ManabiMashoMan.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Lord Spooky, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanir

Vanir lost my sidhe

I apolegise to you as a person, MMM, I intend no attack of a personal nature, however am compelled to regard 3rd party claims as free territory to be examined just as I would any in good scientific process during my general day to day.

On the contrary I've found SpookyFBI to be quite mature and genuine in his approach here. I applaud the manner in which he has conducted himself and sought to direct the thread, which is a perfectly valid one in my opinion. It's so hard dealing with opinions, because they're just not hard truths, are they?
    Firstly, some 9 punches per second is the world record. Secondly your claim was punches within 20 seconds, which is a sustained effort. Have you ever even watched someone attempt one of these world records? Karate shodan with over ten years experience with one dojo, literally shouting with agony by the thirty second mark and scoring less per second over a minute than you claim you do in your dojo. You wouldn't expect something which is a world record to not be quite at the very limits of human capabilities would you?
    Thirdly, my first formal dojo was with Cheung's Wing Chun Academy in Melbourne. I was comparitively smaller in build than anyone similar in age. But I was fast. Real fast. I was so fast a friend of mine wanted to unofficially test it one afternoon and we managed to time 4 punches per second. I was the proudest 17 year old for a thousand miles I'm absolutely certain. I have never been as fast since, but I hit probably 5 times harder now. Trust me, 4 per second is goddamn fast and I deserved the capable local reputation it gave me.
    I agree with you that it is up to the webmaster to prove claims he has made. However the secretive aspects you are discussing are known as Mikkyo and relate to religious disciplines such as elements of historical warrior and religious subcultures. Applying this perspective to a garden variety Karate dojo is in my opinion childish and misleading. Perhaps if your Phys-Ed qualified head instructor thinks he has combat secrets, you should seek a real martial arts instructor who informs rather than excludes.
    Sorry mate but experience tells us this is the claim of an unqualified practitioner. I am an unqualified practitioner, and will frequently make this claim. I will also openly answer any questions put to me concisely, rely largely upon research and forthrightly explain my lack of any qualifications in martial arts whatsoever. I am however an enthusiast, generally well educated, have training experience at least and have as much right to attend and speak upon these forums as anyone else. I've found nothing but good response here, myself and applaud the interest and humour in general of MA'ists at the site.
    I find it obvious this is probably the last place someone wants to blow up their formal qualification as an authority to others. Some members at this site are the people you read about in very credible articles, or high ranking members of very credible schools and traditions. Some are just high school kids asking questions and hanging out with friends, their honesty and openness should be celebrated.
    Cavarez looks okay as far as a garden variety Jujitsu instructor goes. He's invented a system. Somebody sponsored him to the WHFSC of which Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan are honourary members, it's all quite an honour. And it's clear he's trying to make the best he can of his role as a martial artist.
    Personally I think you don't do that by compiling a series of trumped up degrees that basically amount to being a qualified Phys Ed teacher for adults (in the academic sense of course), but hey, that's just me.
    Physical challenge is significant of an ambitious male's perceptions of a dominant leader. A proper PhD will tell you that. This infers at this instance that you feel the argument is more powerful than you, or that you are wrong and they are right. A proper BA is all you need for that bit.
    Yes, according to your bio, your employment is: an Instructor at Tri-City Martial Arts/ also Landlord/ vet from Army
    Just to clarify, vet from army, you served in Desert Shield/OIF? Who with? Are you a paid martial arts instructor, or an assistant instructor in class, as mentioned in another thread? When you say Landlord, how many properties do you own, is this your primary income?
    Are you simply unemployed after being booted out of the Army on the far side of basic training and put your name as the leaseholder on a rental property you now sublet? Just curious.
    Your biography is fascinating, "I am super dedicated and skilled," geez it's lucky you didn't accidentally put those words around the wrong way, I am dedicated and super skilled," which is what it sounds like you're trying to do above with your challenge. Look up Ashida Kim threads for more information about where you're heading like a speeding bullet.
    Also your bio says you were born in 1978 yet you claimed you were in photos taken with Stephen K Hayes in the early 1980's where you recall parts of the conversation. Was he carrying you piggy back at the time? Can we see your baby photos which include this instance?
    Okay now this is just hilarious. Let me give you a hint, if you give a geniune perception of immediate injury, that's called assault. If you step off a plane in the near future anywhere near SpookyFBI you've already committed assault by UK law. If you threaten him with serious injury or allude in any way to a lethal threat, you're looking at jail time. This is aside from the fact that after he or one of his friends knocks your teeth out, you're the one who's going to get charged whilst they get a pat on the back.
    You're being very wrong here MMM. Be careful.
    Or what, you'll walk up to him so he can shoot you with the lawful carriage of a licensed firearm under US Constitutional Law in evidentary self defence? You're showing your age, kid, and you seriously need to perform a reality check.
    Firstly, dont' go telling others how they'd act unless it's in concert of a hypothesis engaging some other point, then expect it to be challenged. People respect who they respect, you've commanded absolutely none thus far, obviously. That's something for you to examine, not run around making threats about. What kind of a moron are you, do you seriously think pretending to be a thug scares serious martial artists into submission? It's like tying your own hands behind your back and challenging someone to a game of poker, mate you can't even pick the damn cards up.
    Secondly, you have claimed outrageous stuff. Aside from uncorroberated claims that are highly unlikely, you got yourself caught out in a lie about Stephen K Hayes, whilst you were misrepresenting worldwide bujinkan dojos. Unless you were four years old at the time...
    Correction, the certificate is printed on a real piece of paper. The credibility of university level qualifications and the manner and circles of their recognition is quite another thing. All his qualifications amount to in an academic sense is being a qualified physical education teacher for adults, depending which universities will recognise his accreditation he may be capable of teaching Phys Ed in one of them.
    That's it. I had a Phys Ed teacher in high school. He was a moron. Another one slept with a student.
    As for "doctorates in martial arts" they are offered as a curriculum in no credible university of which I am aware. Were they, it would undoubtedly involve such disciplines as Palaeoanthropology and Anthropology as is typical of a PhD in elements of human anthropology in the historical record, as well as elements of Psychology, limited Medical Doctor, Sociology, Theology, and of course some martial arts accreditation itself.
    You don't just dolly up a new kind of black belt accreditation and call it a PhD in Martial Arts. BA's in things like Psychology are still having a hard time getting recognised by hard-scientists. Tell me, what certified and academically accredited organisation did he do his internship with? Sam Joe's Buddhist Temples of Ohio?
    Ashida Kim couldn't have said it better himself.
    I dunno, I see a couple of fan photos ("hey, I love you, can you take a picture with me"), and a certification that Cavarez did attend a seminar hosted by Hayes. Wow.
    I see no teaching nor ninpo mikkyo accreditations nor any formal credibility offered to Cavarez by Hayes.
    I think it's funny you come to a very popular martial arts website and start contradicting what the community itself tells you is highly unlikely. There's plenty of people here with more accreditations in Kung Fu than you have in Jujitsu.

