MAP Meet 2018

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Simon, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

No way!!
    :'(

2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

I've wanted to come to this and was trying to work out options but it appears I'll be in Paxos drinking. To be honest it's a right logistical nightmare from where I am involving multiple trains buses and at least one hotel (you wouldn't think it bring as I'm in the UK) BUT I'll definitely be saving money aside for the next one. It'd be great to train, drill and spar with you guys and put fleshy faces to names. Hope its a great day.

Edit - and it's not just cuz Tom's not going :p

3. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Gutted! @Mushroom @Pretty In Pink and it would have been great to meet @Knee Rider too!
    I'll be there, and if anyone in the Shropshire area wants a lift, or can get to a station in Telford, Shrewsbury, or Wolverhampton for a lift, I'm happy to help. I have a full DBS through work, and I'm sure PiP might vouch that I'm not a homicidal maniac!

Knee Rider likes this.
  4. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

I really should come to one of these some year... maybe next year, though that is what I thought to myself last year.

5. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Just come this year and save yourself the problem of having to decide next year.

Mitch likes this.
  6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Next year handsome ;)

Knee Rider likes this.
  7. Knee Rider

My folks still live out near shrewsbury so maybe I'll take you up in this next time! I'll go twos on petrol :)

hewho likes this.
  8. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Not sure, if that's good or bad.
    'Needs one to know one' jumps to mind.

hewho likes this.
  9. Morik

Well I was actually thinking of coming this year as I was planning to go to Zurich for work the week after the meet. But after looking at the transit between the meet & Zurich, I was not so sure. And then I ended up not going on the trip to Zurich anyway, so...

If I do come I'd prefer to plan it far enough in advance that plane tickets are cheaper (6 weeks out at a minimum, generally).

10. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Hey, I'm pretty sure we drilled together at the last one! :D

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I would 100% help you capture and murder someone! That's what friends are for!

Knee Rider and hewho like this.
  12. hewho

hewho Valued Member

*wipes away tear* That's just beautiful bro! I may have to sig it

13. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Hey everyone.

Feeling a bit bad about it, I have a sort of bad and a sort of good news.
    Which ones is which will probably depend on the person reading.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the Meet this year.
    I really, really wanted to come again (and I hope I will still be welcome next year), but some"thing" came between it.

May I introduce "Garry" (name might be changed; I'd like to find a cooler name than this by Sunday. But it's not a bad name after all).
    IMG_20180517_182517899_HDR-kleiner.jpg

Garry is mixed breed; his Dad is an American Shepherd (tricolor), his Mom is a Border Collie/ Labrador mix (a pretty, nearly entirely black lady).
    He was born on March 30th, and will move to me on the 30th this month (because there is a holiday the day after; otherwise it would have been the 3rd of July).

I got to visit him today and his "owner"; we got to know each other and the woman was alright with being willing to give him to me (she sent others away, which I liked. Even if I wouldn't have gotten her "okay" I would have still thought it great, that she bothers so much!).
    I think she liked that I was being honest about my Tics and such, when she asked what I do for a living.

Anyway - Since he will only move to me a week before the Meet I can't bring it on par with my conscience to already leave him with my Mom - that would be neither fair to, my Mom, nor me.

The original plan was to get a dog towards the summery holidays, but then I saw this litter of pups online and got hooked, because I think it's a great mix, that also should be rather beginner friendly (if prepared properly, of course. It's my first own dog, but I used to take care of the dogs of friends at times, so I am not entirely new to it. Plus: I train kids. Pretty much the same, just that the pup is more cute ;) )

EDIT: Gee, the picture is gigantic. I'll try and change that!

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Pretty In Pink, Knee Rider and axelb like this.
  14. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Aww too cute!

A shame you can't make it this year, I enjoyed training with you last time!

hewho, Latikos and Knee Rider like this.
  15. Morik

Collies, Labs, and Shepherds are all beautiful dogs (even if labs tend to be somewhat monochromatic). I tend to find any mix of those tends to have really interesting coloration.

Latikos likes this.
  16. Knee Rider

Cute. Dog.

Latikos likes this.
  17. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Thanks.
    The dog is nice too, isn't he?

I was really tempted to come anyway.
    Or, more precisely: One of the reasons I originally wanted to get the dog towards holidays, was that all seminars would be done for two months, and I could come to England.

Because I too really did enjoy it; both the meet and training with you too.

But even though my Mom would take great care of him during the weekend, it would just be wrong.

Indeed.
    There was one puppy that had wolfish-brown (Garry was a close second, I actually wanted that one); and I saw pictures of the first litter from three years ago - some of *those* looked incredible.
    Garry is "boring" in comparison.

Also "only" black and white; but I'm also honest: He could be purple and I would still learn to love him :D

Thanks.

Still didn't quite manage to wrap my head around it.
    I thought about it for over a year, so it becoming real is just weird :eek:o_O:confused:

Knee Rider likes this.
  18. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Garry is gorgeous! :)

Latikos likes this.
  19. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Ahhhh - so cute!

Latikos likes this.
  20. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Just had an SMS from Keith Le Behan saying that Map Meet 2018 was short a couple of instructors - maybe I can help? There's only one of me though - but if you really needed two sessions, I could always change costume and do a Tai Chi session and then a Karate Jitsu session later. For people who don't remember me www.ahmaa.co.uk :)

Simon, chatter box and Aegis like this.