Manila Shopping Malls

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by LabanB, Sep 5, 2009.

1. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Hi,

I should have a couple of days to spend in Manila when I'm next in the RP. Any advice on the best shops/shopping malls for martial arts gear, i.e. books, dvds, equipment?

Cheers
    Bill

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

squadron shoppe (current location rumored to be in cubao, will post when i find it).

k-1 along ortigas avenue in san juan.

for equipment, go to quiapo on the side after the church along espana ave. (after the herbalists stalls) many stalls there sell stuff for martial arts, police and military work. also check out the mami and siopao of good old mamonluk.

3. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Manila Malls

Cheers
    Bill

4. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I am soooo jealous!!!

Looking forwards to getting the eskrido book when you get back aswell, how much is it again?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  5. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Eskrido book

Hi GB,
    £25 for the book!

And jealous? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...:)

Bill

6. EmptyHandGuy

Well you are jetting off to sunnier climes to do nothing but train eskrima, swim in the Pacific ocean, and enjoy exotic locations...... What is there to be jealous about? :cry:

7. Citom

Citom Witless Wonder

For books you can try branches of National Book Store... all the big malls have a branch.. They sometimes stock martial arts books there... it's the Filipino equivalent of W.H. Smith..
    http://www.nationalbookstore.com.ph/ for their branch locator. And they have two of Remy Presas' books in their online catalogue..

8. reydominguez

reydominguez Valued Member

call me i can be a help

9. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Shopping for FMA gear

Hi All, due to the situation in Manila, and my badly stubbed toe (fell over in the shower room, er, very, very drunk - 80o/oproof rum will do that!) we'll be giving the trip to Manila a miss this time.
    Any contact details in Cebu for said training equipment/books/DVDs?

Bill

10. EmptyHandGuy

Hi Bill, thought you were supposed to be training!!

11. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Training

It is training, Gornall. Can you remain vertical in a wet floored environment, whilst inebriated. I failed the first time, so I am having another go tonight...;-)

Bill

12. shootodog

shootodog restless native

it's an important skill set to learn and master!

13. EmptyHandGuy

Aah, so its a training exercise then!! So will you be instigating this new training method in class when you get back then?

14. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

New training regime

Hi,

Yes, the new tests will be introduced when we get back. Two bottles of 80o/o rum for about a fiver!! NICE...;-)

Oh,well, last day in Moalboal. Leave tomorrow afternoon for Cebu. Scuba diving today,disco tonight (hopefully no close encounters this time -a story for the club members when we get back).

The GM's are coming with us. Should be a whole new experience!!!!

Bill