Once again I wish to state to you that this post is intended in no way as a personal attack but merely seeks to address claims and statements made by you.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  2. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

OK slip, we heard you the first nine times (and I think you're running out of font sizes). :D :D

3. Punch-Kik-Choke

Punch-Kik-Choke Banned Banned

hey no fair.

Now I'll never be able to shoot him.

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

yeah I did...

I tried to type:

/font size=bust you in the eye

but it didn't work. :D

5. hux

hux ya, whatever.

okie dokie, I have PM'ed MMM with login details. I have donated 200 megs webspace for this circus to take place.

MMM - You have my word that I will delete the file from the server whenever you request, be it 5 days or 5 minutes.

In the interest of being completely truthful, though, you should know that anyone can save to local disk and republish any file made available over the web, and there's not a lot you or I or anyone else would be able to do about it.

You should understand as well - refusal to post something here is going to pretty much seal your MAP fate, regardless of the reason.

edit

it's 1:15am here, I'm going to bed. MMM - feel free to share my PM with anyone if you run into troubles uploading. It's a fairly standard thing but if you're not familiar with FTP it can be a bit daunting. You didn't claim to be able to FTP 200 files in 20 seconds :)

/edit

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I would also like to say this: I am not very knowledgable about bujinkan budo taijitsu, having only taken for about 3 months, but my instructor has hand-written and printed certificats as well as a small card he carries in his wallet. Both are signed by Masaaki Hatsumi, who is the recognized grandmaster of ninjitsu. If your instructor is an accredited bujinkan instructor, why did he fail to include these certificates on his website and include a certificate of attendance to a Hayes seminar?

Very nice post Vanir. Intelligent, thoughtful, mature. Everything I have come to expect from the finest of MAP posters, even in the face of this type of ignorance.

7. Yohan

Someone make sure they save the movie. I'm going to bed. I can't see the rest of this.

8. Unisonus

Unisonus Bloody Rare, Please

This thread is like a troll's wet dream.

9. Yohan

Now thats funny. Anyone who doesn't think thats funny needs to go post on bullshido instead.

CORRECTION: This thread IS a trolls wet dream.

10. Cain

Cain New Member

O.M.G what a way to brighten up my morning!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Punchy, mention Renzo of the claims made by MMM and follow Renzo with a vid cam or something and post the vid here please :D

|Cain|

11. Punch-Kik-Choke

Punch-Kik-Choke Banned Banned

hehe, I'll try.

