Looking for Ninjutsu dojo in Jacksonville, FL

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Scott194, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Scott194

Scott194 New Member

I want to take classes on Ninjutsu but can't find a place or a person that could teach me, unless I travel 80miles. To drive that far is my last option.

Does anyone live near or in Jacksonville, FL (Northeast Florida) or know a dojo IN Jacksonville or perhaps somewhere closer, like St.Augustine or Orange Park?

The internet and the phone book hasn't helped me except for a couple places I called telling me that they've heard of one around town.

2. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

3. Scott194

Scott194 New Member

thanks, I'll check into it.

how's Bujinkan compare to Genbukan and Ninjukai Taijutsu?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  4. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Ninjukai Taijutsu is only found in Australia, it one of the "ninja arts" without a true linage, IMO its not a true ninja art, but style itself may still be good.

I study Genbukan, most people on this board are Bujinkan hance will give you a very skewed view of Genbukan. Personally I trained in both Bujinkan for a few months and Genbukan for the last few years. Genbukan dojo tend to be for formal and traditional and train alot harder. I had never broke a sweat in a Bujinkan dojo. I am not a fan of Hastsumi or the Bujinkan system and I see them breaking into many smaller styles after Hatsumi dies due to disorganization. Genbukan is very organized and will survive well past Tanmerua Sensei. If you are serious about ninjutsu IMO Genbukan is the only way

Florida Genbukan

Suiten Dojo
    GWNBF
    Michael Mackin
    P. 0. Box 1719, St. Augustine, FL. 320851719
    Tel: 904-669-1190
    Fax: 904-827-1250
    Email: Suitendojo@aol.com

Suiten Dojo
    GWNBF
    Group Leader: Terry Kent
    5240 Don Manuel Road, Elkton, FL.32033
    Tel: 904-692-3525
    Email: CHEZKENT@cs.com

Kagetora Dojo
    GWNBF/KJJR
    Carlos R. Febres
    2128 Michigan Avenue
    Kissimmee, FL. 34744
    Tel: 407-348-0420

5. Scott194

Scott194 New Member

I called the one in St.Aug and he teaches Ninjukai Taijutsu. The guy holds a 3 hr class once a week and says its very comprehensive and a tough workout.

The one in Elkton, I'll call tomorrow, but is 15miles farther and hopefully Genbukan is taught there. I'll try them both out and go from there.

6. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Suiten Dojo
    GWNBF
    Michael Mackin
    P. 0. Box 1719, St. Augustine, FL. 320851719
    Tel: 904-669-1190
    Fax: 904-827-1250
    Email: Suitendojo@aol.com

This one teaches Ninjukai Taijutsu?! thats the first I heard of a dojo outside Australia? Are you sure cause he still has his dojo listed as a Genbukan. If so I email by sensei to get them taken off the genbukan.org.

7. Scott194

Scott194 New Member

I may be mistaken but I'm positive I heard Ninjukai Taijutsu.

I'll call again today.

8. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

i've never really been to bujinkan but man was i sweaty after my genbukan training. my friend's shirt was seriously soaked.

9. Monoxide1346

Monoxide1346 New Member

indeed my shirt was soaked...