Looking for advice

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Karate_Man_1288, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Karate_Man_1288

Karate_Man_1288 New Member

Hi im Jim, and i have 3 yrs exp in TSD (2nd degree purple belt)
    I have seen a place near my house that teaches JKD, and i have checked it out. Seems to be a good place to learn. My TSD classes stop when the school year ends. (Around June 25) and I want to keep my skills sharp.

My questions are: a) Should I take the classes? b) If so, would in interfer too much with my TSD training? (which continues with a new session in Aug)

Any help would be nice. Thanks in advance

~Tang Soo~

2. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

I would suggest taking it. It nothing else, it will keep your mind sharp while taking in and learning new things.

Also, like you will probably learn in JKD - martial arts should be about adaptation. Maybe you will learn some things in JKD you could incorporate into your TSD. Who knows?

Lastly, if you just want to remain physically sharp - start, or continue, running every other day, keep doing pushups, crunches, squats, etc... Check out the threads for exercising without weights or bodyweight exercises.

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

I'd reccommend taking it if your other class stops like that. There's no way one training can interfere with another. I mean, what could happen?

PL

4. Karate_Man_1288

Karate_Man_1288 New Member

well its just that when i started taking TSD, and we started to spar, my sensei had asked (after i fought) if i had any previous MA exp. I said, no and why. He said he wanted me to use TSD and only TSD in his classes. But that was 3 yrs ago. He has seen me greatly improve both mentally and in skills. Perhaps his mind has changed

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Why only TSD? If you learn something new that works, what is the harm?

PL