Last time I saw him was 2 weeks before the Penn fight.

I have a feeling I'm going to come off as an idiot if I ask though :cool:

12. ManabiMashoMan

ManabiMashoMan Banned Banned

NOW YOU TELL ME i have been the last 20 minutes trying to shrink the MB space lol....anyways i have like 15 small videos....i got them stored on our website but haven't figured out how to post videos....evidently i cant /file/videos/"myvideo" them or post like pictures........ so im going to send them on HUX's thingy. Have fun and enjoy all.

for the record i had to time these couldnt get in 20 seconds without going over 5mb. I got one of 11 seconds and i start out slow but it has 95 hits in 11 seconds. Yeah not what i promised but these are without a dummy and in air. IM trying to contact my brother to stand in for me and take the hits but hes not responding to the phone yet.

sorry for the longgggggggggggggg wait.

13. ManabiMashoMan

thanks man.....its no problem. I just have been sifting over the videos over n over trying to get the MB and KB short enough to dl ......HUX just told me i have more then enough room so i will make a longer one for the heck of tommorow im tired. anyways i have one im trying to get to hux now its 95 hits in 11 seconds But in the air and I need a person to actualy stand in front of me so i can beat on them for everyone to see the potential of the hits. and when the guy bends or bows over i just follow up with other stuff and usualy end in throws or jointlocks.

14. ManabiMashoMan

THANKS FOR WAITING EVERYONE.........

I know some of you were quiet and respectfull to me so thanks. Hux is giving me time tommorow to post a longer hitting demo, but for now this will have to do because im having issues with huxs email lol

anyways go to the thread "Manabimasho's DEMO" its in gen chat...

15. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Oy cheesyboy!!

I have put the address for you on the other thread thrashing you, come on over when you feel like it, bring your freak of a wife as well!! :D

As spooky's immediate teacher you can have a pop at me if you think your ard enough!!! :D

16. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

aww cheers Greg!

17. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Thanks for your response MMM!

If you look at the first post in this thread I’ve stated my reasons for posting and the intent behind it!

You bought these “issues” up on a public forum therefore IMHO they should be answered in public! A number of times you have been asked questions based around certain comments you have made but then have failed to provided follow up to them. From this I’ve noticed you have had a lot of flak! So like I said I did this so that you could address some of these without straying form the original subject of whatever thread they were in.

Have I said anywhere that I don’t think you can fight? No I haven’t!
    I’ve asked questions as have others in response to things you have said, stuff you have bought up.
    Have I issued a physical challenge? No! All I have done is ask for clarification on some of your comments.

Please justify your reasoning, in a calm and civil manner if you don’t mind, as to why I am a punk and need to be shown proper manners??? All I have done is ask questions about some of the things you have said. No one has trapped you. All that has happened is you have made a statement and people have asked you to; explain what you mean, go into greater detail or justify your reasoning.

Ok if you said face to face I can do x,y and z I would go “oh ok can you show me how please” if you were to say “I’ve trained in a number of sword styles” my response would be “ cool which ones” if you were to say “security companies seek out our style” I would reply with “oh which ones?”

Which is pretty much what I have done with these posts! You have made a statement to which I or others have asked a question about. For example the following is from your intro thread, which I postsed at the start of this one, and my questions on what you have said:

Would you care to point out the “disrespect” in the above?

Please explain why I owe you an apology?
    Please explain how I went too far?

By IPC I take it you mean IP Address? Good luck with it !! er just how will you find out where I train via my IP??? :rolleyes:

You want me!!! Er wow I’m flattered :love:
    Again please explain how by asking you questions in response to some of you comments I have bashed you?

So basically your reply to my questions is to physically threaten me…in public may I add!!

Er would a MOD care to address this last quote please?

Thank you

and thank you MMM for your well thought out and balanced reply!

18. shootodog

shootodog restless native

the grandfather of renzo gracie? carlos gracie? the founder of gracie jiujitsu?

carlos + carmen = robson gracie who is the father of renzo gracie.

they do? that's funny. never once did any gracie mention such a thing.

NOBODY??? WTF??? they had a virtual empire in brazil and they made waves in japan and the middle east way way way before the ufc. way way way before you were born.

i'll wait until carlson sr. and jr. visit again.

19. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

I think someone owes him an apology for what science did to his wife!!! :D

20. shootodog

shootodog restless native

MMM

since you worship hayes so much ask him about that time he picked on a filipino in a knife demo. that demo where he got his @ss stabbed (twice or so) in front of a lot of people.

jerry "nonoy" gallano in toronto. cold mountain uichi ryu dojo.

hayes' reply: "you're stabbing me wrong"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.