Looking for Recomendations around London / Essex

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by foci, Mar 31, 2009.

1. foci

foci Valued Member

What would you recomend?

I am quite open about what art I do. I think it is more about the training than the art itself.

So who has experience around the East London / South East Essex area?

Thanks!

2. worthingsaxovtr

worthingsaxovtr Valued Member

3. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

4. herbert

herbert Valued Member

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

London Shoot have a great reputation!

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Pancrase London are in Bethnall Green if you're looking for MMA and there's also Fight Factory around East London that have an interesting mix of classes.

I know of an excellent tai chi teacher who has classes at London Bridge if you want something a bit different but can be very martial too (if that's what you're after).

What sort of martial arts interest you ?

Paul Whitrod also has top notch credentials and reputation, he teaches Chowgar Mantis and other interesting martial arts arts such as Kalarippayat and Krabi Krabong in the East London area (stratford)

7. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

You might need to narrow down your requirements a little. Generally, people train for various reasons, incuding self defence, fighting, sport, social, fitness, genuine interest in a particular art-type, and so on.

When you're not that fussy, it's almost the same as being really fussy - it can be difficult to find something that really, really suits you.

8. foci

foci Valued Member

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, just been able to access the net since I posted.

I train in BJJ and want to add some striking into my arsenal. So really I am looking for a stand up art. I dont really fancy any MMA stuff though. Was thinking Mauy Thai / Karate / Japanesse Ju Jitsu.

What are your opinions??

Thanks.

9. Gun De Niro

Gun De Niro Valued Member