Lutalo Muhammad named for team GB

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by liero, May 28, 2012.

1. Caleb Demarais

Caleb Demarais Valued Member

Lutalo Muhammad = Token Black Guy?

2. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I really don't think its a racial issue, this purely stems from Aaron leaving the official training regime and going it along. The powers that be are upset that he chose to go it alone and excluded him from the team.

3. Caleb Demarais

I know, I know. It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to PASmith's post about faces fitting and all.

4. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

They went to CAS for Chambers and he wasn't nominated, so how is that a consistent policy?

I hope he takes them to course. Even if he loses, the embarrassment will do a lot of damage.

6. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

thanks for the edition H' I felt so frustrated at the knock back I immersed myself in the footy. which tbh didn't make me feel much better

your right chap, but no consolation for the years Cook's put in and contributed to the popularity of taekwondo ....I cant even as a hobbyist let alone a professional get near the disappointment hes feeling.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

If I was Cook I'd be looking for any tenuous link in my family to another country and fight for them in 4 years.
    This is making British TKD look like a joke.

8. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

spotted a good comment few days back PASmith....'your granny's names Edna! so come fight for the greenmachine' I thought at the time, how funny but True.

9. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

well guys its been an eye opener to the people who run the BT/gbtkd or which ever mask they would care to choose on future dis-functions, all the best everyone, I still see an extremely slim chance of arron cook gaining his deserved place, but the odds are stacked against and im going to start some heavy bike, road work, bag and forget I was ever a member.

gamsa nida

10. Caleb Demarais

Good luck, Kamau.

11. Caleb Demarais

It's all over: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18644286

Absolutely devastated for Cook. You make a tremendously difficult decision to leave a publicly funded training set up to pay your own way, work your ass off to get to the very top of your sport, only to be undone by bruised egos. I will be boycotting the entire Olympics because of this. GB TKD is a farce. The TOS prevent me from addressing them in more colourful language.

12. liero

liero Valued Member

I really feel for Aaron. However, there is a story to the degree of dedication for nearly every TKD athlete, or any athlete for that matter, who is competing at the London Olympics.

I'm sure every -80kg male going to London is breathing a small sigh of relief. But I can't imagine anyones relaxing in their training. I can't wait to see who wins in that division!

13. holyheadjch

It's sad, but I can't wish the GB TKD team well at the Olympics. It's not the athletes fault, but the organisations actions have turned a lot of people against them.

14. holyheadjch

If you try your best but don't meet the standard that's hard, but that's also sport, but if you do make the standard and they screw you over, that's not right.

God, it will be a relief when they drop TKD from the Olympics. It's been nothing but drama and embarrassment since Sydney.

15. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

This really has made GB Taekwondo look ridiculous.

16. stuckTKD

stuckTKD Valued Member

Ridiculous and it's sad for Aaron, GB taekwondo should hang their heads in shame, its pathetic carry on.

17. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

It's just not right on so many levels.

18. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

Yours and Mr Cooks martial etiquette remains in tact master Demarais,;)

Its now a well known fact the BTCB has none! no point in saying GB teakwondo .as there a group of people positioned and directed/payed by the BTCB EC to do as they order or lose the paycheck and the cushty job, I see recently the chairman's name mentioned..Adrian Tranter, if you have never had the pleasure, I envy you! ego size of a London bus and how someone with such a vile personality to anyone lower then his 6th dan status would ever rise to such a position is beyond reason.........im sure the true guardians who introduced WTF Tkd to the UK in the 70s are mortified by these current events and Im getting back on the bike:D I will not be wishing the GB team any misfortune in the coming games, I will just hope the best martial artist wins on merit and not politics......the UK's best hope as just bowed out with honer;)

Luv Tkd! hate politics

bests kamau

19. Caleb Demarais

This might just be my next tattoo.

20. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

I think that if Lutalo Muhammad wins the Gold & becomes Olympic Champion in Aaron Cook's division, that this may be the best result for Olympic TKD, but possibility not for Mr. Cook.
    What do others think if this scenario would be the one that unfolds in a couple of weeks in their home country?