me and my brother are going to get some too, they're not that expensive.

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Tartan hakama? Oh, wait, that's what I want.
    Another thickness of gi? It's nice to have a thin-weight for summer and a heavy-weight for winter.
    Or even another gi, for a spare, so you don't have to do laundry as often.

4. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

ill make a vote for the pads and shield.. some sparring equipment is nice as well, hel get a new uniform while you're at it :) years from now he'll be able to cherish it and tell stories about the great man who got it for him.

5. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Yeah, try get both. but failing that.....go focus pads and mitts......then his hands can tell the stories ;)

6. Rhizome

Rhizome Super Valued Member

Yip ill vote for that :)

7. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

But can one of us use one of those alone? I need that listed because my little bro hardly practices, I practice pretty often. I have sparring gear. But it would be fun to get him some so we could spar each other. I bet that would get rough.