Lucas seeks new ways to ruin Iconic trilogy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by medi, Oct 17, 2007.

1. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7048440.stm

2. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I don't like the idea of this, you can't have star wars without the skywalkers, obviously just another money spinner, then again kids might love it.

3. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

4. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

5. Chimpcheng

Hey it's the BBC for ya.

Lucas started shooting additional scenes during the making of the prequels specificically to be used for the TV series, this was back in 1997.

Edit: I can't remember which DVD set it was (it's gotta be one of the first two prequels as I've not gotten round to watching the extras on the third movie), but there's a scene in one of the webisodes where Lucas, Rick MacCallum and Doug Chiang are discussing taking some exterior shots saying how great they'd be for a TV series. Granted, they didn't say which TV series but that's when rumours started about the TV series...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  6. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Gah, stop complaining. The latest film was pretty decent, right? It might rock, and it's probably better off if he's not using the original characters.

7. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Why not a TV series? Heck, look at all the books out that have nothing to do with the original moovies, they seem to do pretty well.

I mean, he's got to come up with some way to make more money.

8. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

We've had movies, games, cartoons, comic books, magazines, models and toys not to mention key rings and other merchandise. The only problem I see for the TV series is that the movies have set a high standard in computer animated special effects for the TV series to follow.

Spaceships are fairly easy to do these days. That's old hat. Models with more complex sets of movements however will be more problematic. Things like aliens and robots.

9. Terao

Terao Valued Member

well doctor who does pretty well. I'm sure with Lucas involved he won't let us down. :D

10. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

That's the scary thing - the fact that they could make it as bad as the Dr Who remakes *shudder*

Hey, why not strand Yoda and lord Vader on a council estate and set all the sci-fi elements against the backdrop of a kitchen-sink soap opera. Then "da kids" will be able to relate to it...

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Better still,get Shane Meadows to direct it and base it in Nottingham. :D

12. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

LMAO yoda is the original hoodie :eek: ... Obviously the standards have fallen since his day. :p

13. Shiho-Nage

Shiho-Nage I'm okay to go.

No, it wasn't and I would bet that it won't

The guy doesn't need the money. He is in the Guinness Book for making the most money off of a movie franchise.

When he made Star Wars he asked for the exclusive marketing rights and was given them because at that time no one had ever flooded the market with tons of plastic crap referencing a movie.

Not to mention ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) his special effects/CGI studio.

The guy is richer than God and just as crazy.

14. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

He does whore his creation, but would you honestly be better off without him?

C'mon, give the TV series a chance. IF it turns out to be execrable, THEN I'll join in the mocking. Until then...

15. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

16. Chimpcheng

Although the series is to be told from the view points of several minor characters already known (and perhaps a few unknown) in the Star Wars universe, there's rumour of C3PO kicking about and Boba Fett is, apparently, to play a major supporting role.

From Star Wars magazine, it seems that many actors from the prequels - Ewan McGregor, Frank Oz, Ian McDiarmid, Jimmy Smits, Temuera Morrison and Chewie (the guy who plays Chewie looks like Chewie so we'll call him Chewie) has expressed an interest in play bit parts in the series.

Fans might be interested to know that the character Quinlan Vos (sp??) could make an appearance...